Why God could exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Why God could exist?
Well this was a reply to a thread but i checked the last time someone posted and it was in 2010 so i decided why not make a thread of it. Someone posted that god doesn't exist and christanity is false blah blah. so i decided to post about.

I haven't read any of the previous previous posts but disagree what your trying to say here. The big thing that sticks out is that you made no reference to any other form or representation to any other religions concept of God. You spout your mouth off about Christianity and how it is so incorrect and how God isn't real. Yet you give me nothing else. OK I'll go with what you've said as absolute truth. There is no God. Its all a children's story. Well what do i do now? What is the meaning to all this. Life. Well someone like you could then say well life is for you to find your own meaning. Well what happens when i decide well hey I'm going to start molesting children because that's the meaning i see in all this. Then from what I've just said you would then say "Well you can be moral in this life without God." But then still i am at a loss. What is the meaning of all this? You could then say life is for you to find your own meaning. Well lets start somewhere so that i can give you an alternative opinion on the matter.

If you look into science which someone like you would then lets look into your eyesight.

"The eye is a spherical structure about an inch in diameter. It has a clear bulge on the front side, which is the cornea. The wall of the eye beyond the cornea consists of three tissue layers. The outermost layer is the sclera, a tough, protective coating that covers most of the outer surface of the eye that connects to the transparent cornea at the front of the eye. The middle layer is the choroid, a vascular layer that is continuous with the ciliary body and the iris on the front side of the eye. The inner layer is the retina, a light-sensitive tissue that lines the inside back wall of the eye." Basic the eye picks up light to allow you to see.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Microsoft Sans Serif]
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Microsoft Sans Serif]The eye is designed to see light. But we see color. Why?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Microsoft Sans Serif]
[/font]
"Because various substances called pigments absorb certain wavelengths of light and reflect others. What is reflected back to the eye appears as the color of the object." [font=Verdana, Arial, Microsoft Sans Serif]
[/font]

The thing is though objects dont have specific colors. We just see it that way. we see the highest wavelength of color in the object. So what can you imply from that?

Also lets look at what the eye can not see.
one in particular is ultra violet rays, x rays, other dimensions, time, space, the movement of particles in objects, sound, gravity, atomic particles, etc..

What i am getting at is this our eyes are only designed to see what they have evolved to see. We are missing a big bit of different visual sensations. Its like be partially blind. We are partially blind to the universe. So it is a bit egotistical to say that you've never seen God. Your comparing yourself to a being that can see lets just say half of the universes true shape. You cant. Maybe God has been there the entire time and you've just been blind. Maybe it would have been as simple as faith for you to have seen him.

Also lets look at a theory i was just reading about the other day. There is now a scientific belief that the brain does not produce consciousness. Sounds stupid HUH? If the brain does produce conscious like the theories we believe all the synapses and firings and what not then we would be no more then robotic creatures incapable of being conscious. There is an idea the organ that is the brain is a receiver, an antenna. It receives consciousness. Where though does it receive it from and then what is the nature and the physical makeup of consciousness. Could it be a soul and can this signal be tracked back to the SOURCE?/GOD? SURELY NOT NO ONE WAS ALIVE THEN. HAH just a little Eddie Izzard crack there.

I by the way am not a christian or any other form of religious group. I am what you could describe as spiritual person. I do not want to live in a life that has no GOD. My personal belief is one of skepticism but with theory. I believe that this is some kind of breeding ground for souls. Well if the consciousness which you could equally call a soul is more then just this physical body and realm then why is it here. What is the purpose of all this. Me, personally i believe this is some kind of breeding ground and growing experience for the soul. We are supposed to grow our soul in experience and in knowledge.Good and Bad experience. Preparing for the next stage of our existence. The universe is eternal and so are we.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2012, 10:33 AM
RE: Why God could exist?
Fine, but you have no evidence. All you have done is say you don't want to (can't? won't?) find meaning for your life from within yourself - it has to be external. You still fall into the infinite regress trap. If this is a breeding ground for souls (again, no proof of existence), what is its purpose? Where did it come from?

So you don't want to live in a universe with no god. That may be enough motivation for you to accept woo-woo ideas; doesn't work for me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
19-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Want to link the post you're referring to?

Also if you'd like to tell me what the point is With a god, feel free. Saying that there is a heaven and we have an afterlife and god made it all, in no way gives life validation or purpose.

Morality is such a baseless argument for god. Try again.

See I don't find god very likely, and while I don't rule out the possibility of a god existing I live as though that weren't the case. I don't molest children. You want to know the simple explanation as to why? Because as a child I wouldn't want to be molested. That and I have absolutely no sexual attraction to children.

If there is a god, good for it. The likelihood that it's one of the many gods humanity has written about over the years is highly unlikely. It could be an alien, matter of fact the likelihood that god was an alien is higher than god being the abrahamic god or Zeus for that matter.

The reason we have developed our eyesight the way we did is because that was the way we found we could survive. If seeing X-rays would have been more beneficial for our species we likely would have developed X-ray vision. Or having been unable to figure out how our species would just die out.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
19-04-2012, 10:41 AM
lolwut?

This is so random and sporadic.

