Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 11:31 AM
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
"You choose who you have a relationship with." No, you choose whom you have a legal relationship with. I was attracted to my wife via physical and chemical attributes out of my control.

And we are also back to the notion that only planned kids get to survive? Guess I and numerous friends of mine should be dead. I didn't ask to be born, but I certainly didn't ask for your opinion either.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2012, 11:32 AM
(13-12-2012 11:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "You choose who you have a relationship with." No, you choose whom you have a legal relationship with. I was attracted to my wife via physical and chemical attributes out of my control.

And we are also back to the notion that only planned kids get to survive? Guess I and numerous friends of mine should be dead. I didn't ask to be born, but I certainly didn't ask for your opinion either.
No, parents should have penalties for doing so, this will increase profitability from bad parents and discourage them for having kids.
13-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Right, that will do the trick. Hit them in the pocket books and no one will have kids that are unplanned again.

What the hell does this have to do with gay people again?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
13-12-2012, 11:34 AM
(13-12-2012 11:32 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 11:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "You choose who you have a relationship with." No, you choose whom you have a legal relationship with. I was attracted to my wife via physical and chemical attributes out of my control.

No, parents should have penalties for doing so, this will increase profitability from bad parents and discourage them for having kids.

Your statement makes no sense. What were you trying to say?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-12-2012, 11:39 AM
1. What would your reaction be if I made a law where you couldn't marry at all?
2. What would be your reaction if I made a law that made you feel persecuted for your sexual orientation?
3. What would be your reaction if I made a law that did not allow you to repeal my laws?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-12-2012, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 11:47 AM by kingschosen.)
Not reading all the responses, so sorry if any of this has already been said.

(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  The reason why Gay Marriage is even in question is because of the tax reductions on a legally married household.

No. It's a civil rights issue. All peoples are to be treated equality as mandated by our constitution. If any one person can get married, then all people should be able to get married. If any one person (legal resident, of course) can vote, then all people (legal resident) should be able to vote. It's pretty black and white... not much gray area here.

Quote:By prohibiting gay marriage you have less financial incentive for a gay couple to bring a child into the world, which is statistically harmful for the child's development.

Citation needed.

By your logic, you put gay couples on the same parallel as single mothers, divorced parents, and blended families. If you are going to deny children from gay couples based on potential mental harm to the children, then you must also make divorce upon couple with children illegal as well as marriage to anyone who already has children to prevent blended families.

Likewise, you must also make foster parents and adoption illegal.

Quote:Children want their mother and father, and no one else- they certainly do not want to be given over to some stranger.

Wrong. My children want to be with my parents and my wife's parents. They ask for that and long for that. My parents aren't my children's parents, and while they do see them a good bit, have a fairly limited time with them. My children's grandparents aren't strangers to them because they have developed a relationship with them.

Likewise, my son also asks to be friends parents of friends. These people have no kin to my son, but he has developed a relationship with them so they aren't strangers.

If my wife and I ever died, I would feel 100% comfortable with leaving my children with my parents and my wife's parents, and I wouldn't worry about their development since I know they would be raised with love, care, comfort, respect, and discipline.

This is the key to strong mental health. It doesn't have anything to do with the genitalia of the person teaching them.

Quote:A child's right to the best possible emotional development is more important than 'gay rights'. If a baby is taken from the mother and given to strangers, the child will cry immediately, the child does not want to be given to strangers so that the false parents can be happy. Children are not pets, they are people with as much say in matters as you and I.

So, you would rather jeopardize the child even further by having them live in a life of poverty which is more likely (than anything) to develop negative traits. If parents voluntarily give up their children it's because of 2 reasons: 1) they can't financially support a child or 2) they don't want the child.

In either case, the child is statistically better off with a person or persons that long to take care of the child. Just because you birth a child doesn't mean that you are automatically the best person for that child.

Quote:I actually think Gay Marriage should be legal for equal taxes if breeding children unnaturally was illegal. Male and female personalities compliment each other greatly in nature and statistics have shown, when a family is divorced from it's natural state of mother and father, pathological issues in later life develop. Increased risk of crime rates, depression and violence come from non nuclear families and the earlier this happens in a child's life, the worse it is. So I invite you to campaign with me against those that wish to turn children into pets.

Again, then make everything that removes children from a traditional marriage illegal. Likewise, parents in an loveless marriage have been shown to affect children and their mental and emotional state.

Consequently, a loving marriage has shown to grow children in regards to their mental and emotional states... regardless of the parent's genders. Brothers have successfully raised children... aunts... uncles... grandparents... etc. The common denominator is the love and care that the guardians show to the children... not the sex of the guardians.

