Why God let crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 09:33 AM
RE: Why God let crime?
Why does god allow crime?

Answer: god doesn't exist and therefore doesn't allow or disallow anything. People commit crime because those people care more about themselves than than they care about other people or about society's laws - god has nothing to do with it because there is no god.

As for karma, that's just as nonsensical as god. Neither one exists. There is no magic in the world that will punish or reward you for your actions. There is no life before this one and there is no afterlife (not in the sense that you have a single spirit that moves from one body to the next body), so there is no way that you could have done something in a past life that magically influences things that happen to you in this life. Believing in karma is just as silly and meaningless as believing in god.

So maybe a question you should ask is why does karma allow crime?

If karma were a real thing, then criminals would have such bad karma that they would never commit crimes again. The rest of us would see all this bad karma making criminals so miserable and we would know, KNOW, that karma was punishing them for their crimes. This would motivate ALL HUMANS to avoid crime so that we could avoid that bad karma.

But, clearly, criminals are not punished by karma. Many criminals have very happy lives, committing their crimes and having no bad effects from their karma. Also, many good people who deserve happy karma have miserable lives.

So clearly karma doesn't punish the bad people and reward the good people.

And any silly notion that karma rewards or punishes people for previous lives (where's the proof? How do we know there even ARE previous lives?) is pointless to discuss for the very reason that WE CANNOT REMEMBER ANY PREVIOUS LIFE. What is the point of a magical karma that rewards or punishes people for things they cannot possibly remember doing in a previous life they cannot remember?

If THAT is true, then a good person in his last life earns good magical karma in this life, right? Then that previously good person can be a thief and rapist and murderer and his good karma from his last life can make sure that no bad things happen to him in this life, so he can commit these crimes and get away with them and live happily ever after, right?

If THAT is true, then what's the point of it? How does this make any sense at all? Especially since there is NO PROOF of any of it, no way to learn from it, no way to plan our lives because of it.

All that does for is is give us something to fear: don't be bad or you'll suffer in your next life.

And that is no better than what Jesus offers - be good and do the right things in this life so you can go to heaven in your next life.

Both are nonsense.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
21-05-2014, 09:56 AM
(21-05-2014 06:25 AM)flius Wrote:  Why God let crime in this world? He just handed heaven and hell?

God let crime because God doesn't punish crime or reward obeying the law. He rewards or punishes you based on whether or not you swear the proper oath of fealty.

Crime isn't factored into the equation.
21-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Why God let crime?
(21-05-2014 09:33 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Why does god allow crime?

Answer: god doesn't exist and therefore doesn't allow or disallow anything. People commit crime because those people care more about themselves than than they care about other people or about society's laws - god has nothing to do with it because there is no god.

As for karma, that's just as nonsensical as god. Neither one exists. There is no magic in the world that will punish or reward you for your actions. There is no life before this one and there is no afterlife (not in the sense that you have a single spirit that moves from one body to the next body), so there is no way that you could have done something in a past life that magically influences things that happen to you in this life. Believing in karma is just as silly and meaningless as believing in god.

If karma were a real thing, then criminals would have such bad karma that they would never commit crimes again. The rest of us would see all this bad karma making criminals so miserable and we would know, KNOW, that karma was punishing them for their crimes. This would motivate ALL HUMANS to avoid crime so that we could avoid that bad karma.

But, clearly, criminals are not punished by karma. Many criminals have very happy lives, committing their crimes and having no bad effects from their karma. Also, many good people who deserve happy karma have miserable lives.

And any silly notion that karma rewards or punishes people for previous lives (where's the proof? How do we know there even ARE previous lives?) is pointless to discuss for the very reason that WE CANNOT REMEMBER ANY PREVIOUS LIFE. What is the point of a magical karma that rewards or punishes people for things they cannot possibly remember doing in a previous life they cannot remember?

If THAT is true, then a good person in his last life earns good magical karma in this life, right? Then that previously good person can be a thief and rapist and murderer and his good karma from his last life can make sure that no bad things happen to him in this life, so he can commit these crimes and get away with them and live happily ever after, right?

If THAT is true, then what's the point of it? How does this make any sense at all? Especially since there is NO PROOF of any of it, no way to learn from it, no way to plan our lives because of it.

All that does for is is give us something to fear: don't be bad or you'll suffer in your next life.

And that is no better than what Jesus offers - be good and do the right things in this life so you can go to heaven in your next life.

Both are nonsense.

Hmm well noted that very good opinion. May I ask you?
What do you belief in life? What do you life for?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Why God let crime?
(21-05-2014 09:56 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:25 AM)flius Wrote:  Why God let crime in this world? He just handed heaven and hell?

God let crime because God doesn't punish crime or reward obeying the law. He rewards or punishes you based on whether or not you swear the proper oath of fealty.

Crime isn't factored into the equation.

People freely do anything?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Flius. I used to believe in reincarnation.

Then I realised. There is no such thing as a soul. We need a brain to think. If you are put under anaesthetic then you will not be conscious.

Even if you had the memories of someone who lived a long time ago it is not enough to think that you were that person. If we both witnessed a car crash we would have the same memory of that event but we would not be the same person.

The concept of reincarnation is flawed.
21-05-2014, 10:32 AM
(21-05-2014 08:15 AM)flius Wrote:  Should I mention my beliefs?
I am sorry, I can't.
But thank you for your share.

(21-05-2014 09:10 AM)flius Wrote:  I am just sharing here guys, I don't go for win something.

[Image: contradiction.jpg]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Germans are coming's post
21-05-2014, 10:33 AM
(21-05-2014 10:20 AM)flius Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 09:33 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Why does god allow crime?

Both are nonsense.

Hmm well noted that very good opinion. May I ask you?
What do you belief in life? What do you life for?

Sure.

I live for me. I have family and loved ones, and they bring me great joy. I like movies and video games and good books and those bring me joy. I work to earn an income that enables me to afford these things. I like to learn and grow personally, and I try to engage in activities that support my growth.

I also take great pride, which brings me joy, in the fact that I improve the lives of everyone around me at every chance I get. I take care of my family, spend quality time with my friends, share whatever knowledge and wisdom I've acquired, and generally try to leave everybody I meet better after having met me, even if that only means that I bring a smile to their face.

These things matter to me and I live for these things.

I only get this one life, so I live it in the way that brings me joy and spreads that joy to other people.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
21-05-2014, 10:38 AM
(21-05-2014 10:32 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 08:15 AM)flius Wrote:  Should I mention my beliefs?
I am sorry, I can't.
But thank you for your share.

FYI
[Image: 8edyz8y.jpg]

21-05-2014, 10:48 AM
(21-05-2014 10:25 AM)flius Wrote:  People freely do anything?

Well, does God punish crime? What is the reward and punishment system in Christianity based on? How do you get to heaven? How do you get to hell?

Where does crime fit into either of those?
21-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Is Flius using Google translate?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]