Why I Believe

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
27-04-2017, 08:30 AM
RE: Why I Believe
Yep, print this out and whip it out every time you start obsessing over hell Yes

Also, check this out. Not sure if it will help, but who knows...

Also, you live in one of the most secular places on earth. Use it to your advantage! Make the most of it!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-04-2017, 08:37 AM
(27-04-2017 08:20 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  If hell is not real then hell is not real

If hell is real then I wouldn't want to worship its creator (despite all the anxiety and depression hell has lumped on me)

The bible tells me I am loved, and that I only have to believe. It also tells me if I do not believe, I will burn forever. That's not love, that's emotional abuse

"I love you and want you to love me back. But if you don't I'll throw battery acid in your face."

Sorry. Does not compute.

Spot on! There you go. Tell the lot of them to go fuck right off.

I didn't realize you were in the UK! What part? (I'm in Kent).

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
27-04-2017, 08:39 AM
(27-04-2017 08:37 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  

If hell is real then I wouldn't want to worship its creator (despite all the anxiety and depression hell has lumped on me)

The bible tells me I am loved, and that I only have to believe. It also tells me if I do not believe, I will burn forever. That's not love, that's emotional abuse

"I love you and want you to love me back. But if you don't I'll throw battery acid in your face."

Sorry. Does not compute.

Spot on! There you go. Tell the lot of them to go fuck right off.

I didn't realize you were in the UK! What part? (I'm in Kent).
South Wales. You know, that place where you can tell it's summer because the rain is warmer? Big Grin

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 6 users Like SeaJay's post
27-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Lol ah okay cool! I've been to Wales a couple of times, I love it Smile

Let me know if you happen to be swinging by Kent Wink

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
27-04-2017, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2017 11:06 AM by kim.)
(27-04-2017 12:13 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 11:36 PM)kim Wrote:  So, you have decided we are in "the last days", huh? And do you think that if you "decide" to not believe, that it will fulfill some kind of "prophecy"? Or if you continue to believe ... you will stave off "the last days"? Shy
I know it sounds silly Kim, but that's just how my mind works currently

Well, if you had any faith at all, you would want this "end of days". It would mean your master & commander Jesus coming to pick you up in a gleaming, wine colored Chrysler 300c with the hemmi engine. It would be the road trip to end all road trips!
You snooze, you lose.

Can you comprehend how many millions upon billions of humans have lived and died on the face of this planet - just in the past five thousand years? Can you understand that many millions of those billions had no inkling of a religion, much less the christian cocktail to which you are addicted?

Who holds back the end of days, when you are dead? Another million or so, perhaps?

You can always believe as long as others believe. And you can always go to a place and be with others who want to believe, too. There will always be things to do there - always adventures and always excitement - and no one ever dies. It's a fantastic place - where everyone can even fly! If everyone believes everyone can fly, why would anyone ever want to land? Why would anyone ever not believe?

'When that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.'

But why? Why!?

'For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.'

Because it's time.

There will always be children to keep things bright & twinkling... let the faires fade and leave Neverland to the other Lost Boys.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-04-2017, 09:58 AM
(27-04-2017 12:54 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  You wouldn't ever talk of having faith about something you didn't feel was true.

Why not? If it serves a practical purpose and the cost/benefit analysis shows low risk/high return it wouldn't be rational not to. It's not cognitive dissonance if you know what you're doing. I'm not saying you should try this at home. Smile

[Image: gwynnie_zpss6n4wr9e.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-04-2017, 10:02 AM
@SeaJay

Dude, check out the meetups app (or website) I'm willing to bet there's a number of Skeptic or Atheist meet-ups near you, I even have some semi close to me (If only I could afford the gas to go to one lol)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
27-04-2017, 10:13 AM

Oh it's real alright, it's just not what or where most people think it is.

#sigh
27-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Seriously, Girly, my dearest, if we have to keep being subjected to that epitome of insipidness, can you at least find a picture with a slightly less inane smile.

(Also, jumping photos outstayed their welcome a nanosecond after they became popular)

Thank you in advance Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
27-04-2017, 10:22 AM
(27-04-2017 10:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  Seriously, Girly, my dearest, if we have to keep being subjected to that epitome of insipidness, can you at least find a picture with a slightly less inane smile.

(Also, jumping photos outstayed their welcome a nanosecond after they became popular)

Thank you in advance Dodgy

Point taken. This one is more accurate anyway.

[Image: bobgwynnies2_zpsxtwdaznk.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post