Why Facebook why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: Why Facebook why?
When "parents" joined Facebook and it stopped being a college campus heavy used social networking device. That's legitimately when.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
21-04-2015, 06:29 PM
(21-04-2015 09:17 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  When "parents" joined Facebook and it stopped being a college campus heavy used social networking device. That's legitimately when.

I can't believe that never dawned on me.

Also became more frequent when Facebook introduced the "share" feature and people started turning their profiles into Tumblr pages.

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
21-04-2015, 06:41 PM
(19-04-2015 07:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's all you, man. My facebook tries to hook me up with cute atheist girls in my area.

Facebook is not your friend Johhny. No

#sigh
21-04-2015, 06:43 PM
(19-04-2015 06:20 AM)Biolizard Wrote:  Maybe it's just me, but since when the heck did Facebook become such a sounding board for championing the case for Christ or 'God'?? It's just replete with religious nonsense. I'm still for the most part a closeted Atheist, and it just irks the crap out me how Christian have carte blanche to post as much religious garbage as they desire. Prayer this, God that, Jesus this. All the while receiving nothing but encouragment, accolades and support for this baseless religious rubbish they post. I'm not a provocative or contentious person by nature, but it does rub me wrong to know that were I dare to post one post in support of atheism, skepticism or reason I would be mercilessly reviled!!! Entirely 'unfriended' by some I'm sure. Growing up in the Deep South, and having lived in the bat shit crazy religious south my entire life, has much to do with the inordinate amount of bs religious post I see on a daily basis in certain. But still......can't these Christian people just keep religion in their hearts and OFF Facebook. Please!

What? Do you know how to use your block settings? I don't have that problem. You control your own settings, of who posts on your timeline and or wall.

I run into Christians who come into atheists groups, but even then if I don't like someone who is becoming to annoying to me, I type their name into the block setting and won't see them again.

You can do that on Twitter as well.

Facebook allows everyone to have pages and post as long as they are not using it to commit crimes or advocate for crime. Outside that everyone can control what they see from their own end.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2015, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 07:06 PM by cactus.)
(21-04-2015 09:17 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  When "parents" joined Facebook and it stopped being a college campus heavy used social networking device. That's legitimately when.

This. I used to post my random thoughts on Facebook when I was in college....
Then grandma joined.
That's when I was like, "You know what, there's very little that I want to say to BOTH my college friends and my old church friends and family." I've gotten back into Facebooking a little bit after realizing I could now choose an audience for my posts, but still, I hardly ever reply to other people's posts, because Facebook isn't very clear on what will or will not show up on all my friends' news feeds.

I can just see my grandma sending me a concerned PM saying something like "I can't believe you support the gays. It just saddens me that you show no concern for their eternal salvation by posting these videos as if they're funny. Ellen DeGeneres is not funny and should be ashamed of her life choices." Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
21-04-2015, 08:38 PM
http://hecallsmelovely.tumblr.com/post/7...3868847417

Here is the first thing I saw as I opened up Facebook this morning. Ugggggg. I REALLY really need some atheist friends. If I do have any, they unfortunately are just as closeted as myself.
21-04-2015, 08:44 PM
I had to ban my own mother from posting on my wall, she simply doesn't get the fact that others are actually reading her personal posts directed at me. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-04-2015, 05:13 AM
(21-04-2015 08:38 PM)Biolizard Wrote:  http://hecallsmelovely.tumblr.com/post/7...3868847417

Here is the first thing I saw as I opened up Facebook this morning. Ugggggg. I REALLY really need some atheist friends. If I do have any, they unfortunately are just as closeted as myself.

have you looked for an atheist or humanist group in your area? There are many atheist groups on facebook, not just pages to follow. I belong to 3 that are just for atheist parenting and a local atheist group. When you participate more in those, you get to friend the members you connect with. I would advise only joining the closed ones if you are concerned about others reading what you write.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
22-04-2015, 06:06 AM
(19-04-2015 06:20 AM)Biolizard Wrote:  Maybe it's just me, but since when the heck did Facebook become such a sounding board for championing the case for Christ or 'God'?? It's just replete with religious nonsense. I'm still for the most part a closeted Atheist, and it just irks the crap out me how Christian have carte blanche to post as much religious garbage as they desire. Prayer this, God that, Jesus this. All the while receiving nothing but encouragment, accolades and support for this baseless religious rubbish they post. I'm not a provocative or contentious person by nature, but it does rub me wrong to know that were I dare to post one post in support of atheism, skepticism or reason I would be mercilessly reviled!!! Entirely 'unfriended' by some I'm sure. Growing up in the Deep South, and having lived in the bat shit crazy religious south my entire life, has much to do with the inordinate amount of bs religious post I see on a daily basis in certain. But still......can't these Christian people just keep religion in their hearts and OFF Facebook. Please!

So the reason they shouldn't post their beliefs on Facebook, is because you find yourself unable to express your views openly?
22-04-2015, 06:43 AM

I feel your pain so much right now. Lol. I think it only annoys me is because I could never be so liberal with my views without getting questioned, debated, and losing the respect of everyone I know.

I hate that people can post whatever controversial opinions they want to, ranging from politics to religion, but god forbid if I were to post something like: "I had a bitchin' day!" I would seriously get so many people "worried" about me being on the "wrong path." People would unfollow and unfriend me. And these are the same people who can post gruesome pictures about abortion.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde