Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 03:14 AM
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
(16-12-2012 02:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "No dude, I am totally okay with you being gay, I just don't want you to have the same rights as me, that's all."

A) Just because they are gay, doesn't mean the kid can't be biologically theirs. One of the parents can't be biologically related, but stepparents can do just fine.

B) Only straight couples should adopt? Let's go ask the kids in the orphanages and group homes if they would rather be there or with a loving couple.

C) Who the hell is advocating for turning people into pets? I don't think you have ever talked to a foster parent before. Also, I would say the Duggars are more in-line with the people = pet scenario.

D) You completely ignore those individuals raised by gay couples who advocate for gay rights.

E) Gay marriage does not necessarily mean gay parents.

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupid bigotry and prejudice, it BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, there is only one thing in the OP. I can see the potential for higher crime rates. As someone that was teased throughout the first 7 years of school, I can see the potential harm. If you are a child in school and you have 2 fathers, the others might tease you relentlessly. If one starts out in life being ridiculed by everyone, they are more likely to dehumanize others.
People may get teased for a hundred reasons. So let's kill kids with defects, funny-looking kids, kids with funny names, etc.

And this is a problem of society being non-accepting and uneducated. The answer is not to vilify homosexuality (or any other part of society), but to educate.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
16-12-2012, 03:43 AM
RE: Why Gay Marriage Should be Illegal
(16-12-2012 02:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 09:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "No dude, I am totally okay with you being gay, I just don't want you to have the same rights as me, that's all."

A) Just because they are gay, doesn't mean the kid can't be biologically theirs. One of the parents can't be biologically related, but stepparents can do just fine.

B) Only straight couples should adopt? Let's go ask the kids in the orphanages and group homes if they would rather be there or with a loving couple.

C) Who the hell is advocating for turning people into pets? I don't think you have ever talked to a foster parent before. Also, I would say the Duggars are more in-line with the people = pet scenario.

D) You completely ignore those individuals raised by gay couples who advocate for gay rights.

E) Gay marriage does not necessarily mean gay parents.

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupid bigotry and prejudice, it BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, there is only one thing in the OP. I can see the potential for higher crime rates. As someone that was teased throughout the first 7 years of school, I can see the potential harm. If you are a child in school and you have 2 fathers, the others might tease you relentlessly. If one starts out in life being ridiculed by everyone, they are more likely to dehumanize others.
Considering the majority of babies gay couples actually have are wanted children (ie: you have a serious discussion before you adopt, or in case of a previous marriage you know what you're getting into) and very few are actually unplanned I would beg to differ that crime rates would be greater in children with gay parents, quite the opposite in fact.

They believe 50% of all babies are unplanned (doesn't mean unwanted however, but unplanned).
Unplanned babies are more likely to be unwanted babies and unwanted babies are more likely to be abused and neglected which is what causes criminal and psycho behavior (well, by causes I mean it's a leading factor there are a number of other causes and some people are just born fucked up).

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post