Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
03-08-2014, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 10:51 PM by hbl.)
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
The reason I don't believe in atheism is because something can't come from nothing. That which does not exist can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. For example, a square circle can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. Likewise, non-existence can't cause nature or the universe to come into being. Krauss would be wrong as well, because that which doesn't exist can't split into something. It doesn't exist.

And nature can't always have existed either, because if it did, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now in an infinite regression of cause and effects, so you should have already happened.

Moreover, infinite regress is inherently self-contradictory because if there was this past eternity of cause and effects as part of nature, the universe or universes, then a past eternity should continue to go on for eternity, never reaching this point in the here and now. Thus, past eternity is a man made construct, but doesn't exist in reality.

Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. Knowing this, we know, therefore, that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God. If you ask me what I mean by the term God, the first thing I would tell you is that this is the 'uncreated Creator'.

Knowing that God exists, it is incumbent upon us to find out where God reveals Himself as only one faith can be true because God does not contradict Himself. He makes Himself known rather than unknown as we have already seen by this proof. What else does He reveal about Himself?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes hbl's post
03-08-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
Well, have a nice day.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 17 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Glad you cleared that up!
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
03-08-2014, 09:22 PM
And thus we have proof of the only god that has revealed itself to us.

All praise the eternal uncaused Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Kneel before Zod

or whatever.

[+] 21 users Like DLJ's post
03-08-2014, 09:26 PM
"Do you believe in atheism?" is not a valid question. Much the same as "what is 12 divided by 0?".

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
03-08-2014, 09:28 PM
(03-08-2014 09:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And thus we have proof of the only god that has revealed itself to us.

All praise the eternal uncaused Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Kneel before Zod

or whatever.

Ramen, He boiled for your sins. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
03-08-2014, 09:32 PM
(03-08-2014 09:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  "what is 12 devided by 0?".

Mathematically... valid.
Syntactically... invalid.

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Congratulations. You figured out the Universe.
[+] 1 user Likes Senpai's post
03-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Atheism is not something to believe in, it's a lack of belief. Your god has no more evidence for its existence than Zeus, Thor, or any other of the countless gods man has come up with throughout time. Your indoctrination does not equal truth. There are people of many other religions around the world that are just as sure that they are right and you are wrong for the exact same reason: Because they were indoctrinated with it. The way you look at Zeus, Thor, Ra and all the other gods: that's how atheists look at all those gods, AND YOURS! That's the only difference between you and atheists.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
03-08-2014, 09:41 PM
(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  The reason I don't believe in atheism is because something can't come from nothing.

No atheist "believes in atheism". A-theism the the absence of something.

But your god can come from nothing, right?
(And of course it's YOUR god you're talking about)

So you've embraced the fallacy called Special Pleading. Congratulations.
What you think you know about how things work INSIDE this universe, you've generalized to what would have been "external" to it. You're saying because something seems it is not "intuitively" correct to your brain, which evolved to deal with on a macro (common-sense) level on the savannahs of Africa, it can't be correct. The deepest nature of this universe has been proven to be "non-intuitive", (Relativity, Uncertainty etc). Therefore your "leap" to a deductive / intuitive conclusion is unwarranted. Hawking's friend Roger Penrose has proposed a "re-banging" he called "Cycles of Time". At this point we don't even know if there ever was "nothing". If your god can be "eternal", there also could be an infinite set of banging and re-banging universes.

(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  That which does not exist can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. For example, a square circle can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. Likewise, non-existence can't cause nature or the universe to come into being. Krauss would be wrong as well, because that which doesn't exist can't split into something. It doesn't exist.

You think we're retarded ? Your PhD in Physics is from where ? How exactly are you qualified to tell Krauss "he's wrong".

You're assuming the "cause" (and that is a meaningless term, as Dr. Sean Carroll schooled little Billy Craig about in their debate), is a god. There is no reason to assume that. An omnipotent god could have created a race of universe makers. You're assuming the "nearest" or proximate cause was your deity, as you're been conditioned to think in those terms, and not in other terms. (It's called a bad habit). A "cause" is an answer to nothing. If the Big Bang was a singularity, observers at a distance from a singularity cannot see what's really happening at a distance from it, (proven by Physics). A "cause" requires an actor, (creator). That requires time and Causality ALREADY in place. You have explained nothing about how or why that works. Your reasoning does not lead to your god, as much as you NEED it to.

(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  And nature can't always have existed either, because if it did, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being by now in an infinite regression of cause and effects, so you should have already happened.

No one claims this universe always existed in it's present form. Fail.

(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  Moreover, infinite regress is inherently self-contradictory because if there was this past eternity of cause and effects as part of nature, the universe or universes, then a past eternity should continue to go on for eternity, never reaching this point in the here and now. Thus, past eternity is a man made construct, but doesn't exist in reality.

Presumes spacetime always existed. Right now we don't know if the dimensions of spacetime exist outside this universe. Fail again.

(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. Knowing this, we know, therefore, that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God. If you ask me what I mean by the term God, the first thing I would tell you is that this is the 'uncreated Creator'.

Wrong. More Presuppositionalist crap. The term "outside" spacetime is meaningless. "Outside" REQUIRES space in place already.

(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  Knowing that God exists, it is incumbent upon us to find out where God reveals Himself as only one faith can be true because God does not contradict Himself. He makes Himself known rather than unknown as we have already seen by this proof. What else does He reveal about Himself?

Nothing. SHE reveals nothing as all that bullshit, is nothing but bullshit.
What she might reveal to us, if she did exist, is that she allows innocent children to get and die in agony from cancer, and is therefore impotent and deserving of nothing but contempt.

What is this shit ? A moronic attempt at a paper for Apologetics 101, Freshman at Biola Crap College ?

Define "existence" (of your god). In doing so, use NO WORD that has any reference to spacetime. Take your time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 12 users Like Bucky Ball's post