Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
(13-12-2012 09:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, a racist will never admit they are a racist. Same applies with bigots too.
I'm not a racist, I hate everyone equally.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
13-12-2012, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 09:50 AM by FZUMedia.)
(13-12-2012 09:14 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Exactly how do gay people "bring a child into the world?" Almost always by adoption from heterosexual people who "bring a child into the world" that they don't want. That child is unwanted and unloved (more or less) until he or she finds a new home. A home that is provided by by any loving parents, gay or straight, is far better than a home without any loving parent at all.

Sure, occasionally a lesbian will get impregnated and give birth rather than adopt, and occasionally a gay man will impregnate a host mother rather than adopt. But since they're occasionally doing this anyway in all 50 states, including all the states where gay marriage is illegal, it doesn't seem like legalizing gay marriage will encourage gay people to "bring a child into the world" any more than they already are, which is rare enough.

Your whole claim is riddled with nonsense and made up statistics, but the notion that gay people "bring a child into the world" is the most ridiculous part of all.
I think adoption for Gay couples is a great thing and should be encouraged, for all families to take part in adoption gives unwanted children a place to call home.

However, bringing unwanted children into this world through mother by proxy is morally wrong, since it is emotionally scarring for a child when the child did not even ask to be born in the first place. The number one commitment a parent makes, is that of making the child's life as positive as possible, giving the child a handicap of a non nuclear family is wrong. For the record, I also think there should be penalties for those that divorce with children- since the harmful mental effects a parental divorce has on a child is horrific.
13-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote: giving the child a handicap of a non nuclear family is wrong.

You know we don't live in the 50's right?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
13-12-2012, 09:52 AM
(13-12-2012 09:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:14 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Exactly how do gay people "bring a child into the world?" Almost always by adoption from heterosexual people who "bring a child into the world" that they don't want. That child is unwanted and unloved (more or less) until he or she finds a new home. A home that is provided by by any loving parents, gay or straight, is far better than a home without any loving parent at all.

Sure, occasionally a lesbian will get impregnated and give birth rather than adopt, and occasionally a gay man will impregnate a host mother rather than adopt. But since they're occasionally doing this anyway in all 50 states, including all the states where gay marriage is illegal, it doesn't seem like legalizing gay marriage will encourage gay people to "bring a child into the world" any more than they already are, which is rare enough.

Your whole claim is riddled with nonsense and made up statistics, but the notion that gay people "bring a child into the world" is the most ridiculous part of all.
I think adoption for Gay couples is a great thing and should be encouraged, for all families to take part in adoption gives unwanted children a place to call home.

However, bringing unwanted children into this world through mother by proxy is morally wrong, since it is emotionally scarring for a child when the child did not even ask to be born in the first place. The number one commitment a parent makes, is that of making the child's life as positive as possible, giving the child a handicap of a non nuclear family is wrong. For the record, I also think there should be penalties for those that divorce with children- since the harmful mental effects a parental divorce has on a child is horrific.
With that same logic, single parent families should be banned.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-12-2012, 09:53 AM
So no artificial insemination, no mother by proxy for straight couples, all unplanned pregnancies should be aborted. And all other kids that "didn't ask to be born" who are born to bad neighborhoods and in bad areas of the world should just be killed en masse too since they are just suffering.

Why don't you let the kid make the decision after they are old enough to if they like being alive or not?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
(13-12-2012 09:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  

Now you're making even less sense.

So, it's OK for two gay men to adopt a child. According to you that's "a great thing and should be encouraged". This child will have no biological ties to either gay parent, but will (hopefully) get a good home, better than his or her other options such as never being adopted and staying in the foster care system forever. I agree, by the way.

But the part that makes no sense is that you think it's not OK for those same two gay men to go knock up a woman to have a child that is, in fact, biologically related to at least one of his dads. Same two guys, same family, raising a child, hopefully a good home - exactly the same as if they had adopted. But in this case one of them is actually the biological father too. Somehow, that's wrong, but the adoption thing is OK?

Long, long, long before I would even think about trying to legislate against doing this (actually, I never would), I would first, by far, try to legislate against straight guys going around knocking up random women and producing unwanted children. I fully support the rights of any man, straight or gay, to bring a wanted child into the world, to love that child and provide him or her a good home. I would far rather see people stop producing unloved, unwanted children because they're too stupid or too lazy to use birth control. In this case, it's straight men who are 100% of the problem - gay men aren't accidentally reproducing.

