Why God is ONE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: Why God is ONE
(25-04-2017 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's a curious use of the principle of parsimony. More gods is more complicated than one god so there's only one god.

Any God who was all-powerful would have to be singular, or otherwise his power would be divided.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
25-04-2017, 05:37 PM
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here"s an argument for you amongst many but to me it"s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would"nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

You worship a god of simpletons so dense they couldn't even get dying straight? Facepalm

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
25-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Let’s ground that for our newbie.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
25-04-2017, 06:36 PM
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here"s an argument for you amongst many but to me it"s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would"nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That"s why God is One.

I don't see any argument here. Got any? I see a bunch of assertions, which by the way all rest on stolen concepts.

When I'm about to die, I won't turn to any gods because they aren't real. They are something that Human beings made up to comfort themselves with when they contemplate the fact that they will one day die. They are feel good wishful thinking.

And you've already got more negative rep points than posts. Impressive.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
25-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Why is god one....Sick fuck ?

I thought this was one of those fill in the blank things.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
25-04-2017, 09:02 PM

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That"s why God is One.

> "And they shall stand in despair before the white cliffs of the world, and shall chant from their empty tomes in vain, for their words are nothing! And Erú shall prevail against His enemies and they shall be cast into the Void, for their enchantments are naught and their gods are helpless before Him." (The Silmarillion, 17:82)

> Checkmate Christians! Thumbsup
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post
25-04-2017, 10:46 PM
One ring to rule them all...

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
25-04-2017, 11:04 PM
When I saw the title my brain automatically changed it to read "Why GOD is ONE BIG DICK"

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
25-04-2017, 11:05 PM
(25-04-2017 01:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  5..6..7..8..!

One......singular sensation
Every little step she takes.

One......thrilling combination
Every move that she makes......

One smile and suddenly nobody else...will...doooooooo.
You know you'll never be lonely with you... know.. whooooooo.

One of my guilty pleasures...I had this on VHS and have it now on DVD. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-04-2017, 11:48 PM
(25-04-2017 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's a curious use of the principle of parsimony. More gods is more complicated than one god so there's only one god. Well done.

Until the zeroeth god. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post