Why God could exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: Why God could exist?
(19-04-2012 02:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 01:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's called pantheism.

Nope. Not pantheism, biocentrism. Consciousness is God fool. Wink
No, that's pantheism. He is saying that we are all parts of God. He alluded to God before consciousness; not the other way around.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-04-2012, 02:54 PM

Myspace Myself,

I read your OP. It's good to see another theist onborad with some God-given courage. I'm not going to say too much, because I haven't read any of the responses yet, and I really don't want to derail this post. I'd rather just watch you in action. Kudos to you.
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2012, 03:03 PM
(19-04-2012 02:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 02:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nope. Not pantheism, biocentrism. Consciousness is God fool. Wink
No, that's pantheism. He is saying that we are all parts of God. He alluded to God before consciousness; not the other way around.

Whatever. There was no God before consciousness, brother. ... just sayin'. ...

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
19-04-2012, 03:04 PM
(19-04-2012 03:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 02:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, that's pantheism. He is saying that we are all parts of God. He alluded to God before consciousness; not the other way around.

Whatever. There was no God before consciousness, brother. ... just sayin'. ...
Back to my ant and star analogy.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-04-2012, 03:09 PM
(19-04-2012 03:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 03:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Whatever. There was no God before consciousness, brother. ... just sayin'. ...
Back to my ant and star analogy.

I think you might be misinterpreting your analogy by thinking there's some sort of metaphysical distinction between an ant and a star. If anything, the ant holds the high ground. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-04-2012, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 03:56 PM by houseofcantor.)
(19-04-2012 11:04 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Trying to be as nice as possible when I say that your post is 100% rehashed creationist garbage.

I would also like you to study this picture:
[Image: your.png]

I know, huh? Big Grin

Kidz. Post reads like some pre-teen angst. Doesn't even qualify for the teen stuff. Tongue
(19-04-2012 02:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, that's pantheism. He is saying that we are all parts of God. He alluded to God before consciousness; not the other way around.

Insanity by any other name... Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2012, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-04-2012 02:23 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  They use god as a metaphor and thus is Spinoza's God.

I don't admit Spinoza's God, but I do admit that it is harder to dismiss than others. Wink

(19-04-2012 11:04 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Personally, I find it rather sad that someone has to look to a deity to find meaning in their life. Even more sad is someone that bases their morals off what this God MIGHT have told someone before they wrote the book about it thousands of years ago. I find my own meaning in life. Sometimes I discover it through introspection and other times I find it through the people and the world around me. The meaning of my life is tentative. I'm perfectly happy with that. No deity needed. If you cannot find your own meaning, then frankly, that's your problem.

just ... fucking ... brilliant. Big Grin

19-04-2012, 04:02 PM
(19-04-2012 01:48 PM)MyspaceMyself Wrote:  Isnt our math based on units of 10. Isnt that because we have ten fingers.
[Image: 4706853733_6b06f9bff7_b.jpg]

Ah, no. And god so supreme as to see us as insignificant is conversely insignificant to us. Well, some of us, anyway. Those without temporal lobe epilepsy. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-04-2012, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 06:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Since you said "spout your mouth off", I 'll spout a little, while you turn your's off.

You also need to learn the difference between their, and there, and than, and then.

(19-04-2012 10:18 AM)MyspaceMyself Wrote:  I haven't read any of the previous previous posts but disagree what your trying to say here.

How in hell can you disagree with something if you haven't read it ?

MyspaceMyself Wrote:  The big thing that sticks out is that you made no reference to any other form or representation to any other religions concept of God.

First you don't know that, since you just said you didn't read anything they said. Second they HAVE. All gods are equally ridiculous. Name the god, we'll shoot her down.

MyspaceMyself Wrote:  You spout your mouth off about Christianity and how it is so incorrect and how God isn't real. Yet you give me nothing else.

Grow up. That's not our job. Get your own worldview. Waa waa waa. The universe is NOT here to serve you. Poor entitled baby.

MyspaceMyself Wrote:  What do i do now? What is the meaning to all this.

See the last response. That's your problem. The real question is, why are you asking THAT question ? Get it ?

MyspaceMyself Wrote:  What happens when i decide well hey I'm going to start molesting children because that's the meaning i see in all this.

What happens is, you're going to prison. So you're telling us you're a child molester. Get some help, please. The origins of morality is NOT religion or god. Take an Anthropology course.

Complex structures do NOT require "design". Super computer simulation and Chaos Theory have proven it arises spontaneously, and in about 40 generations, cells spontaneously become light sensitive. You really should consider some science courses. ALL your limited sensation/perception crap is blown away by the FACT that humans have developed the technology to DETECT shorter, and longer wavelengths that the human eye can see. Is your dog a god because he can hear higher sounds than you ? Is the xray machine a god because it CAN detect xrays. Please. The parts of reality that are detectable show NO evidence for a god. Science is open to other dimensions, and the unknown. Deism put all unknowns down to the "god of the gaps", which gets changed, everytime a new discovery is made. It's a very dangerous basket to put your eggs in.

The Cosmological constant has NOTHING to do with the the "beginning" Try a little physics

MyspaceMyself Wrote:  "There is an idea the organ that is the brain is a receiver, an antenna. It receives consciousness. Where though does it receive it from and then what is the nature and the physical makeup of consciousness. Could it be a soul and can this signal be tracked back to the SOURCE?/GOD? SURELY NOT NO ONE WAS ALIVE THEN.

So, the point is what ? There are countless crazy, unsupported theries. Are you saying there is some evidence for that ?

MyspaceMyself Wrote:  I do not want to live in a life that has no GOD.

That's the problem here. You have a priori decided you NEED a delusion. It's not about science, theology, philosophy, or anything else. It's about your NEED for the god delusion. THAT is psychological. THIS is all, and ONLY about psychology, and your NEED for a delusional being to "give meaning". You have obviously never examined that crap. There is not a shred of evidence for a soul. Do you know where that idea arose, .. when ? where ? why ? Take some time and learn something. There is NO evidence for ANY consiousness without a set of functioning brain cells, AND that consciousness is impeded when it is damaged, (stroke,trauma). What does that tell you ?

MyspaceMyself Wrote:The universe is eternal and so are we.

Nope. The universe began at the Big Bang, and will likely have an end. You will die. That's the end. Your saying something does not make it so.

The moon is made of green cheese. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-04-2012, 04:33 PM
(19-04-2012 04:02 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Ah, no. And god so supreme as to see us as insignificant is conversely insignificant to us. Well, some of us, anyway. Those without temporal lobe epilepsy. Tongue

Gotta be ready to roll with the corpus collosum, brother. It's got the ear of the limbic region. Wink