Why I Believe

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
16-04-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Why I Believe
(16-04-2017 01:00 PM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 09:44 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  You realize how much you contradicted yourself there, don't you? If your last sentence is true, then you can't believe there is no Satan and no hell, that heaven will be on earth (because the bible teaches the earth will be destroyed).
What is your reason for believing this?

You said you believe what the bible teaches; it clearly teaches that Satan and hell are real. So either you don't believe all the bible or you're ignoring part of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
16-04-2017, 04:09 PM
(16-04-2017 02:56 PM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK, you did NOT sin against the Holy Ghost.
Thank you Alla
You don't believe me, brother.
If you believe what the Bible says than you have to believe that Christ saved you from this lake. Even if you don't believe in Him.
One more thing: only those who saw God with their own eyes and then deny the truth are sinners against the Holy Ghost.
If you didn't see God with your own eyes you can NOT sin against the Holy Ghost.
Fear is from Satan, Satan wants you to suffer.

Have peace. I hope you find peace. I don't care what you believe. But I really want you to be happy.
To have wrong but SINCERE BELIEF is NOT a sin. It is OK to be wrong in your beliefs. Heart

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
16-04-2017, 05:19 PM
(16-04-2017 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 02:56 PM)SeaJay Wrote:  Thank you Alla
You don't believe me, brother.
If you believe what the Bible says than you have to believe that Christ saved you from this lake. Even if you don't believe in Him.
One more thing: only those who saw God with their own eyes and then deny the truth are sinners against the Holy Ghost.
If you didn't see God with your own eyes you can NOT sin against the Holy Ghost.
Fear is from Satan, Satan wants you to suffer.

Have peace. I hope you find peace. I don't care what you believe. But I really want you to be happy.
To have wrong but SINCERE BELIEF is NOT a sin. It is OK to be wrong in your beliefs. Heart

mmmmmmm........
OR.....
The fear could be coming from a combination of things explored here....

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
16-04-2017, 06:10 PM
JesseB Wrote:mmmmmmm........
OR.....
The fear could be coming from a combination of things
Of course. But while I believe that fear is from Satan I also believe Satan knows those things(every one of them) and he is using those things.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
16-04-2017, 06:13 PM
(16-04-2017 06:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  
JesseB Wrote:mmmmmmm........
OR.....
The fear could be coming from a combination of things
Of course. But while I believe that fear is from Satan I also believe Satan knows those things(every one of them) and he is using those things.

I get that's what you think and choose to believe.

However you are adding extra things that aren't needed to the equation. Satan isn't needed and isn't likely to be real, neither is god. Which as usual is my point.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
16-04-2017, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 11:20 PM by Robvalue.)
To echo your point, religious explanations often produce a result contrary to reality. There then needs to be a second convoluted balancing explanation as to why this. We end up with two complete unnecessary assumptions when none are required in the first place, as we have perfectly simple scientific explanations.

To me, it sounds like this:

"There's this guy who runs around painting everything in the world green every five seconds! He does it so fast, you don't even notice."

"But not everything is green."

"There's another guy who follows him around, painting things that weren't green back to their original colour."

"I guess he's also so fast I don't notice."

"Yeah! You know about these guys then?"

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
16-04-2017, 11:26 PM
(16-04-2017 11:16 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  To echo your point, religious explanations often produce a result contrary to reality. There then needs to be a second convoluted balancing explanation as to why this. We end up with two complete unnecessary assumptions when none are required in the first place, as we have perfectly simple scientific explanations.

To me, it sounds like this:

"There's this guy who runs around painting everything in the world green every five seconds! He does it so fast, you don't even notice."

"But not everything is green."

"There's another guy who follows him around, painting things that weren't green back to their original colour."

"I guess he's also so fast I don't notice."

"Yeah! You know about these guys then?"

>.> This would kinda make for a fun joke in a cartoon or skit

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
17-04-2017, 03:18 AM
Ugh, here we go again No

To recap, I sometimes get words that literally just pop into my mind from nowhere (not audible sounds, just words). I do not consciously place them there at all. They just pop into my head.

When I first thought I blasphemed the Holy Spirit in my mind back in 2010 (I really couldn't stop the thought), it worried me to the point that when I was falling asleep, I saw images of me burning and even had words pop into my mind saying "Destined for hell."

