Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 10:52 AM
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
Looks like we got ourselves a little bigoted, snot-nosed teen, here.
(No offense to our other snot-nosed teens who we all know and love with our own little snot-nosed hearts. Heart )

FZU doesn't seem to know much about the world or reality. He or she doesn't seem able at this time to form an original thought or idea because of the daily spoon feedings of drivel, made exclusively for homeschool consumption. FZU has been so completely indoctrinated into this particular, insular world that reality must seem a complete jumbled mess.

Got news for you FZU... it is a complete jumbled mess. So tell us, with all your fantastical, magical, knowledge, statistics, and surely defiant self awareness, why can't you figure it all out, while most people can? Why doesn't it work for you?

Of all the things you've ranted on, which one are you... rather, which are you directly effected by? Are you gay? Are you a single parent? Are you divorced? Are you the child of gay parents, of a single parent, divorced parents? You made a statement, "walk into a project" ... have you ever actually done this?
(RE: the cultural reference would be the projects... wouldn't want anyone to think you are a teeny bit toooooo white.)
As stated previously, cite sources for these "statistics" you seem to enjoy referencing. Nut up or... you know.

I'm willing to not write you off as an ignorant childish fool, just yet. However, it's up to you to dig yourself out of the horrifically, anus deep nest you've made for your mind, if you wish to gleefully converse and play with others. Also, I don't know why you are all fucked up about gays or parenting or crime rates, or economics anyway because with that attitude, you will never get laid; nothing else matters much after that revelation.

You might want to toss the pretense to the wind FZU... it won't serve you or anyone very well. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like kim's post
13-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Are your parents still together FZU?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-12-2012, 10:53 AM
(13-12-2012 10:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your ignorance of biology is stunning.
It's not just an ignorance of biology.

No, but I'm doling it out in bite-size bits because he's so fucking ignorant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-12-2012, 10:55 AM
(13-12-2012 10:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And you are assuming that the child is aware of the difference between its biological mother and the woman raising it. Sources? How do you know these things?

I have a cousin who lost custody of her 2nd child the day she was born. She was fucking stoned when she gave birth and was unfit to be a parent. But by your logic, she should have retained custody and the man she had left should have been forced to go back to his drug addict of an ex-wife whom he was miserable with.

Great plan.
If you literally go from a sperm cell into a human inside a person, I think you know that person intimately enough.

I don't think that should be a scenario to begin with, first off smoking or taking any drugs while pregnant should be illegal. Full stop. Second of all, there should be financial incentive to be good parents, not the other way around such is the welfare state.
Wrong. Tons of adopted kids grow up never being told they're adopted. They truly believe their adopted parents are actually biological parents and are truly surprised if they find out later in life that it's not true.

As for taking chemicals while pregnant, I agree somewhat, but I'm not sure how to enforce that. I think education is more practical than legislation. But regardless, what does that have to do with gay marriage? You think gay parents are only adopting children who were born to women who stayed clean and sober during pregnancy? You think that gay couples who have surrogate mothers only choose clean and sober mothers? What does any of the pregnant woman's health habits have to do with gay marriage?

Nothing.

So why bring it up on this thread? Go start a thread about how sickening it is when expectant mothers damage the fetal development by using harmful substances while pregnant. Heck, you'll get much more support and way less backlash than you did on this crazy topic.

Secondly, there should be NO financial incentive to be good parents. Parenting is its own reward. I don't want your tax dollars for being a good parent and I damn sure don't want to pay you to be a good parent - money out of my pocket means I am less able to provide for my family, and when we're wondering how to pay bills and buy groceries, our suffering won't be mitigated by knowing that you are financially better off because of my higher taxes.

I do agree that welfare structures should not incentivize quantity over quality. That's the sanest thing you've said on this entire thread.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
13-12-2012, 11:02 AM
(13-12-2012 10:55 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  If you literally go from a sperm cell into a human inside a person, I think you know that person intimately enough.

I don't think that should be a scenario to begin with, first off smoking or taking any drugs while pregnant should be illegal. Full stop. Second of all, there should be financial incentive to be good parents, not the other way around such is the welfare state.
Wrong. Tons of adopted kids grow up never being told they're adopted. They truly believe their adopted parents are actually biological parents and are truly surprised if they find out later in life that it's not true.

As for taking chemicals while pregnant, I agree somewhat, but I'm not sure how to enforce that. I think education is more practical than legislation. But regardless, what does that have to do with gay marriage? You think gay parents are only adopting children who were born to women who stayed clean and sober during pregnancy? You think that gay couples who have surrogate mothers only choose clean and sober mothers? What does any of the pregnant woman's health habits have to do with gay marriage?

Nothing.

So why bring it up on this thread? Go start a thread about how sickening it is when expectant mothers damage the fetal development by using harmful substances while pregnant. Heck, you'll get much more support and way less backlash than you did on this crazy topic.

