Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 10:33 AM
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
(13-12-2012 10:26 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's not 'just fact'. A newborn will bond with any human, not just its biological mother.
To a limited degree, but ultimately it wants to go into the mother's arms as quickly as possible. Splitting up a baby from his/her mother permanently is unbelievably distressing when you can't even walk, in nature, when a baby is separated from parents, it is a life or death scenario.

Even other animals have taken care of babies not their own. A human baby is far better off with a gay/lesbian couple that loves them and takes care of them rather than being with parents that can't or won't. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
13-12-2012, 10:34 AM
(13-12-2012 10:31 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:28 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Which is why it being in the arms of another human is preferred. No one is leaving the proxy-by-mother baby on the street for a random gay couple to find.

Your argument is easily refuted by pets. Ever had a dog or a cat? I bet they damn well love you even though they are not biologically related to you.
The baby does not understand that though, all they know is that there mother has gone, for a young child, this is incredibly scary.

The differences of thinking between another animal is so vast, it's another conversation for another time really.
And you are assuming that the child is aware of the difference between its biological mother and the woman raising it. Sources? How do you know these things?

I have a cousin who lost custody of her 2nd child the day she was born. She was fucking stoned when she gave birth and was unfit to be a parent. But by your logic, she should have retained custody and the man she had left should have been forced to go back to his drug addict of an ex-wife whom he was miserable with.

Great plan.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Lolwut?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-12-2012, 10:39 AM
(13-12-2012 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:31 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  The baby does not understand that though, all they know is that there mother has gone, for a young child, this is incredibly scary.

The differences of thinking between another animal is so vast, it's another conversation for another time really.
And you are assuming that the child is aware of the difference between its biological mother and the woman raising it. Sources? How do you know these things?

I have a cousin who lost custody of her 2nd child the day she was born. She was fucking stoned when she gave birth and was unfit to be a parent. But by your logic, she should have retained custody and the man she had left should have been forced to go back to his drug addict of an ex-wife whom he was miserable with.

Great plan.
If you literally go from a sperm cell into a human inside a person, I think you know that person intimately enough.

I don't think that should be a scenario to begin with, first off smoking or taking any drugs while pregnant should be illegal. Full stop. Second of all, there should be financial incentive to be good parents, not the other way around such is the welfare state.
13-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Ok, this thread needs this

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
13-12-2012, 10:46 AM
(13-12-2012 10:13 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:06 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I'm sorry your parents hurt you so bad. I really do mean that. You've obviously suffered some mental damage from your childhood.

I'm a divorced father. I loved my (ex) wife for nearly two decades. We loved each other very much, at least for most of the marriage. We thought it would last forever and we would live happily ever after. While we loved each other we had two daughters and we both love them very much.

When we realized we didn't love each other any more, we still loved our kids.

Through the divorce, the only thing, let me repeat, THE ONLY THING we did care about was our children's well-being.

I didn't give a rat's ass whether my soon-to-be ex-wife was going to be OK after the divorce; hell, she cheated on me for years and threw me out like the garbage when she was done with me. Let her rot for all I care. But my kids, now them I do care about. And so does my ex-wife. She sacrificed almost everything for them. She didn't take one cent of alimony (the lawyers said she would be entitled to about 1,500 a month in alimony, which is about her current take-home pay, so alimony would have doubled her income) because the girls chose to live with me and my ex knew that if I paid her alimony then I couldn't support the girls nearly as well. Now she's living in a crappy trailer park instead of a nice home, because she sacrificed that alimony for her daughters' sake. The only thing I argued for in the divorce settlement were the things that the girls needed. Not me. Not my ex. Just what they needed.

So don't you dare tell me that I obviously don't care about my children. You have no idea. NONE. Now go crawl back into the hole you crawled out of and while you're there, try pulling your head out of your ass.
So you go from sympathy and understanding to abuse an insults within a couple of paragraphs? No wonder you are divorced and couldn't foster a productive relationship.
No, I still have sympathy for the damage you've apparently suffered. I just hope you can pull your head out and stop transposing your damaged childhood onto other people. We're not all the same. What happened to you is not indicative of what all divorced parents put their children through. In fact, both of my daughters repeatedly tell me how much better things have been since the divorce. They live with me and I can see the positive changes in their behavior compared against how they were before the divorce. Apparently your own situation wasn't as positive and I do have sympathy for it.

But grow up and pull your head out, man. Just because your parents did it wrong doesn't mean everyone does.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
13-12-2012, 10:46 AM
(13-12-2012 10:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And you are assuming that the child is aware of the difference between its biological mother and the woman raising it. Sources? How do you know these things?

Great plan.
If you literally go from a sperm cell into a human inside a person, I think you know that person intimately enough.

I don't think that should be a scenario to begin with, first off smoking or taking any drugs while pregnant should be illegal. Full stop. Second of all, there should be financial incentive to be good parents, not the other way around such is the welfare state.
"If you literally go from a sperm cell into a human inside a person, I think you know that person intimately enough."

You have no idea what 'consciousness' and 'knowledge' even mean.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 10:47 AM
(13-12-2012 10:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And you are assuming that the child is aware of the difference between its biological mother and the woman raising it. Sources? How do you know these things?

Great plan.

Your ignorance of biology is stunning.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
13-12-2012, 10:49 AM
(13-12-2012 10:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  If you literally go from a sperm cell into a human inside a person, I think you know that person intimately enough.

Your ignorance of biology is stunning.
It's not just an ignorance of biology.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 10:52 AM
(13-12-2012 10:46 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:13 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  So you go from sympathy and understanding to abuse an insults within a couple of paragraphs? No wonder you are divorced and couldn't foster a productive relationship.
No, I still have sympathy for the damage you've apparently suffered. I just hope you can pull your head out and stop transposing your damaged childhood onto other people. We're not all the same. What happened to you is not indicative of what all divorced parents put their children through. In fact, both of my daughters repeatedly tell me how much better things have been since the divorce. They live with me and I can see the positive changes in their behavior compared against how they were before the divorce. Apparently your own situation wasn't as positive and I do have sympathy for it.

But grow up and pull your head out, man. Just because your parents did it wrong doesn't mean everyone does.
Well you shouldn't of had children with someone you were going to divorce with to begin with, that is ultimately negative for you, your ex, and the children. As long as you are trying to make restitution with your children for that, then you are making the best out of a bad situation. My parents didn't actually divorce. I was adopted, but I cut off contact with my 'parents' voluntarily as I became older.