Quote:Not that I am against gays, who you are attracted to is none of my business or the state, but when you bring a child into the mix, then it becomes another matter, where the child's best interests must be put in question.

And, this is exactly why we have programs such as foster care, adoption, and child protective services. Once again, the guardian's genitalia has no bearing on how well one can raise a child.

...and holy crap... why is the Christian the one having to defend gay marriage?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 10 users Like kingschosen's post
13-12-2012, 11:43 AM
(13-12-2012 11:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not reading all the responses, so sorry if any of this has already been said.

(13-12-2012 08:46 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  The reason why Gay Marriage is even in question is because of the tax reductions on a legally married household.

No. It's a civil rights issue. All peoples are to be treated equality as mandated by our constitution. If any one person can get married, then all people should be able to get married. If any one person (legal resident, of course) can vote, then all people (legal resident) should be able to vote. It's pretty black and white... not much gray area here.

Quote:By prohibiting gay marriage you have less financial incentive for a gay couple to bring a child into the world, which is statistically harmful for the child's development.

Citation needed.

By your logic, you put gay couples on the same parallel as single mothers, divorced parents, and blended families. If you are going to deny children from gay couples based on potential mental harm to the children, then you must also make divorce upon couple with children illegal as well as marriage to anyone who already has children to prevent blended families.

Likewise, you must also make foster parents and adoption illegal.

Quote:Children want their mother and father, and no one else- they certainly do not want to be given over to some stranger.

Wrong. My children want to be with my parents and my wife's parents. They ask for that and long for that. My parents aren't my children's parents, and while they do see them a good bit, have a fairly limited time with them. My children's grandparents aren't strangers to them because they have developed a relationship with them.

Likewise, my son also asks to be friends parents of friends. These people have no kin to my son, but he has developed a relationship with them so they aren't strangers.

If my wife and I ever died, I would feel 100% comfortable with leaving my children with my parents and my wife's parents, and I wouldn't worry about their development since I know they would be raised with love, care, comfort, respect, and discipline.

This is the key to strong mental health. It doesn't have anything to do with the genitalia of the person teaching them.

Quote:A child's right to the best possible emotional development is more important than 'gay rights'. If a baby is taken from the mother and given to strangers, the child will cry immediately, the child does not want to be given to strangers so that the false parents can be happy. Children are not pets, they are people with as much say in matters as you and I.

So, you would rather jeopardize the child even further by having them live in a life of poverty which is more likely (than anything) to develop negative traits. If parents voluntarily give up their children it's because of 2 reasons: 1) they can financially support a child or 2) they don't want the child.

In either case, the child is statistically better off with a person or persons that long to take care of the child. Just because you birth a child doesn't mean that you are automatically the best person for that child.

Quote:I actually think Gay Marriage should be legal for equal taxes if breeding children unnaturally was illegal. Male and female personalities compliment each other greatly in nature and statistics have shown, when a family is divorced from it's natural state of mother and father, pathological issues in later life develop. Increased risk of crime rates, depression and violence come from non nuclear families and the earlier this happens in a child's life, the worse it is. So I invite you to campaign with me against those that wish to turn children into pets.

Again, then make everything that removes children from a traditional marriage illegal. Likewise, parents in an loveless marriage have been shown to affect children and their mental and emotional state.

Consequently, a loving marriage has shown to grow children in regards to their mental and emotional states... regardless of the parent's genders. Brothers have successfully raised children... aunts... uncles... grandparents... etc. The common denominator is the love and care that the guardians show to the children... not the sex of the guardians.

Quote:Not that I am against gays, who you are attracted to is none of my business or the state, but when you bring a child into the mix, then it becomes another matter, where the child's best interests must be put in question.

And, this is exactly why we have programs such as foster care, adoption, and child protective services. Once again, the guardian's genitalia how no bearing on well one can raise a child.

...and holy crap... why is the Christian the one having to defend gay marriage?
You're not the only one. But glad you did! Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-12-2012, 11:44 AM
The compartmentalization is strong with this one.

Are you good at sowing? Because you seem to be inventing a lot of things from whole cloth.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
13-12-2012, 11:47 AM
(13-12-2012 11:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and holy crap... why is the Christian the one having to defend gay marriage?
I don't know, but you get a "Like" for doing so. Smile
13-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Did you guys notice that FZU_media has not provided any evidence or citations for his claims despite being asked to do so both in the very first response to his OP and in the following posts? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post