Why Genocide is an Atheist's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 10:26 AM by wazzel.)
RE: Why Genocide is an Atheist's Game
Genocide is what sick people in power do to get rid of people not like them. Through history there has been political, ethnic and religious justifications. Right now we have a huge religious one going on with ISIS. They are killing anyone not like them, using religion as justification. So sad.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 10:11 AM
(14-10-2014 05:51 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Prove that sin exists?

"All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death." - 1 John 5:17

Aw, you're using the Bible as part of a proof. How cute.

A better definition of sin would be "a transgression of a divine law". Now, given that definition, you're going to have to prove the Bible is the divine word of God and not just a book of Hebrew mythology.

Why should I take that book any more seriously than Greek mythology?

(13-10-2014 02:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are really asking me to prove that people err, or do ethical wrongs or moral wrongs, and I would question that I need to prove that to you. The Bible says you are lying if you say you don't do wrong somewhere/somehow/some when, and my experience of human nature agrees with that assessment.

I never said people didn't do bad things. Prove that those things are sins (see above).

(13-10-2014 02:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Prove that Jesus exists without sin? That is tantamount to saying "Prove the Earth exists without the Sun." It's moot. Jesus dies at the hands of sinners who were behaving sinfully. He died for sin. He died for you and for me and all The Q.

No, I meant that if sin exists, prove that Jesus didn't commit any sins.

You make a lot of assumptions about the world, primarily based on a book of Hebrew mythology, it seems.

Sorry, you are not understanding. A wrong thing, thought or action is a sin and vice versa. I'd be pleased to prove that doing a wrong thing is sinful against god, but first, we'd have to define right and wrong. I don't think we shall, that seems to be a slippery slope for materialists and ethical relativists.

For example, perhaps we could pick an historical figure like Pol Pot. I will refrain from saying he's a sinner. Will you agree he did evil things? Can we start there? How about wicked things? Wrong things? Murderous things? Can we define some common terms then move forward?

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Isn't a sin simply a crime committed against the rules defined by the context deity? I don't think that the deity's existence is really an issue when it comes to sin though as either way it is already defined. If someone is breaking the laws of a beholder's god then he is a sinner, but does that matter an ounce? Not really.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-10-2014, 10:26 AM
(08-10-2014 01:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I noticed NO ONE has yet commented on your own comment, "The driving factor was being a bastard, something every human being has in his genes." That we are all sinners except Jesus is what The Q is saying, eh? Sounds like you all agree via silence, then? Blush

No one commented as no one needs to comment on that crap. If Jesus existed, (and there is not a shred of evidence he did), and he was what is claimed about him, ("fully HUMAN" + "other nonsense"), then his genes are precisely the same as all the others. He got angry, and desecrated the temple with his anger, if the gospels have it right, (which is why he was executed ... for being a trouble maker and threatening the economic base of a city built entirely on the temple-economy).
Tell the Q to shove THAT up their collective ass. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-10-2014, 01:27 PM
(14-10-2014 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 01:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I noticed NO ONE has yet commented on your own comment, "The driving factor was being a bastard, something every human being has in his genes." That we are all sinners except Jesus is what The Q is saying, eh? Sounds like you all agree via silence, then? Blush

No one commented as no one needs to comment on that crap. If Jesus existed, (and there is not a shred of evidence he did), and he was what is claimed about him, ("fully HUMAN" + "other nonsense"), then his genes are precisely the same as all the others. He got angry, and desecrated the temple with his anger, if the gospels have it right, (which is why he was executed ... for being a trouble maker and threatening the economic base of a city built entirely on the temple-economy).
Tell the Q to shove THAT up their collective ass. Tongue

Actually, that is rather insightful and helpful. If you say Jesus's anger was inappropriate, that he lost his temper, you are also implying that losing one's temper is wrong. Why is it wrong? At least now we have common ground to talk about right and wrong, ethics and morals, and then sin can be discussed somewhere else down the line.

I think you also hit on a good point, since doesn't Caiaphas say it is more expedient to kill Jesus than to let his movement of followers undermine the system(s) in place? It's that his statement of letting one man die to save Israel is taken for irony in prophecy.

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user