Why Homosexuality is Wrong (a stupid theist's argument)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Why Homosexuality is Wrong (a stupid theist's argument)
(19-12-2013 01:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  We are not talking about a non-falsifiable belief. The belief we are talking about is the non equivalence of sexual orientation.

That's actually not what you said:

(19-12-2013 12:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Really you should accept the Christian's view that heterosexuality and homosexuality are not equivalent and then just ask the question, "so what?".

So, yeah, that is what you're talking about. As soon as you take the Abrahamic view out of the picture, you're left with nothing to make them nonequivalent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:When I get up in the morning, I put my feet on the floor. I do not attempt to stand on my head, since that is not the designed purpose for heads. They are good for many things; standing on them is not one.

Some people can stand on their heads. Some may enjoy it. But by no stretch of the imagination is doing a head-stand on equal-footing with standing on your feet. Any attempt to say they are basically the same thing has to be treated as absurd.

As a “foot walker” it does not seem controversial to me that there would be anything unusual about a man wanting to use his feet to go somewhere.

I may someday be unable to use my feet to travel. I still can use my head well enough to know that I won’t get anywhere if I’m upside down.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  tumblr_m2b1drac5V1qjtq3eo1_400.jpg (Size: 34.34 KB / Downloads: 27)

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
19-12-2013, 02:14 PM
(19-12-2013 01:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, yeah, that is what you're talking about. As soon as you take the Abrahamic view out of the picture, you're left with nothing to make them nonequivalent.

As soon as you take your social indoctrination out of the picture, you're left with nothing to make them equivalent.
19-12-2013, 02:26 PM
(19-12-2013 02:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 01:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, yeah, that is what you're talking about. As soon as you take the Abrahamic view out of the picture, you're left with nothing to make them nonequivalent.

As soon as you take your social indoctrination out of the picture, you're left with nothing to make them equivalent.

What this is I don't even

Until you put biased indoctrination in there, there's no reason to treat them as nonequivalent.
19-12-2013, 02:31 PM
(19-12-2013 02:26 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What this is I don't even

Until you put biased indoctrination in there, there's no reason to treat them as nonequivalent.

Aside from your social indoctrination, there is no reason what so ever to think that heterosexual orientation and homosexual orientation are equal.
19-12-2013, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2013 02:38 PM by natachan.)
Aside from social indoctrination there is no reason to believe anyone or any view different from you is equivalent. Xenophobia is perfectly natural, that doesn't make it any less disgusting.
19-12-2013, 02:36 PM
(19-12-2013 02:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 02:26 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What this is I don't even

Aside from your social indoctrination, there is no reason what so ever to think that heterosexual orientation and homosexual orientation are equal.

You still have not established ON WHAT SCALE you are measuring "equivalence". Your assertions with no references are bullshit unsupported assertions. Nothing more.
Sexuality is not black and white, old man. Human sexuality exists on a vast continuum, over a range, which can be described by the Bell distribution. "Equivalence" in that context is complete meaningless crap. If something has more value than something else, it's totally dependent on the person doing the valuing. Nothing intrinsically has more value than anything else.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-12-2013, 02:47 PM
(19-12-2013 02:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 02:26 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 02:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  As soon as you take your social indoctrination out of the picture, you're left with nothing to make them equivalent.

What this is I don't even

I see what you did there. Rolleyes

Just say it a few more times, and we'll all believe it. Honest! That's how debating among grown-ups works!
19-12-2013, 03:36 PM
(19-12-2013 10:03 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 05:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I doubt anyone chooses their orientation.
(19-12-2013 05:29 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Okay...so...if they don't choose it, then do you believe that is how they are born?
(19-12-2013 05:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have been around quite a few newborns....none of them displayed any kind of sexual orientation.

Finally! It’s like pulling teeth with you.
Okay, so in your opinion, they don't choose it, and they aren't born that way. So if they aren't born gay, and they also aren't born non-gay but then decide to be that way...what is the third option?

Not born that way, and it's not a choice, so what's left then? Why are people gay if it's not for either of these two reasons?

You keep claiming I'm erecting strawmen, though I'm not. Here is ample opportunity for you to simply answer the question. No strawmen, no words in your mouth, no “adding content to what the Christian said so [I] can then knock it down" as you erroneously claim I've done. Just your words.

If not born gay, and if not a choice to be gay, then what is the third option that explains why they are gay?

Answer the question already.

19-12-2013, 04:02 PM
(19-12-2013 03:36 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Answer the question already.

Pure speculation on my part so don't ask me substantiate this. I'm only saying it because you continue to hound me on it.

I think the cause of homosexuality is epigenetic.