Why I Believe

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
21-05-2017, 02:25 PM
RE: Why I Believe
(21-05-2017 04:12 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 03:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  SeaJay in order to feel pain you require a functioning nervous system, that ends at death so there is no need to fear a fiery torment.
True. But the Christian belief is that people are resurrected and then judged worthy of either heaven or hell. This is how we would feel pain because we'd have our bodies back after the resurrection.

> Some bodies, regardless of how they're interred, are completely disintegrated within a decade after death. Just think of the incredible logistics involved in restoring everyone's bodies. You might as well believe in the stuff you read in THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER. Resurrections indeed! Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2017 09:52 PM by Angra Mainyu.)
Fear is not a motivational tool, it's an excuse. Being afraid of God is the most asinine thing I've ever heard, it's like being afraid of your own shadow. If you're going to be afraid of God, you might as well not believe in anything at all.
21-05-2017, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2017 10:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-05-2017 09:46 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Fear is not a motivational tool, it's an excuse. Being afraid of God is the most asinine thing I've ever heard, it's like being afraid of your own shadow. If you're going to be afraid of God, you might as well not believe in anything at all.

So I guess one best not believe in anything at all, then.
Billions of Jebus people are brought up to fear hell.
It sure as hell IS a motivational tool.
You know how many people come here, saying they fear hell ?
Who are you trying to kid ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2017, 10:16 PM
So I guess one best not believe in anything at all, then.
Billions of Jebus people are brought up to fear hell.
It sure as hell IS a motivational tool.
You know how many people come here, saying they fear hell ?
Who are you trying to kid ?
[/quote]

Who are YOU trying to kid? I don't believe in being afraid of a higher power, that's just stupid. What kind of life is that?
[+] 1 user Likes Angra Mainyu's post
21-05-2017, 10:35 PM
(21-05-2017 10:16 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Who are YOU trying to kid? I don't believe in being afraid of a higher power, that's just stupid. What kind of life is that?

What difference does it make what you believe in ?
We know how religion is used to motivate people using fear.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-05-2017, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 01:26 AM by Angra Mainyu.)
What difference does it make what you believe in ?
We know how religion is used to motivate people using fear.
[/quote]

Let me just say it.......I want to fear a higher power. That's what I want. I know it's perverted and wrong but I really do want to fear a higher power. I'm my own worst enemy.
22-05-2017, 01:17 AM
(22-05-2017 12:59 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Let me just say it.......I want to fear a higher power. That's what I want. I know it's perverted and wrong but I really do want to fear a higher power.

Fuck off, you pointless troll. Go whine about your higher power somewhere else.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-05-2017, 01:24 AM
Fuck off, you pointless troll. Go whine about your higher power somewhere else.
[/quote]

Welcome to the forums I guess.
22-05-2017, 02:03 AM
(22-05-2017 01:24 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Welcome to the forums I guess.

This thread has a specific topic. You are shitposting in the thread. Nothing you've said is a meaningful contribution to the discussion. Learn some fucking manners, and start your own thread if you want to talk about your particular higher power.

Your username seems to derive from Zoroastrianism, so if you are a follower of the prophet, a thread about your particular beliefs may be of interest. But for fuck's sake stop fucking up an already-going discussion, or say something useful.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-05-2017, 02:48 AM
(22-05-2017 12:59 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Let me just say it.......I want to fear a higher power. That's what I want. I know it's perverted and wrong but I really do want to fear a higher power. I'm my own worst enemy.

That's just...genuinely baffling. Like wanting to believe there is a creator, is fine but wanting to FEAR a higher power?

Are you also into submissive sex stuff or something? Gasp

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post