Secondly, there should be NO financial incentive to be good parents. Parenting is its own reward. I don't want your tax dollars for being a good parent and I damn sure don't want to pay you to be a good parent - money out of my pocket means I am less able to provide for my family, and when we're wondering how to pay bills and buy groceries, our suffering won't be mitigated by knowing that you are financially better off because of my higher taxes.

I do agree that welfare structures should not incentivize quantity over quality. That's the sanest thing you've said on this entire thread.
Not so much by the state, but there are free market ways to incentivize good parenting, it doesn't have to be something so brutal as 'you will be taxed less' - I am against taxes and state involvement in people's lives to begin with. Although as things are now, I would much prefer to see the government encouraging good and peaceful parenting.

Don't worry about that, most of your taxes go to paying off the debt, hardly any of it reaches front line services or actual productivity.
13-12-2012, 11:05 AM
We should probably start rounding up all orphans and enslaving them to rebuild our infrastructure. When they're worked to death, then we can start working on children from single parent homes.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 11:06 AM
(13-12-2012 11:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  We should probably start rounding up all orphans and enslaving them to rebuild our infrastructure. When they're worked to death, then we can start working on children from single parent homes.

An excellent proposal, Mr. Swift.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-12-2012, 11:08 AM
(13-12-2012 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 11:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  We should probably start rounding up all orphans and enslaving them to rebuild our infrastructure. When they're worked to death, then we can start working on children from single parent homes.

An excellent proposal, Mr. Swift.
[Image: we_eat_babies.png]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 11:12 AM
(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  The reason why Gay Marriage is even in question is because of the tax reductions on a legally married household. By prohibiting gay marriage you have less financial incentive for a gay couple to bring a child into the world, which is statistically harmful for the child's development.
That's quite a claim, I'd like to see some proof that isn't from a gay bashing organisation like the church.

(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Children want their mother and father, and no one else- they certainly do not want to be given over to some stranger. A child's right to the best possible emotional development is more important than 'gay rights'. If a baby is taken from the mother and given to strangers, the child will cry immediately, the child does not want to be given to strangers so that the false parents can be happy. Children are not pets, they are people with as much say in matters as you and I.

So what you are saying is that its better to leave children in the homes of their abusive family members where they will suffer abuse both sexual, physical and emotional, than put them through the trauma of being removed from that environment and raised in a safe and loving home?

(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I actually think Gay Marriage should be legal for equal taxes if breeding children unnaturally was illegal. Male and female personalities compliment each other greatly in nature and statistics have shown, when a family is divorced from it's natural state of mother and father, pathological issues in later life develop. Increased risk of crime rates, depression and violence come from non nuclear families and the earlier this happens in a child's life, the worse it is. So I invite you to campaign with me against those that wish to turn children into pets.

Not that I am against gays, who you are attracted to is none of my business or the state, but when you bring a child into the mix, then it becomes another matter, where the child's best interests must be put in question.
Being raised in a safe loving home is in the child's best interests. If a gay couple can provide that just as well as a straight couple why should the child be denied a home? By allowing gay couples to adopt you reduce the amount of children in care, and can give them as normal a life as possible.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
13-12-2012, 11:16 AM
(13-12-2012 11:12 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  The reason why Gay Marriage is even in question is because of the tax reductions on a legally married household. By prohibiting gay marriage you have less financial incentive for a gay couple to bring a child into the world, which is statistically harmful for the child's development.
That's quite a claim, I'd like to see some proof that isn't from a gay bashing organisation like the church.

(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Children want their mother and father, and no one else- they certainly do not want to be given over to some stranger. A child's right to the best possible emotional development is more important than 'gay rights'. If a baby is taken from the mother and given to strangers, the child will cry immediately, the child does not want to be given to strangers so that the false parents can be happy. Children are not pets, they are people with as much say in matters as you and I.

So what you are saying is that its better to leave children in the homes of their abusive family members where they will suffer abuse both sexual, physical and emotional, than put them through the trauma of being removed from that environment and raised in a safe and loving home?

(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I actually think Gay Marriage should be legal for equal taxes if breeding children unnaturally was illegal. Male and female personalities compliment each other greatly in nature and statistics have shown, when a family is divorced from it's natural state of mother and father, pathological issues in later life develop. Increased risk of crime rates, depression and violence come from non nuclear families and the earlier this happens in a child's life, the worse it is. So I invite you to campaign with me against those that wish to turn children into pets.

Not that I am against gays, who you are attracted to is none of my business or the state, but when you bring a child into the mix, then it becomes another matter, where the child's best interests must be put in question.
Being raised in a safe loving home is in the child's best interests. If a gay couple can provide that just as well as a straight couple why should the child be denied a home?
Yes they should if it is from a surrogate mother. Not if it's a case of adoption. Gay parents that are peaceful with children are of course infinitely better than a violent nuclear family. I think you have the wrong idea about me.