Why I Am No Longer A Creationist/Christian (Youtube Video Series)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Why I Am No Longer A Creationist/Christian (Youtube Video Series)
In a search, I see the phrase "Why I Am No Longer A Christian" has a few hits. Though it bears reintroducing. This is a series whose quality really is superb. If you haven't seen it yet, you owe it to yourself to check out at least the first three of the series (to get a sense of the tone, style, and direction).

Well, I've discovered another one. Whenever I went to type the aforementioned series into my youtube search bar, the next autosuggestion on the list was "Why I Am No Longer A Creationist." Curiosity struck. And it was good. It's another (even more recent) series, loaded with salient satirical internet joke/memes about religion as background fodder. So the tone/approach isn't quite as congenial. But in terms of being thorough and well researched, it is every bit the part. And this video goes into great detail to demonstrate the obviousness of evolution and ridiculousness of creationism. Seems like another excellent tool to have at one's disposal against those stubborn believers who don't want to put forth the effort in researching the truth themselves.

Without further ado:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL92BF52C02E33F4CA

Religious but open minded about the arguments of atheists? You may have spent your whole life learning about the arguments for religion. May I present to you 10 segmented hours for the case against it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Golbez's post
24-06-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: Why I Am No Longer A Creationist/Christian (Youtube Video Series)
These are excellent. Thanks for the link, can we get these added to the main resource thread? Great findSmile

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes AtheistTeacher's post
25-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Glad you liked 'em.

I see that 3videnc3 (the "Christian" series) is listed under the youtube section. Atheistcoffee ("creation") is missing though. I agree he'd make a great addition.

Religious but open minded about the arguments of atheists? You may have spent your whole life learning about the arguments for religion. May I present to you 10 segmented hours for the case against it?
26-06-2013, 06:48 AM
I've stumbled upon this video series a while ago and I also must say he did an awesome job. For me, the interesting part was his christian past, as it helped me to understand the psychology of (his) belief.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
26-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Sounds like you're speaking of the Christian video. I can't agree enough. I was floored how well presented and articulated that series is. I hope he continues it.

But I get the sense you glazed over the other video series, "Why I Am No Longer A Creationist." That one's definitely worth checking out as well. It's such a clear presentation of the facts of evolution. It really has to make the deniers squirm to watch it.

03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
(23-06-2013 04:15 PM)Golbez Wrote:  In a search, I see the phrase "Why I Am No Longer A Christian" has a few hits. Though it bears reintroducing. This is a series whose quality really is superb. If you haven't seen it yet, you owe it to yourself to check out at least the first three of the series (to get a sense of the tone, style, and direction).

Well, I've discovered another one. Whenever I went to type the aforementioned series into my youtube search bar, the next autosuggestion on the list was "Why I Am No Longer A Creationist." Curiosity struck. And it was good. It's another (even more recent) series, loaded with salient satirical internet joke/memes about religion as background fodder. So the tone/approach isn't quite as congenial. But in terms of being thorough and well researched, it is every bit the part. And this video goes into great detail to demonstrate the obviousness of evolution and ridiculousness of creationism. Seems like another excellent tool to have at one's disposal against those stubborn believers who don't want to put forth the effort in researching the truth themselves.

Without further ado:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL92BF52C02E33F4CA

Thanks for posting this! Evid3nc3's deconversion story has helped me articulate my own tale better, and I've put some of the books he mentions on my reading list. Good stuff! Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post