I was told this was just my subconscious mind playing tricks on me. But I asked myself how do I know? If these words were showing me glimpses of the future, then I know I'd be destined for hell because I can't predict the future but Heaven can. This has been my life since 2010, experiencing these 'words popping' into my head, and then hearing/seeing/reading these words at some later time, and seeing that as evidence I am going to hell.

This is what just happened, and serves as a great example of what I go through:

6 December 2010: Over six years ago, I had the word "Kevin" or "Kenny Miller" just pop into my head (I've kept a thought record since 2010). Kenny Miller is a footballer, and 3 days later I saw him score a goal and 'point up to the sky/heavens'. Saw this as a sign that God was telling me the word 'Kenny Miller' actually came from Him (from God).

Additional: I later realised I'd watched Kenny Miller play in two football games during the last 2 weeks.

15 October 2016: Whilst watching the Walking Dead series on my laptop, a sports channel on the T.V showed Kenny Miller scoring a goal for his team and at that moment, on the Walking Dead, a character got bit by a zombie and that character said “This is God’s Plan. He’ll take care of me. Always has.

17 April 2017: Today, the same sports channel (it's always on in the background) shows Kenny Miller score a goal again, and at the exact same time I glanced at the T.V and saw this, on the documentary I was watching about atheism, the narrator said "These words were communicated straight from the mind of God." Sad

I'm actually scared right now, it's an awful feeling. The timing of the above seems too fine to be a coincidence. This is my fear, that I am being told I am going to hell. I really hate this. I was doing really well lately but it's episodes like this that just bring it all back Sadcryface

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes SeaJay's post
17-04-2017, 04:03 AM
(17-04-2017 03:18 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  Ugh, here we go again No

To recap, I sometimes get words that literally just pop into my mind from nowhere (not audible sounds, just words). I do not consciously place them there at all. They just pop into my head.

When I first thought I blasphemed the Holy Spirit in my mind back in 2010 (I really couldn't stop the thought), it worried me to the point that when I was falling asleep, I saw images of me burning and even had words pop into my mind saying "Destined for hell."

I was told this was just my subconscious mind playing tricks on me. But I asked myself how do I know? If these words were showing me glimpses of the future, then I know I'd be destined for hell because I can't predict the future but Heaven can. This has been my life since 2010, experiencing these 'words popping' into my head, and then hearing/seeing/reading these words at some later time, and seeing that as evidence I am going to hell.

This is what just happened, and serves as a great example of what I go through:

6 December 2010: Over six years ago, I had the word "Kevin" or "Kenny Miller" just pop into my head (I've kept a thought record since 2010). Kenny Miller is a footballer, and 3 days later I saw him score a goal and 'point up to the sky/heavens'. Saw this as a sign that God was telling me the word 'Kenny Miller' actually came from Him (from God).

Additional: I later realised I'd watched Kenny Miller play in two football games during the last 2 weeks.

15 October 2016: Whilst watching the Walking Dead series on my laptop, a sports channel on the T.V showed Kenny Miller scoring a goal for his team and at that moment, on the Walking Dead, a character got bit by a zombie and that character said “This is God’s Plan. He’ll take care of me. Always has.

17 April 2017: Today, the same sports channel (it's always on in the background) shows Kenny Miller score a goal again, and at the exact same time I glanced at the T.V and saw this, on the documentary I was watching about atheism, the narrator said "These words were communicated straight from the mind of God." Sad

I'm actually scared right now, it's an awful feeling. The timing of the above seems too fine to be a coincidence. This is my fear, that I am being told I am going to hell. I really hate this. I was doing really well lately but it's episodes like this that just bring it all back Sadcryface

So... Kenny Miller is the chosen one of God? You're seeing signs and wonders in strange places amigo. Why doesn't God just come out and tell you directly. It seems like way more trouble to carefully arrange coincidences where you are watching TV and Kenny Miller is playing football.

Also note that if you were watching TV and someone said "these words were communicated straight from the mind of God" and you happened *not* to be watching Kenny Miller doing his thing, you wouldn't even register that the coincidence had happened. i.e. you're counting the hits and not the misses.

God thinks a lot about Kenny Miller it seems Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-04-2017, 04:13 AM
How do you know its a sign from god and not from Allah, The Devil or Zeus?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post