Why I Believe

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
11-04-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: Why I Believe
(11-04-2017 11:22 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  ---
---I sometimes think have I been decoupling from Christianity for the last seven or eight years and that's why I've been having all sorts of messed up emotions and thoughts during that period of time.
---

It takes time ... intense emotions most likely run the show. Of course, christianity has been the greatest show on earth for the past 2000 years! So yes, no doubt you are struggling with confusing and uncontrollable thoughts.

Many here have reported several years of back and forth during their deconversions. I think it's ok with a good support system and this is probably a good place for it.

More and more you will find yourself simply taking command of your own thoughts. Emotions will settle to a more manageable intensity. You'll get the hang of it.

You won't always be handled with comfortable, non theist gloves outside of this place. Quite frankly, you'll get a few here who will test you, as well. I think it is necessary to have an honest experience, whatever that might entail.

So SeaJay, you got 2000 years of bogus and junk thoughts to dump off your shoulders. I'll bet that's gonna feel good. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
11-04-2017, 01:09 PM
(11-04-2017 01:02 PM)kim Wrote:  It takes time ... intense emotions most likely run the show. Of course, christianity has been the greatest show on earth for the past 2000 years! So yes, no doubt you are struggling with confusing and uncontrollable thoughts.

I don't like quoting myself (like that ego-monster Dawkins), like something I've said is so damn great, but I really like to call Xtianity "the greatest guilt-trip ever laid" And for this - among so many other things - I despise it with every fibre of my being.

Quote:So SeaJay, you got 2000 years of bogus and junk thoughts to dump off your shoulders. I'll bet that's gonna feel good. Wink

It would feel amazing!

So, SeaJay, when are we finally ditching that temple? Wink

"I'M FREE- I'm free,
And freedom tastes of reality,
I'm free-I'm free,
AN' I'm waiting for you to follow me.

If I told you what it takes
to reach the highest high,
You'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple'
But you've been told many times before
Messiahs pointed to the door
And no one had the guts to leave the temple!

I'm free-I'm free
And freedom tastes of reality
I'm free-I'm free
And I'm waiting for you to follow me."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
11-04-2017, 01:12 PM
(11-04-2017 12:50 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Who do you fear more me or some deadbeat bumped off by his own dad?

Fixt.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
11-04-2017, 01:16 PM
(11-04-2017 01:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  I don't like quoting myself (like that ego-monster Dawkins)

Richard Dawkins? Or another Dawkins?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
11-04-2017, 01:43 PM
(11-04-2017 01:16 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Richard Dawkins?

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
11-04-2017, 02:21 PM
(11-04-2017 01:02 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 11:22 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  ---
---I sometimes think have I been decoupling from Christianity for the last seven or eight years and that's why I've been having all sorts of messed up emotions and thoughts during that period of time.
---

It takes time ... intense emotions most likely run the show. Of course, christianity has been the greatest show on earth for the past 2000 years! So yes, no doubt you are struggling with confusing and uncontrollable thoughts.

Many here have reported several years of back and forth during their deconversions. I think it's ok with a good support system and this is probably a good place for it.

More and more you will find yourself simply taking command of your own thoughts. Emotions will settle to a more manageable intensity. You'll get the hang of it.

You won't always be handled with comfortable, non theist gloves outside of this place. Quite frankly, you'll get a few here who will test you, as well. I think it is necessary to have an honest experience, whatever that might entail.

So SeaJay, you got 2000 years of bogus and junk thoughts to dump off your shoulders. I'll bet that's gonna feel good. Wink
Thanks for the encouragement Kim

Have to say I find this forum refreshing. I admire the honesty here.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like SeaJay's post
11-04-2017, 02:26 PM
(11-04-2017 01:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:02 PM)kim Wrote:  It takes time ... intense emotions most likely run the show. Of course, christianity has been the greatest show on earth for the past 2000 years! So yes, no doubt you are struggling with confusing and uncontrollable thoughts.
I don't like quoting myself (like that ego-monster Dawkins), like something I've said is so damn great, but I really like to call Xtianity "the greatest guilt-trip ever laid" And for this - among so many other things - I despise it with every fibre of my being.

You are right - it is the greatest guilt-trip ever - that's what makes it so difficult for many to get out alive.
Ha - my referral is not Dawkins' related - as you know, I'm not a fan, either. Wink

No, I refer to the original ...
[Image: 279d9268605659aab6f682be0df54c9e.jpg]

Religion has always been "the show" and christianity has cultivated shame, human degradation, judgement, guilt and manipulation, etc., into an art form. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-04-2017, 02:26 PM
(11-04-2017 01:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  

Quote:So SeaJay, you got 2000 years of bogus and junk thoughts to dump off your shoulders. I'll bet that's gonna feel good. Wink

It would feel amazing!

So, SeaJay, when are we finally ditching that temple? Wink

"I'M FREE- I'm free,
And freedom tastes of reality,
I'm free-I'm free,
AN' I'm waiting for you to follow me.

If I told you what it takes
to reach the highest high,
You'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple'
But you've been told many times before
Messiahs pointed to the door
And no one had the guts to leave the temple!

I'm free-I'm free
And freedom tastes of reality
I'm free-I'm free
And I'm waiting for you to follow me."

I have this massive urge to grow my hair long and grow my own marijuana and learn to play the guitar. Big Grin I'm only half kidding too.

It will be very interesting to learn who the real me is. Unfettered by nothing, no fear, no guilt, sounds very empowering and scary.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 4 users Like SeaJay's post
11-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Kimmie, the Dawkins crack as aimed at myself, really - for quoting myself. He did it CONSTANTLY in his stupid autobiography and it annoyed me to no end (and you know what kind of bilge I translate usually, so imagine how bad his must've been for me to still be pissed Dodgy )

Hehe, SeaJay. Am really not a fan of long hair on men, though I guess you might pull it off (as long as you don't pull it out Rolleyes ) if you don't go the lumbersexual way (it would appear Brazil is in the throes of the lumbersexual/manbun epidemy and I can barely go anywhere without almost choking to death, trying to stifle my hysterical laughter at all those be-bearded and be-manbunned (usually overweight, for some unfathomable reason) bozos). The pot idea sounds like a very good one (and would certainly help with all that anxiety. I found out only recently, a bit of booze really helps keep all *my* demons at bay... for a bit... Yes

Just keep plugging away at it and you'll get there Thumbsup

[Image: quote-someday-somewhere-anywhere-unfaili...-87-05.jpg]

(and again, I'm repeating myself - even if it's somebody else's words, technically!)

(you hair looks good now, tbh Blush )

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
11-04-2017, 03:43 PM
(10-04-2017 06:47 AM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Food for thought are these results of a poll of doctors: Perhaps the most surprising result of the survey,” the report notes, “is that a majority of doctors (55 percent) said that they have seen treatment results in their patients that they would consider miraculous (45 percent do not).

Have you ever wondered why it is that the “miracle” cures never seem to include the following:

Graphic
[Image: ht_jonny_joseph_jones_legs_jp_110701_wmain.jpg]

[Image: IMGlargephotoTheGirls-1-380x268.png?9d7bd4]

[Image: 512px-13900470_3preoperation0.jpg]

Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients: a multicenter randomized trial of uncertainty and certainty of receiving intercessory prayer.
CONCLUSIONS: Intercessory prayer itself had no effect on complication-free recovery from CABG, but certainty of receiving intercessory prayer was associated with a higher incidence of complications.

I’ll leave you with this little nugget.

[Image: main-qimg-cd2006c9b4609daa0c2af2df3cdad39d]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post