Nothing you have said gives proof for God. Your science is skewed to make a certain point of view seem evident; however, it does not back your claim and is a bit of a red herring.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Trying to be as nice as possible when I say that your post is 100% rehashed creationist garbage.

I would also like you to study this picture:
[Image: your.png]

Sorry, I'm not a strict grammar Nazi, but this particular one bugs me to no end as it is far too common of one.

Your question and reply about the meaning of life is rather silly. If religion is all that stands between being a moral person and a child molester, you have mental problems. I am in no way using that term antagonistically. You GENUINELY have mental problems if a belief in God is all that keeps you from molesting children. You should get checked if this is the case as you are a ticking time-bomb. Don't feel that bad though as I will openly admit that I was a hardcore meth addict in my early 20's and I'm a ticking time-bomb as well (talking of relapse here). Obviously, you would be a danger to others if you blow up whereas I would only cause harm to myself (other than causing my family grief).

Personally, I find it rather sad that someone has to look to a deity to find meaning in their life. Even more sad is someone that bases their morals off what this God MIGHT have told someone before they wrote the book about it thousands of years ago. I find my own meaning in life. Sometimes I discover it through introspection and other times I find it through the people and the world around me. The meaning of my life is tentative. I'm perfectly happy with that. No deity needed. If you cannot find your own meaning, then frankly, that's your problem.

As for the eye only seeing a small section of light, you're absolutely correct. Still, you cannot posit that there might be a God in the non-visible sections. Well, you can but you can also equally posit an infinite amount of things like say a baby agouti jacking off to Minnie Mouse. Besides, doesn't the concept of God state that he/she/heshe is outside of space and time and the physical realm? Now you're trying to submit that God might be in the physical realm of the light spectrum albeit outside what's visible to us?

Now, for your consciousness of the brain schpeel... Where does this consciousness go in situations where the brain suffers trauma? Not even severe, I'm talking the types of trauma that alter the person's behavior. This actually doesn't take much. If the brain is not what produces consciousness, then where does it go in these situations? Is part of it there and some other part elsewhere? Is it just that our "antennas" are damaged so we receive a bad signal of our consciousness? And you call the synapse firing explanation "robotic"? How much more robotic does it get than comparing our brain to an antenna?????????

If we have a spirit, then the spirit is weaker than the physical brain. A damaged physical brain means a damaged person mentally. Therefore, your idea of the spirit is held prisoner by the ground beef in our heads. This makes the spirit weaker than the physical brain.

And I don't know what scientific articles you are reading, but the brain not producing consciousness is not the popular theory amongst scientists who study the human brain. Quite the opposite as they can now show exactly what parts of your brain light up when you have religious experiences. These can be reproduced for the most part (failed on Richard Dawkins... SHOCKING).

I have no problem with people being spiritual. You can be spiritual without believing in the supernatural. Now go meditate on that.
[+] 5 users Like NoahsFarce's post
19-04-2012, 11:14 AM
It's like every crank and nutjob with an internet connection feels the need to come and tell us why we're wrong... dude you're only the billionth guy to bring up the structure of the eye. Not a Christian, but still spiritual eh? Doesn't explain why you need to tell us your amazing truth which no one else has ever thought of before. I'm quite happy with my delusion that there is no God, I don't have to waste time on Sundays Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-04-2012, 12:39 PM
You cant talk out of the box with atheists. That reminds me of Christians
19-04-2012, 12:48 PM
(19-04-2012 12:39 PM)MyspaceMyself Wrote:  You cant talk out of the box with atheists. That reminds me of Christians
What do you mean "out of the box"?

Do you mean, like, "science"?

You do realize that science is objective and not subjective, right? You literally can't talk "out of the box" when it comes to science.

Your "broscience" isn't science. It's conjecture that's easily dismantled with real science.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-04-2012, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 12:52 PM by MyspaceMyself.)
Also you can prove that Christianity is wrong, but you can not prove that god doesn't exist. I think that's the only argument against christians you won't win. And if i not mistaken Einstein had a good view of God. Isnt he the science you so claim to help support your claim.. Here i copyed this from a site. My lowly mind compared to you atheist could only muster the ability to cut and paste. Im sorry

Einstein did not believe in a personal God. However, it is interesting how he arrived at that conclusion. In developing the theory of relativity, Einstein realized that the equations led to the conclusion that the universe had a beginning. He didn't like the idea of a beginning, because he thought one would have to conclude that the universe was created by God. So, he added a cosmological constant to the equation to attempt to get rid of the beginning. He said this was one of the worst mistakes of his life. Of course, the results of Edwin Hubble confirmed that the universe was expanding and had a beginning at some point in the past. So, Einstein became a deist - a believer in an impersonal creator God:
Quote:"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."4
However, it would also seem that Einstein was not an atheist, since he also complained about being put into that camp:
Quote:"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."5
"I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God."

I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God
19-04-2012, 12:53 PM
(19-04-2012 10:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Also if you'd like to tell me what the point is With a god, feel free. Saying that there is a heaven and we have an afterlife and god made it all, in no way gives life validation or purpose.

Yup. On the contrary, it diminishes it and trivializes everything I do. ... I don't need no help with that. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post