Even if, somehow, your lame argument made any sense at all, gay marriage isn't the problem. Gay people right now, where gay marriage is illegal almost everywhere, are still doing this. They're meeting each other, falling in love, living together as a couple even if they can't get a marriage license, and some of them are adopting and some of them are biologically reproducing via surrogates. They're raising families, if they're so inclined, even without gay marriage. Legalizing their marriage isn't going to change this.

You really need to get a clue.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
(13-12-2012 09:52 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I think adoption for Gay couples is a great thing and should be encouraged, for all families to take part in adoption gives unwanted children a place to call home.

With that same logic, single parent families should be banned.
I think their should be a financial penalty on single parents through divorce, since it would discourage them for making bad decisions on who to have kids with, since they obviously don't care about the child's well being, there are more likely to respond to financial incentive to be good parents.
13-12-2012, 09:55 AM
(13-12-2012 09:53 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:52 AM)nach_in Wrote:  With that same logic, single parent families should be banned.
I think their should be a financial penalty on single parents through divorce, since it would discourage them for making bad decisions on who to have kids with, since they obviously don't care about the child's well being, there are more likely to respond to financial incentive to be good parents.
*facepalm*

You are so... there is no word for it.

You are wrong on so many levels.

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
13-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Right, because a kid living in a dysfunctional home with parents who don't want to be together is much better than them divorcing.

I was raised in a split household, as were most of my friends and I never thought of it as suffering or a problem. I would rather my parents be happy than miserable.

Why do you want the government telling people how to raise their kids or live their lives?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 09:59 AM
(13-12-2012 09:53 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:39 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I think adoption for Gay couples is a great thing and should be encouraged, for all families to take part in adoption gives unwanted children a place to call home.

Now you're making even less sense.

So, it's OK for two gay men to adopt a child. According to you that's "a great thing and should be encouraged". This child will have no biological ties to either gay parent, but will (hopefully) get a good home, better than his or her other options such as never being adopted and staying in the foster care system forever. I agree, by the way.

But the part that makes no sense is that you think it's not OK for those same two gay men to go knock up a woman to have a child that is, in fact, biologically related to at least one of his dads. Same two guys, same family, raising a child, hopefully a good home - exactly the same as if they had adopted. But in this case one of them is actually the biological father too. Somehow, that's wrong, but the adoption thing is OK?

Long, long, long before I would even think about trying to legislate against doing this (actually, I never would), I would first, by far, try to legislate against straight guys going around knocking up random women and producing unwanted children. I fully support the rights of any man, straight or gay, to bring a wanted child into the world, to love that child and provide him or her a good home. I would far rather see people stop producing unloved, unwanted children because they're too stupid or too lazy to use birth control. In this case, it's straight men who are 100% of the problem - gay men aren't accidentally reproducing.

Even if, somehow, your lame argument made any sense at all, gay marriage isn't the problem. Gay people right now, where gay marriage is illegal almost everywhere, are still doing this. They're meeting each other, falling in love, living together as a couple even if they can't get a marriage license, and some of them are adopting and some of them are biologically reproducing via surrogates. They're raising families, if they're so inclined, even without gay marriage. Legalizing their marriage isn't going to change this.

You really need to get a clue.
Yes I think so too, the welfare state is mostly responsible for all of these unqualified financially and mentally parents to have kids. If you go into projects, everyone has so many kids, but no money - the state encourages them to have children. Which is deeply disturbing. People should suffer and prosper according to the decisions they make.

In politics, you have to suggest, and influence, not to touch anything directly. Making it harder for gays to have surrogate mothers to have children is one step to reducing the number of gay parents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1 in 10 Deaths related to Alcohol, Marijuana still illegal Revenant77x 28 366 02-07-2014 09:07 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage? veitstoss 152 3,529 13-01-2014 07:26 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Gay marriage argument over xmas. Am I mad? PatThePoltergeist 24 739 01-01-2014 11:45 PM
Last Post: PatThePoltergeist
  Why is bestiality illegal? MisterMaggot 161 12,482 06-11-2013 11:02 PM
Last Post: Can_of_Beans
  Should chemical weapons be internationally illegal? I and I 7 510 12-09-2013 08:57 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  STOP Government Marriage!!! T.H. 60 1,673 17-07-2013 11:29 AM
Last Post: Koolay
  The Secular Case Against Gay Marriage: Is there one? TwoCultSurvivor 49 2,100 02-07-2013 03:20 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x