Why God could exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Why God could exist?
Well what about those who can control emotions or do not have them. Some people could murder a cat. Snap a neck and that person feels nothing.Emotions dont dictate morality. Im saying and absolute moral truth does not exist. there is no right or wrong. Right and wrong is defined by culture and society. thats all. Also evolution could determine morals in select groups. Take for instance the eskamos if i spelled it right. Back in the day the past if a child was born and they couldnt take care of it they would kill it. It was based on the harshness of there environment. And they would kill mroe often women cause women are born more often. Men they would hesitate on because that could be another strong hunter to provide for them. Along with killing injured, weak, and old. Also some bits of cannibalism. Morality isnt universal
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Dude... what exactly are you arguing?

It's like you're calling a dog a dog and the dog is saying, "Yeah, I'm a dog" and you say, "No, you're a dog!"

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-04-2012, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 01:26 PM by MyspaceMyself.)
just read up a bit on pantheism a bit. yeah i see some of it as possible. i believe some of the same things.
oh sorry i thought you were saying there was a universal truth. Damn yeah ok. You guys seen the tom cruise scientology video.
19-04-2012, 01:42 PM
(19-04-2012 01:24 PM)MyspaceMyself Wrote:  just read up a bit on pantheism a bit. yeah i see some of it as possible. i believe some of the same things.
oh sorry i thought you were saying there was a universal truth. Damn yeah ok. You guys seen the tom cruise scientology video.
Universal truth usually isn't something atheists put much stock into.

Still wondering the points you've been trying to make.

19-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Well the average atheist seems to be dead on about a god being this personal vengeful human emotion filled god. when it could be such a supreme being that we are not a concern. Also one thing in particular is that we only see a fraction of the universe so how are we going say there no god what so ever. Also i was wondering something the other day. Isnt our math based on units of 10. Isnt that because we have ten fingers. what if we were creatures that had 6 or 3 fingers on each hand what would our math look like then. would it be the same or would it work in intervals of 12 and 6. would that alter any conclusions on math.
19-04-2012, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 02:07 PM by kingschosen.)
(19-04-2012 01:48 PM)MyspaceMyself Wrote:  Well the average atheist seems to be dead on about a god being this personal vengeful human emotion filled god. when it could be such a supreme being that we are not a concern. Also one thing in particular is that we only see a fraction of the universe so how are we going say there no god what so ever. Also i was wondering something the other day. Isnt our math based on units of 10. Isnt that because we have ten fingers. what if we were creatures that had 6 or 3 fingers on each hand what would our math look like then. would it be the same or would it work in intervals of 12 and 6. would that alter any conclusions on math.
No, the average atheist doesn't believe a God exists.

They understand the Christian God as abhorrent because of their studying of the Bible. But, this is no different than them understanding that Zeus threw lightning bolts.

Also, the lack of belief based on lack of evidence doesn't provide proof of God. If God is indeed unconcerned with men, atheists are right in their belief that there is no God because understanding is relative to what they know.

If God knows that they exist but never proves it, they are correct to assume that He doesn't exist. It is the same way that ants are unaware of stars. Ants are not wrong to know that stars don't exist because of their relative knowledge; however, that doesn't mean that stars don't exist.

...you know.

Does anyone else find it strange that I'm the one responding for you guys?

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for standing up for us King, making a lot of good comments as always.

MySpace, I really do hope you've figured out that most atheists have very little of an image of god, since they don't consider it relative to anything.

The main objection from everyone was that your argument really wasn't anything new. Had you posted in the thread you felt was too old you would've had less of these arguments. We see new threads, we look to see something relevant especially a thread made to discuss a previous thread.

We as a forum look for concise and clear discussions with sources and a good understanding of the discussion. If you don't have a strength in everything just focus on what you're good at. I'm not overly talented in most of the fields discussed here, but I'm ingenuitive, verbose, and quick to catch on. Try not to attack the people discussing your thread that much, it hurts your argument a lot. If someone is attacking you leave them to be seen as bad examples to their own objections.

Something important to realize in this forums slang. God = YHWH, god = a deity of any sort. Sometimes the proof is really being pushed directly at Christianity. There is no one ready to give a lot of points deconstructing each idea of a deity that exists, but there are plenty who go after YHWH, the idea of him causes a lot of problems for many of the members here.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
19-04-2012, 02:23 PM
(19-04-2012 12:51 PM)MyspaceMyself Wrote:  Also you can prove that Christianity is wrong, but you can not prove that god doesn't exist. I think that's the only argument against christians you won't win. And if i not mistaken Einstein had a good view of God. Isnt he the science you so claim to help support your claim.. Here i copyed this from a site. My lowly mind compared to you atheist could only muster the ability to cut and paste. Im sorry

Einstein did not believe in a personal God. However, it is interesting how he arrived at that conclusion. In developing the theory of relativity, Einstein realized that the equations led to the conclusion that the universe had a beginning. He didn't like the idea of a beginning, because he thought one would have to conclude that the universe was created by God. So, he added a cosmological constant to the equation to attempt to get rid of the beginning. He said this was one of the worst mistakes of his life. Of course, the results of Edwin Hubble confirmed that the universe was expanding and had a beginning at some point in the past. So, Einstein became a deist - a believer in an impersonal creator God:
Quote:"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."4
However, it would also seem that Einstein was not an atheist, since he also complained about being put into that camp:
Quote:"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."5
"I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God."

I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God
Please for the love of the invisible baby panda, STOP BUTCHERING EINSTEIN!!! He introduced the cosmological constant because he wasn't happy with the fact that general relativity didn't allow for a static universe. Hubble soon after discovered that the universe was expanding thus making Einstein very upset with himself for not discovering this through his theory. Had nothing to do with a "beginning". He was upset that he was wrong. Here's the kicker, there is renewed interest in a cosmological constant.

Also, quit using Einstein and Michio Kaku to defend your view of God. They DO NOT believe in a God personal or non-personal. They use god as a metaphor and thus is Spinoza's God.

Furthermore, that letter from Einstein that you quoted shows that he did not want to be grouped with Atheists because of their fervor towards the subject. Many "Atheists" fall into this category like Sam Harris. Some of us, myself included, do not feel that term is necessary. Although if called that, we will respond as it does by definition explain our negative stance.

You are spiritual and trying to explain that there's some type of creator... FAR FROM WHAT EINSTEIN BELIEVED OR MICHI KAKU BELIEVES.

By the way, don't accuse me of not thinking out of the box when YOU DID NOT RESPOND TO MY REBUTTAL OF YOUR ORIGINAL POST. Do you not have anything to say about my post? I'll toot my own horn and say it's because you probably don't have anything to say against it.

Stop visiting the Answers From Genesis site broski.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
19-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote: Im saying and absolute moral truth does not exist. there is no right or wrong. Right and wrong is defined by culture and society

Humans are basically pack animals, they live in packs. Only a few go off and become hermits.

All packs have a social structure that serves the preservation of the pack.

That social structure is then what is "moral".

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-04-2012, 02:47 PM
(19-04-2012 01:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 01:15 PM)MyspaceMyself Wrote:  Well its possible we are God. Two ways if existence is God then we are made of it so we are God. Or if this was some kind of means at soul growth then its possible we are Gods specific children. The ones given consciousness. But of course speculation.
That's called pantheism.

Nope. Not pantheism, biocentrism. To be conscious is to be God. That's what it means to be elect, you Calvinist fool. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.