Why God is ONE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: Why God is ONE
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here"s an argument for you amongst many but to me it"s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would"nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That"s why God is One.

What was the question of heaven? Why will I turn to a god? How do you know this? How do you know how complicated and confusing it is to die? Have you died?

So god is god, and I'm not god. Why do you feel the need to say this? On an atheist site, where no one believes a god exists, let alone think themselves god? What is Martinizing, and why does it take one hour?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
26-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Whosebob = Borgy

#BanHammer time

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
26-04-2017, 07:12 AM
(26-04-2017 06:42 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  #BanHammer time

Wow! This place is like The Gong Show.

Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
26-04-2017, 07:42 AM
(26-04-2017 07:12 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 06:42 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  #BanHammer time

Wow! This place is like The Gong Show.

Hobo

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
26-04-2017, 01:20 PM
(25-04-2017 11:48 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's a curious use of the principle of parsimony. More gods is more complicated than one god so there's only one god. Well done.

Until the zeroeth god. Angel

They say you can't divide by it. They're full of shit. Maybe they can't but I sure as shit can.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-04-2017, 01:48 PM
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  The Answer to heaven is God's oneness.

?

Quote: But if you are still skeptical here"s an argument for you amongst many but to me it"s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many.

Wow you didn't even make it past the first premise of the argument before I completely disagreed. That's impressive.

Quote: God would"nt make it so complicated and confusing.

Because that would be silly... lol.

Quote: It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

?

Quote:What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That"s why God is One.

Ever heard of the term non-sequitur?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
[+] 1 user Likes Naielis's post
26-04-2017, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2017 04:17 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Is the parsimony where the parson lives ? Oh wait. That's the parsonage.
If it's a smallish one, it would be a parsimonious parsonage. That's precious.

Quote:It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That's why God is One.

You realize this god of yours, by your definition is subject to the laws of Reality.
You get why that's a problem ?

Ever hear of Euthyphro's Dilemma ? It applies here also, in a different way.

This guy isn't Borgy.
Borgy would have said "The God is The One" Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-04-2017, 03:35 PM
(26-04-2017 06:39 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  --- What is Martinizing, and why does it take one hour?

Seriously, dude?
Mysterious ways
Sheesh Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-04-2017, 03:36 PM
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here"s an argument for you amongst many but to me it"s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would"nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That"s why God is One.
My grandfather had one, but the wheels fell off.
26-04-2017, 04:17 PM
(26-04-2017 03:35 PM)kim Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 06:39 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  --- What is Martinizing, and why does it take one hour?

Seriously, dude?
Mysterious ways
Sheesh Dodgy

Something about dry cleaning ... but I dunno.
http://www.martinizing.com/
Confused

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.