Why God let crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 09:24 AM
RE: Why God let crime?
(22-05-2014 09:15 AM)flius Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 05:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Shit happens, doesn't mean any gods exist.

[Image: keep-calm-because-god-doesn-t-exist-1.png]

Sure God is not exist.

But past lives do? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 09:27 AM
(22-05-2014 09:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 09:15 AM)flius Wrote:  Sure God is not exist.

But past lives do? Consider

So, what are we dealing with? A reincarnated Hindu whose first language is clearly not English? Or a poe?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
22-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm going with poo.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
22-05-2014, 09:40 AM
(22-05-2014 09:15 AM)flius Wrote:  With meditation you can see vision of your life before now but it is hard to achieve that stage.

Really?

Have you achieved this state? Have you seen a "vision of your past life"?

I can say this with absolute certainty: it is possible to achieve a mental state that lets you see "visions". I can, and I have, had "visions" of me flying like superman, "visions" of me battling clones with my light saber on Geonosis, and "visions" of me running for my life from dinosaurs
in Jurassic Park.

These "visions" were perfectly real. I believed them when they happened. All because of my mental state at the time.

Is it possible that your "visions" of your past life were anything like my "visions"?

I submit to you that both of us just had "visions" (dreams, fantasies) brought about by altered mind states that had absolutely NO bearing on reality. My "vision" of being a jedi knight was no more real than your "vision" of your past life.

And even if you don't believe me, I submit that you cannot, in any way, prove to anyone, even yourself, that your "vision" is more real than mine. You might believe it is, but if so, you're taking that belief purely on faith, without any proof, probably because you want it to be true.

Faith is no argument for reality.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
22-05-2014, 09:44 AM
(22-05-2014 09:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm going with poo.

[Image: apu3mh.png]

Sorry, first thing that came to mind. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-05-2014, 09:44 AM
(21-05-2014 06:25 AM)flius Wrote:  Why God let crime in this world? He just handed heaven and hell?

Haven't read the whole thread but "Why God let crime in this world?" Hell, the character of god in the bible IS a criminal. The original god-father. Laughat

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-05-2014, 09:45 AM
(21-05-2014 10:25 AM)flius Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 09:56 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  God let crime because God doesn't punish crime or reward obeying the law. He rewards or punishes you based on whether or not you swear the proper oath of fealty.

Crime isn't factored into the equation.

People freely do anything?

Christian apologetics, do it yourself to give allegiance oath on the road, and just before the number kuolemaansa.Rikosten not required, or does nothing if you can get to heaven.

(Google Translate: English > Spanish > German > Finnish > Greek > English)

Regular English:
According to Christian apologetics, they can do whatever so long as they swear the proper oath of fealty and repent before they die. The amount of crimes you do or don't commit have nothing to do with whether you get into heaven.
22-05-2014, 09:46 AM
(22-05-2014 09:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 09:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm going with poo.

[Image: apu3mh.png]

Sorry, first thing that came to mind. Tongue

I say the word poo and you immediately think about an Indian cartoon character...

Racist much?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-05-2014, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 12:51 PM by Compassion4Life.)
(21-05-2014 07:53 AM)flius Wrote:  I don't trust God, I believe in karma.

I believe in karma as well, but I don't believe that karma is some supernatural force that comes to punish somebody for some bad action that they committed. Bad things happen to good people all the time.

I do believe in karma as it was taught by Siddharta (The Buddha), which is that our actions affect not only our lives, but the lives of others (something that we often tend to forget). A child who is raised being in an abusive environment is far more likely to lack empathy for others, because they look at things as "Why should I feel empathy for other people? Nobody has ever done that for me!" This negativity may then end up being passed on to others due to the way they treat them.

When we take the time to help others in need, we can send good karma by doing so. By good karma, I mean that we can inspire people to help others when they see somebody else suffering. In the book "Razor Wire Dharma", a man who was imprisoned talks about how he became a Buddhist, and how his actions affected others around him. He mentions how he inspired a man of a racist group to walk away from that gang by offering him food because the man said he was hungry. Through actions like these we can encourage people to rid themselves of negative practices, and to become more sympathetic to others.

Live, Love, and Learn Smile
[+] 3 users Like Compassion4Life's post
22-05-2014, 01:30 PM
(22-05-2014 12:09 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 07:53 AM)flius Wrote:  I don't trust God, I believe in karma.

I believe in karma as well, but I don't believe that karma is some supernatural force that comes to punish somebody for some bad action that they committed. Bad things happen to good people all the time.

I do believe in karma as it was taught by Siddharta (The Buddha), which is that our actions affect not only our lives, but the lives of others (something that we often tend to forget). A child who is raised being in an abusive environment is far more likely to lack empathy for others, because they look at things as "Why should I feel empathy for other people? Nobody has ever done that for me!" This negativity may then end up being passed on to others due to the way they treat them.

When we take the time to help others in need, we can send good karma by doing so. By good karma, I mean that we can inspire people to help others when they see somebody else suffering. In the book "Razor Wire Dharma", a man who was imprisoned talks about how he became a Buddhist, and how his actions affected others around him. He mentions how he inspired a man of a racist group to walk away from that gang by offering him food because the man said he was hungry. Through actions like these we can encourage people to rid themselves of negative practices, and to become more sympathetic to others.

I like everything you say. People SHOULD behave as if this were true. And it often IS true.

But it's NOT karma; it's just psychology.

It's important to call it what it is and not give in to mystic labels that falsely impart supernatural attributes to this simple human psychology.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein