Why, God, why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Why, God, why?
If God loves Xtians, why did he put the oil under their enemies?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 06:45 AM by Gaest.)
RE: Why, God, why?
(10-12-2012 06:01 AM)Janus Wrote:  If God loves Xtians, why did he put the oil under their enemies?
There are/were huge reserves in Canada, the USA, South and Middle America, Russia, Norway, Denmark/Greenland...
Maybe he felt like they had to work for the rest of it?

Edit: Or maybe The European colonial period didn´t go according to plan?
10-12-2012, 07:17 PM
To give us a reason to love them?

I mean really, do you think we (in the US) would be pursuing good relationships with Saudi Arabia if it WASN'T for the oil?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Because deep-fried enemy is better than marinated enemy, or butter-fried enemy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop fucking it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-12-2012, 08:42 PM
(10-12-2012 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Because deep-fried enemy is better than marinated enemy, or butter-fried enemy.
Disagree. I personally prefer deep-fried, marinated enemy with melted butter sprinkled over it. Sleepy

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
(10-12-2012 08:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I personally prefer deep-fried, marinated enemy with melted butter sprinkled over it. Sleepy

You must be one of the fat ones.
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
(10-12-2012 06:40 AM)Gaest Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 06:01 AM)Janus Wrote:  If God loves Xtians, why did he put the oil under their enemies?
There are/were huge reserves in Canada, the USA, South and Middle America, Russia, Norway, Denmark/Greenland...
[...]maybe The European colonial period didn´t go according to plan?

Ah! So the sorcerer's apprentice is only showing the Europeans how it's done?
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
(10-12-2012 06:40 AM)Gaest Wrote:  
Maybe he felt like they had to work for the rest of it?
Wait, you mean bio degradation happened globally? Plant and animal life degenerated into fossil fuels everywhere, not just in one little corner of the world? Oh my, how did we not know this?

(I'm not picking on you - I'm picking on all the people, especially legislators, who insist that all fossil fuels should come from that corner of the world).

Maybe it's because god put oil everywhere (if by "god" we mean natural processes of bio degradation) but only the middle eastern countries are willing to scourge their homeland, lay waste to vast stretches of their countries, to build the necessary wells and refineries to extract it. Nothing stops the U.S. congress (for example) from allowing U.S. oil companies from drilling in Alaska, Texas, well, just about everywhere, so that we can obtain and refine our own fossil fuels right here in Christian America, other than that our voters prefer purple mountains and fruited plains from sea to shining sea, we don't want to pollute our green meadows with unsightly oil wells or pipelines. Our congressmen want to get elected and re-elected, so they continuously pass laws to restrict unsightly drilling to negligible amounts, far below what our economy requires. Thus we purchase from overseas.

So, it's just those heathen non-Christian cultures over there that encourages procuring and selling the only abundant natural resource they have. Heck, if they didn't do that, they would quite literally be dirt poor. Or telemarketers. We, elsewhere, won't stoop that low. Much.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
11-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Maybe this Christee god wanted humans to develop their fucking brains enough to use them, and start creating ways to access alternative energy sources, rather than just eating themselves out of house and home... or planet. Fucking moochers. Dodgy

Our self abuse and willful ignorance will be what expunges our species from this planet. I'm sure some religious asshole would even turn the demise of the species human into some kind of "prophesy".

We're like a virus that kills off all our host material and has no where else to go... and still we bitch. We will reap what we sow and if we don't at least try to stop our damage, we'll deserve it. Sorry. I'm in a mood. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
(11-12-2012 01:08 PM)kim Wrote:  Maybe this Christee god wanted humans to develop their fucking brains enough to use them, and start creating ways to access alternative energy sources, rather than just eating themselves out of house and home... or planet. Fucking moochers. Dodgy

Our self abuse and willful ignorance will be what expunges our species from this planet. I'm sure some religious asshole would even turn the demise of the species human into some kind of "prophesy".

We're like a virus that kills off all our host material and has no where else to go... and still we bitch. We will reap what we sow and if we don't at least try to stop our damage, we'll deserve it. Sorry. I'm in a mood. Drinking Beverage

Roll with the mood, it's working for you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post