Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 09:21 AM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
Exactly how do gay people "bring a child into the world?" Almost always by adoption from heterosexual people who "bring a child into the world" that they don't want. That child is unwanted and unloved (more or less) until he or she finds a new home. A home that is provided by by any loving parents, gay or straight, is far better than a home without any loving parent at all.

Sure, occasionally a lesbian will get impregnated and give birth rather than adopt, and occasionally a gay man will impregnate a host mother rather than adopt. But since they're occasionally doing this anyway in all 50 states, including all the states where gay marriage is illegal, it doesn't seem like legalizing gay marriage will encourage gay people to "bring a child into the world" any more than they already are, which is rare enough.

Your whole claim is riddled with nonsense and made up statistics, but the notion that gay people "bring a child into the world" is the most ridiculous part of all.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
13-12-2012, 09:15 AM
(13-12-2012 09:10 AM)Vera Wrote:  Sources? What sources? He's our idiotbot, you sillies.
fix't

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 09:15 AM
(13-12-2012 09:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Liar
I have pictures.
Im glad you have, I couldnt believe your lack of gag reflex either Blush

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
13-12-2012, 09:18 AM
(13-12-2012 09:15 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I have pictures.
Im glad you have, I couldnt believe your lack of gag reflex either Blush
No, I do have a gag reflex, you just didn't reach that far back. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 09:21 AM
(13-12-2012 09:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:15 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im glad you have, I couldnt believe your lack of gag reflex either Blush
No, I do have a gag reflex, you just didn't reach that far back. Drinking Beverage
Yeah but... no but.... yeah but... it still hurts what you said in my rep Weeping

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
13-12-2012, 09:30 AM
(13-12-2012 09:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:15 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im glad you have, I couldnt believe your lack of gag reflex either Blush
nice..

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
13-12-2012, 09:30 AM
"No dude, I am totally okay with you being gay, I just don't want you to have the same rights as me, that's all."

A) Just because they are gay, doesn't mean the kid can't be biologically theirs. One of the parents can't be biologically related, but stepparents can do just fine.

B) Only straight couples should adopt? Let's go ask the kids in the orphanages and group homes if they would rather be there or with a loving couple.

C) Who the hell is advocating for turning people into pets? I don't think you have ever talked to a foster parent before. Also, I would say the Duggars are more in-line with the people = pet scenario.

D) You completely ignore those individuals raised by gay couples who advocate for gay rights.

E) Gay marriage does not necessarily mean gay parents.

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupid bigotry and prejudice, it BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evolve
[+] 7 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Also, a racist will never admit they are a racist. Same applies with bigots too.

Evolve
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 09:35 AM
(13-12-2012 09:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, a racist will never admit they are a racist. Same applies with bigots too.
But I'm not a racist or a bigot....
hey, wait a minute...tricksy Beardy. Censored

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 09:36 AM
There is far more to it than taxation. Spousal rights go to inheritance, medical decisions, and more.

You have a bigoted agenda and are blind to the facts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post