Why God can not exist - logical arguments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: Why God can not exist - logical arguments
(21-06-2014 06:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 05:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Ring invitation to debate this.

Are you now open to debates again?

Or just picking and choosing the subjects which promote your agenda?

I am already engaged in two at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 07:34 AM
(20-06-2014 10:00 PM)Freethought Wrote:  
(20-06-2014 07:04 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  That bears no resemblance to the Kalam.

Please explain how rather than just stating something without backing it up.

The kalam cosmological argument is an exercise in positive apologetics aimed at proving that God exists. It is formulated as follows:

1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause.

2. The universe began to exist.

3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

Conceptual analysis of what it is to be the cause of the universe will recover several of the principal attributes of God, so that the cause takes on the character of a personal Creator of the universe.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/in-defens...z35HS4MYFy
21-06-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 01:07 PM by Freethought.)
(21-06-2014 07:34 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-06-2014 10:00 PM)Freethought Wrote:  Please explain how rather than just stating something without backing it up.

The kalam cosmological argument is an exercise in positive apologetics aimed at proving that God exists. It is formulated as follows:

2. The universe began to exist.

3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

Conceptual analysis of what it is to be the cause of the universe will recover several of the principal attributes of God, so that the cause takes on the character of a personal Creator of the universe.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/in-defens...z35HS4MYFy

As I originally posted, the several principles attributed to a god to explain the cosmos origin doesn't work. In fact, you're actually disproving the existence of an infinite god. I'll reiterate how this destroys the concept of god. If it is true (as the kalam asserts) that an actual infinity cannot exist in reality, (therefore there must have been a beginning), then god (if he is actually infinite) cannot exist in actuality. Think about it, god must have had a first thought. If the argument is right, then god also must have had a beginning because how could god have ever traversed the infinite series of his own previous thoughts to get to the point where he said "let there be light"? The answer you assert to get rid of the infinite regression of the universe in itself causes an infinite regression. Answering a mystery with another mystery does not work at all as you're just begging the question.

I read your source, (your response to me was merely a quotation in the source).

Read this: http://infidels.org/library/modern/dan_b...amity.html

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 7 users Like Freethought's post
21-06-2014, 02:19 PM
(21-06-2014 07:33 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 06:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Are you now open to debates again?

Or just picking and choosing the subjects which promote your agenda?

I am already engaged in two at the moment.

But hypothetically speaking, if you were going to debate with me, what would be your chosen subject?
21-06-2014, 02:23 PM
(21-06-2014 07:34 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-06-2014 10:00 PM)Freethought Wrote:  Please explain how rather than just stating something without backing it up.

Back up premise 1 please. Provide some empirical evidence in support of this premise and do not equivocate reorganisation of existing energy/matter with creation of new energy/matter.

Your previous attempts here in debate with myself and CJLR were resounding falures in which you turned tail and ran.
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
21-06-2014, 02:27 PM
(19-06-2014 02:12 AM)mlecyq Wrote:  Here are some arguments why God can not exist and why religion is nonsense:
1. God knows if you go to heaven or hell and you can't change it but still he gives you free will. Logically impossible.
2. God creates something out of nothing- equation 0+0 =1
3. God is immortal and he can commit suicide.

More examples, on my youtube video, link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-5M6lgCM8

It's a fool's errand. Logic is necessary, but not sufficient.
Many logical systems could be true, but are not.
Only evidence is sufficient.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2014, 02:28 PM
(21-06-2014 01:04 PM)Freethought Wrote:  If it is true (as the kalam asserts) that an actual infinity cannot exist in reality, (therefore there must have been a beginning), then god (if he is actually infinite) cannot exist in actuality. Think about it, god must have had a first thought. If the argument is right, then god also must have had a beginning because how could god have ever traversed the infinite series of his own previous thoughts to get to the point where he said "let there be light"?

And don't forget that if an actual infinite cannot exist then it doesn't just mean that an infinite regression can't exist, the same applies to infinite progression as well. Which therefore means that the ideas of Heaven and Hell can be dismissed.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
21-06-2014, 03:16 PM
1. Whatever begins to exist takes shape from existing material and or energy.
2. A change of environment will cause a change in the existing material and or energy.
3. The change we observe from one state to another is natural.

When a movie director creates a movie set with a rain scene and water hoses, he is replicating what he sees in nature.

Every item on that movie set, including the director are products of nature.

When you assume that a god is a director, then you are also saying the world around you is a fabrication that it is a replication of the world the director lives in.

In other words, you want to live in a movie designed world where you are given direction and lines to act out. You don't want to face the real world, because the real world is harsh and unkind and doesn't have a director. It's ok to be scared, but do you really want to be scared for your entire life ?

PS- I want this on a shirt - "You aren't living in a movie. There is no director. You aren't the movie star and no one is watching you all the time."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
21-06-2014, 03:47 PM
(21-06-2014 02:19 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 07:33 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am already engaged in two at the moment.

But hypothetically speaking, if you were going to debate with me, what would be your chosen subject?

I would allow you to submit a topic of your choosing for review and then say yea or suggest an amended topic for your review until we either agreed to debate on an agreed topic or agreed not to debate.
21-06-2014, 03:52 PM
[Image: excited.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post