Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 10:18 AM
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
On the subject of surrogates, and don't hate me too much, but I'm not a huge fan (I'm talking of straight couples here, obviously). It just does tend to (often) smack of a bit of an obsession to have your own precious genes recreated and I've always believed that being a parent is not so much about giving birth, as it is about bringing a decent and emotionally healthy human being into the world. And to do this, I don't necessarily need this being to have my own irreplaceable genes. So I, personally, would rather adopt, than use a surrogate mother.

I also do think that it can be very hard on the surrogate mother.

This being said, I do understand that it is very important for a lot of people to have their very own children and it's none of my business how they go about it, nor would I want to impose my views on them.

And of course, none of the above applies to gay male couples, so it's not exactly pertinent, probably.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
14-12-2012, 10:48 AM
At first I thought your avatar was Alex from A Clockwork Orange.

Then I watched your viddy and realized that you ARE Alex from A Clockwork Orange.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2012, 10:53 AM
It takes a certain kind of person to participate in voluntary surrogacy.

I've read some studies containing follow up studies of surrogates. The most positive information comes from surrogates who already have their own family and take on surrogacy as a fulfilling "job". The physical and mental health aspect appears to be very strictly monitored as well as the legal rights of both the surrogate and the biological donors.

I think to be a surrogate would be pretty tough both physically and mentally, but it's not as if surrogacy is something new - it's been going on for thousands of years.

Personally, I'm wary of anyone so desperately needing to continue their genetic line... makes it seem as if love is conditional. The commitment to being a loving parent is certainly not conditional; a truly loving parent loves his or her little devil child, no matter where it comes from. Without that very notion, evolution would be pretty boring and as we well know, it's a wildcard crapshoot. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
14-12-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm willing to be a sperm donor.

Just sayin'

Natural conception only.

Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Why did this image just pop into my head?
[Image: scattering-seeds.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
15-12-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 10:43 PM by Atothetheist.)
The thread......

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-12-2012, 09:38 AM
[Image: RVs6N.gif]

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
16-12-2012, 01:00 AM
(13-12-2012 05:33 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 05:30 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'll neg rep you no problem. Thumbsup
I will always be disliked. to you guys, reputation is actually a commodity of some sort. I enjoy people disliking me.
Took you fucking long enough to neg rep me... But you're assuming I don't like you. How do you know that? Please, tell me how you know. After that I'll give you the reason why I neg repped you. From your comment in neg repping me, it's safe to say you don't like me. So be it.

[Image: 087.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
16-12-2012, 02:36 AM
(13-12-2012 09:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "No dude, I am totally okay with you being gay, I just don't want you to have the same rights as me, that's all."

A) Just because they are gay, doesn't mean the kid can't be biologically theirs. One of the parents can't be biologically related, but stepparents can do just fine.

B) Only straight couples should adopt? Let's go ask the kids in the orphanages and group homes if they would rather be there or with a loving couple.

C) Who the hell is advocating for turning people into pets? I don't think you have ever talked to a foster parent before. Also, I would say the Duggars are more in-line with the people = pet scenario.

D) You completely ignore those individuals raised by gay couples who advocate for gay rights.

E) Gay marriage does not necessarily mean gay parents.

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupid bigotry and prejudice, it BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, there is only one thing in the OP. I can see the potential for higher crime rates. As someone that was teased throughout the first 7 years of school, I can see the potential harm. If you are a child in school and you have 2 fathers, the others might tease you relentlessly. If one starts out in life being ridiculed by everyone, they are more likely to dehumanize others.
16-12-2012, 03:08 AM
(16-12-2012 02:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "No dude, I am totally okay with you being gay, I just don't want you to have the same rights as me, that's all."

A) Just because they are gay, doesn't mean the kid can't be biologically theirs. One of the parents can't be biologically related, but stepparents can do just fine.

B) Only straight couples should adopt? Let's go ask the kids in the orphanages and group homes if they would rather be there or with a loving couple.

C) Who the hell is advocating for turning people into pets? I don't think you have ever talked to a foster parent before. Also, I would say the Duggars are more in-line with the people = pet scenario.

D) You completely ignore those individuals raised by gay couples who advocate for gay rights.

E) Gay marriage does not necessarily mean gay parents.

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupid bigotry and prejudice, it BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, there is only one thing in the OP. I can see the potential for higher crime rates. As someone that was teased throughout the first 7 years of school, I can see the potential harm. If you are a child in school and you have 2 fathers, the others might tease you relentlessly. If one starts out in life being ridiculed by everyone, they are more likely to dehumanize others.
As homosexuality becomes more accepted within society, this will become a non-issue.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab