Why I Believe

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
20-04-2017, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2017 09:03 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Why I Believe
(20-04-2017 08:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  Adam and Eve were presented with the choice:
1) stay in the garden forever having no children and never becoming like Gods knowing good and evil
or
2) become like Gods

I would make exactly the same choice Eve did.

To most Christian sects, this interpretation reeks of blasphemy. Yours is not a story of a fall, but rather of ascension. I personally think that it comes closer to capturing the intended takeaway of the metaphor better than the standard Christian original sin bullshit.

That said, I'm not sure I'd have the stones to take the red pill.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-04-2017, 08:56 AM
(20-04-2017 08:53 AM)Alla Wrote:  It says nothing about any test. It says that Adam and Eve chose to become like Gods - the best thing that ever could happen to children of God.
It doesn't say they chose to become like gods either though

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
20-04-2017, 08:56 AM
residnetEvilFan Wrote:So in your version, Satan is the good guy?
In this fairy tale Satan is a bad guy who had no idea that he did exactly what he supposed to do. He thought that he would destroy Adam and Eve. This what makes him a bad guy - his evil intention.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-04-2017, 08:57 AM
(20-04-2017 08:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  Fall story is my most favorite fairy tale of all fairy tales. Unfortunately,it is the most misunderstood fairy tale on earth.

As you so aptly demonstrate.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
20-04-2017, 08:57 AM
(20-04-2017 08:53 AM)Alla Wrote:  
ResidentEvilFan Wrote:If they didn't have knowledge, how could they understand the consequences?
I know that I will have consequence if I touch the fire. But until I burn my hand I do NOT KNOW how the burn(consequence) feels like.

ResidentEvilFan Wrote:And if you think the bible is a fairy tale, then why are you even arguing in favor of the story
I am not arguing in favor of the story, I am only pointing to something that the story is not saying.
It says nothing about any test. It says that Adam and Eve chose to become like Gods - the best thing that ever could happen to children of God.

Then you're obviously talking about a different god.
20-04-2017, 08:58 AM
SeaJay Wrote:It doesn't say they chose to become like gods either though
Serpent told Eve that she will become like Gods knowing good and evil. If I was told this I would partake of the fruit. I would decently wanted to become like Gods to know good and its opposition - evil.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
20-04-2017, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2017 09:02 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(20-04-2017 08:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  
In this fairy tale Satan is a bad guy who had no idea that he did exactly what he supposed to do. He thought that he would destroy Adam and Eve. This what makes him a bad guy - his evil intention.

So he's the one person in all of existence that doesn't seem to know how people become gods? Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
20-04-2017, 09:00 AM
(20-04-2017 08:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  

How do you know he had "evil intentions". You've already considerably changed the meaning of the tale, so I don't see how you can stick with him being evil. Maybe he wanted to free Adam and Even because he knew god was a dick.
20-04-2017, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2017 09:11 AM by GirlyMan.)
(20-04-2017 08:45 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 08:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  Fall story is my most favorite fairy tale of all fairy tales. Unfortunately,it is the most misunderstood fairy tale on earth.

So in your version, Satan is the good guy?

In mine it is. Eve was lying when she told Dear Leader that the serpent beguiled here by saying "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." By then she knew full well that El Diablo was telling the truth. She lied because now she knew how to lie. Smile
Hey, does that make me a Satanist?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-04-2017, 09:01 AM
(20-04-2017 08:57 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Then you're obviously talking about a different god.

I was not talking about God, I was discussing my favorite fairy tale where Adam and Eve chose the best thing - to become like Gods knowing good and evil.