Why God is ONE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2017, 01:40 PM
RE: Why God is ONE
Godfuckingfuckingdamnit! Undecided Who fucking banhammered WhooBob?

We were just getting to know each other. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2017, 02:59 PM
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.
So, what is the name of god?
Are we afraid to mention the name? Why be afraid to mention the name when we are dying, that seems to be complicated right there.

EDIT, Oh Just saw Kim's post after I posted this post. The ban hammer has been swung, WTF!
Damn, I was all exited and stuff with the prospekt of intellictual diskushun with whosebob.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
27-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Quote:Si? What happened to Ti? Did Julie Andrews lie to me?

Julie Andrews doesn't lie YOU just took it out of context. Tongue

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
27-04-2017, 06:32 PM
(26-04-2017 04:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 04:41 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Best gird your loins for a religious war, boss:
I think God is e.

You’re both wrong, god is the Golden Ratio.

Ah, a Pagan.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
27-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Why God is ONE
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here"s an argument for you amongst many but to me it"s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would"nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That"s why God is One.

Bob, not only is this word salad, but it is fact-free word salad. Your post is the cerebral equivalent of a rice cake and just as nutritious! Yum!
[+] 1 user Likes Rachel's post
28-04-2017, 09:15 PM
(25-04-2017 11:39 AM)whosebob Wrote:  The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here"s an argument for you amongst many but to me it"s the one that makes the most sense.
When i type something in all caps, i sometimes forget to release the shift key for the apostrophe. IT"S a common failing.
But, god, i cannot understand accidentally shifting for the " when i mean ' without any other reason to use the shift key...
Quote: When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would"nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.
Yeah.
Of course, soldiers dying on a battlefield about as likely to shout for their mommy as their god. I wouldn't really base a whole lot of my philosophy on this particular fear reaction.

But that's an interesting thought. So, say there was a pantheon of gods arranging the world. Good things and bad things, necessary things as provided by the various gods in their various offices. But when humans die, they call on the lawgiver or the creator or the fire-stealer or the healer, not the Judge.

I can't really see that this is a problem. Four times a DAY, i get a message that isn't about something i need to work on. I forward the phone call or the email to the person who takes care of that contract. And i'm not divine.

But, okay, maybe their afterlife disposition requires a firm and correct god-call at the time of death. Seems rather fucking selfish of the gods to set it up that way.
But then they decide to be generous and invent monotheism, so that mankind won't get confused?

When have you ever seen a bureaucracy reoganize itself for the benefit of the customers?

I mean, you're presenting monotheism as something God did on PURPOSE for MAN's benefit, which means he didn't start out as the mono-deity.

That's an impressive amount of rationalization without much thinking things through....
[+] 1 user Likes Missiletowe's post