Why Homosexuality is Wrong (a stupid theist's argument)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Why Homosexuality is Wrong (a stupid theist's argument)
Earlier I heard a mush-brained Christian make the following analogy as to why gay marriage is wrong:

Quote:When I get up in the morning, I put my feet on the floor. I do not attempt to stand on my head, since that is not the designed purpose for heads. They are good for many things; standing on them is not one.

Some people can stand on their heads. Some may enjoy it. But by no stretch of the imagination is doing a head-stand on equal-footing with standing on your feet. Any attempt to say they are basically the same thing has to be treated as absurd.

As a “foot walker” it does not seem controversial to me that there would be anything unusual about a man wanting to use his feet to go somewhere.

I may someday be unable to use my feet to travel. I still can use my head well enough to know that I won’t get anywhere if I’m upside down.

Yeah, cause that's the equivalent. Just some random people deciding to walk on their heads for no apparent reason. In fact, the very absurdity of that analogy should shed light on how obvious it is that this is not simply a decision by otherwise straight people to just wake up one day and randomly decide to commit the rest of their lives to having sex with a person of the same gender, whom they are not even attracted to, just because, for no apparent reason that's what they are going to do... cause the hate "God" I guess, and want to fuck with "him" by doing something they were not created by "God" to do, like walking on their heads...

Fucking stupid moronic Christian...

If you are a Christian reading this, please, at least don't be or say things this dumb...please...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
18-12-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Why Homosexuality is Wrong (a stupid theist's argument)
..... I still can't make up my mind whether this is better or worse than the "just take it on faith without thinking" crowd. Obviously SOME thought is happening here... of very low quality... in an effort to rationalize the bigotry... and maybe that's better than none.... but yeesh.
18-12-2013, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 11:20 PM by EvolutionKills.)
[Image: tumblr_m8hsgn6uPb1qa0uujo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: 1302_louis_cd_on_gay_marriage_700.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m3tfzum4gK1rvzyvqo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: 20111001-083139.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 13 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-12-2013, 01:31 AM
I'll be blunt here: Heterosexual men use their dicks to fuck women in the ass as well, so that analogy doesn't work on any level. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Vosur's post
19-12-2013, 02:09 AM
The analogy is this. Heterosexuality is better in the same way standing on your feet is better standing on your hands. It is really not that hard to understand what the Christian is saying.....and his analogy doesn't have anything to do with choice. That's just you adding things to his argument so you can knock it down.

A better analogy for the Christian to use would be this: Heterosexuality is better than homosexuality in the same way walking bipedal is better than walking quadra-pedal. There are people in the world who walk on all fours not because they choose too.

19-12-2013, 02:20 AM
(19-12-2013 02:09 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  .....and his analogy doesn't have anything to do with choice...

Then either it's a choice and whatever you just wrote is meaningless, or it's not because "God" made them that way and he's simply a "Headwalker" bigot. Either way he's either a moron or a moron, bigoted dick.

19-12-2013, 03:14 AM
(19-12-2013 02:09 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The analogy is this. Heterosexuality is better in the same way standing on your feet is better standing on your hands. It is really not that hard to understand what the Christian is saying.....and his analogy doesn't have anything to do with choice. That's just you adding things to his argument so you can knock it down.

A better analogy for the Christian to use would be this: Heterosexuality is better than homosexuality in the same way walking bipedal is better than walking quadra-pedal. There are people in the world who walk on all fours not because they choose too.

[Image: youre-fucking-retarded.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-12-2013, 03:26 AM
(19-12-2013 02:20 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Then either it's a choice and whatever you just wrote is meaningless, or it's not because "God" made them that way and he's simply a "Headwalker" bigot. Either way he's either a moron or a moron, bigoted dick.

There you go again...adding content to what the Christian said so you can then knock it down. In your quote of the Christian, never once does the Christian mention choice or that God made the headwalker that way. That is you now saying those things then claiming the Christian is bigot for saying those things. Do you see how underhanded that is? Its like me claiming you said black people are inferior and therefore you are a black people hating bigot. You never said that and it would be wrong for me to attack you for saying that.

Now lets actually discuss what the Christian said. The Christian said heterosexuality wasn't equivalent to homosexuality. He used an analogy to drive home his point. Think about what he said for a minute from an atheistic perspective. Why should it be that nature...which has no mind of its own.....just by random happenstance create equivalent orientations? Nature has no sense of fairness and we shouldn't expect it to be fair.

Any fairness or equivalence given to sexual orientations is not a product of nature but rather something manufactured by the will of humanity.
19-12-2013, 03:35 AM
(19-12-2013 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ... never once does the Christian mention choice or that God made the headwalker that way. ...

I didn't read a word passed this, because the rest wont matter until we clear this up, and to be fair the rest of what you wrote is probably batshit insane anyway.

If not either of these two options (born that way, or not born that way) then what is the third option?

19-12-2013, 03:51 AM
(19-12-2013 03:35 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ... never once does the Christian mention choice or that God made the headwalker that way. ...

I didn't read a word passed this, because the rest wont matter until we clear this up, and to be fair the rest of what you wrote is probably batshit insane anyway.

If not either of these two options (born that way, or not born that way) then what is the third option?

The only sensible option is to discuss what the Christian actually said and critique that. It is silly to pretend he said something and then bash him for saying it(which is exactly what you are doing).