Why I Believe

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
20-04-2017, 07:25 AM
RE: Why I Believe
(20-04-2017 05:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  As a pragmatist I'd say that if you are so drunk that you don't recognize your daughter as you schtup her then you're too drunk to get it up.

Honestly why even try to explain and condone incest? Dodgy
I'd never analyzed the story before. I was trying to see if there was something I'd missed. You don't really have this topic discussed much in churches, for obvious reasons.

I just want to go on record that I do not condone rape or incest. I was just analyzing that biblical topic to see what others thought about it.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2017, 07:33 AM
(20-04-2017 07:25 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 05:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  As a pragmatist I'd say that if you are so drunk that you don't recognize your daughter as you schtup her then you're too drunk to get it up.

Honestly why even try to explain and condone incest? Dodgy
I'd never analyzed the story before. I was trying to see if there was something I'd missed. You don't really have this topic discussed much in churches, for obvious reasons.

I just want to go on record that I do not condone rape or incest. I was just analyzing that biblical topic to see what others thought about it.

> Interestingly, the bowdlerized bible I used in Catholic school omitted this scene. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
20-04-2017, 07:51 AM
(20-04-2017 07:33 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 07:25 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  I'd never analyzed the story before. I was trying to see if there was something I'd missed. You don't really have this topic discussed much in churches, for obvious reasons.

> Interestingly, the bowdlerized bible I used in Catholic school omitted this scene. Consider

I'm surprised they didn't replace the daughters with altar boys... Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
20-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Q:"The Bible says that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was placed within the reach of Adam. Why do such a thing?

A: Why? So, they would reach it. Isn't it wonderful that Adam and Eve had a chance to become like Gods knowing good and evil?
It is wonderful to become like Gods. It is wonderful to have knowledge of good and EVIL.
Adam and Eve chose to become like Gods. Great choice. I would do the same if I was one of them.

It is good to know what opposite of many things is. Gods have this knowledge according to the Bible(fairy tale)

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
20-04-2017, 08:40 AM
unfogged Wrote:If Adam and Eve did not already have knowledge of good and evil then they had no way to know that disobeying had consequences.
They knew what consequences would be but they would never experience them if they didn't break commandment. You don't know what pain is until you experience it. You don't know what injustice is until you experience it, or until you see someone is experiencing it.

unfogged Wrote:The "test" was completely unfair in every way
Who says that it was the test?
The Bible(fairy tale)?
I don't think so.

20-04-2017, 08:44 AM
(20-04-2017 08:40 AM)Alla Wrote:  
unfogged Wrote:If Adam and Eve did not already have knowledge of good and evil then they had no way to know that disobeying had consequences.
They knew what consequences would be but they would never experience them if they didn't break commandment. You don't know what pain is until you experience it. You don't know what injustice is until you experience it, or until you see someone is experiencing it.

unfogged Wrote:The "test" was completely unfair in every way
Who says that it was the test?
The Bible(fairy tale)?
I don't think so.

If they didn't have knowledge, how could they understand the consequences? And how would the all knowing god not realize this? And if he did, then he's an asshole for setting them up for failure, then getting all pissy when they did fail. It's a very stupid story.

And if you think the bible is a fairy tale, then why are you even arguing in favor of the story?
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
20-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Adam and Eve were presented with the choice:
1) stay in the garden forever having no children and never becoming like Gods knowing good and evil
or
2) become like Gods

I would make exactly the same choice Eve did.

Fall story is my most favorite fairy tale of all fairy tales. Unfortunately,it is the most misunderstood fairy tale on earth.

[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
20-04-2017, 08:45 AM
(20-04-2017 08:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  Adam and Eve were presented with the choice:
1)stay in the garden forever having no children and never becoming like Gods knowing good and evil
or
2) to become like Gods

Fall story is my most favorite fairy tale of all fairy tales. Unfortunately,it is the most misunderstood fairy tale on earth.

So in your version, Satan is the good guy?
20-04-2017, 08:53 AM
ResidentEvilFan Wrote:If they didn't have knowledge, how could they understand the consequences?
I know that I will have consequence if I touch the fire. But until I burn my hand I do NOT KNOW how the burn(consequence) feels like.

ResidentEvilFan Wrote:And if you think the bible is a fairy tale, then why are you even arguing in favor of the story
I am not arguing in favor of the story, I am only pointing to something that the story is not saying.
It says nothing about any test. It says that Adam and Eve chose to become like Gods - the best thing that ever could happen to children of God.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
20-04-2017, 08:54 AM
(20-04-2017 08:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  Adam and Eve were presented with the choice:
1) stay in the garden forever having no children and never becoming like Gods knowing good and evil
or
2) become like Gods

As LDS I was taught the garden of Eden was in Missouri. They certainly believed it to be true.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde