Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
04-08-2014, 05:27 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
The question about THE BEGINNING and THE END of the universe is unanswerable for both, the believer and the non believer. For believer the GOD has no beginning and no end. For non believer the nature has no beginning and no end it just keep oscillating between various forms along a circular existence.
It is quite possible that the answer to this question will remain unknown forever even to the last remaining people who would leave earth to colonize and continue the human lineage elsewhere as the nature would keep throwing mysteries to every discovery.
Apart from this unanswerable logic of " non existence not able to create existence", which is also the strongest belief of scientist ( conservation of mass and energy) there seems no other proper reason to support existence of GOD. The religion and its myths are the least helpful due to intrinsic contradictions in all of them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 05:28 AM
(03-08-2014 09:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  "what is 12 devided by 0?".

Mathematically... valid.
Syntactically... invalid.

Tongue

And semantically... anomalous. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 05:41 AM
(04-08-2014 02:51 AM)hbl Wrote:  Hell is the only solution for you given your subjectivity.

And just who the hell told you, it's up to YOU to decide things like that ?

I always wonder when the Christards rev up the Church Lady Talk, how it started for them. Like did they wake up one day and think to themselves : "Hmmm, I think I'm *justified* enough. TODAY is the day I have decided for myself I get to start speaking for the gods", cuz I (have decided that) know what they think. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-08-2014, 05:45 AM
(04-08-2014 03:19 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 03:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How is an atheist dependent on "self's addiction"? What does that even mean?

It means the center of an atheist's life is on self and idols it selects, not on what is best for you or for others.

OK, I've had enough of your insulting crap. You are a deluded and presumptuous fatuous twat.

You have no idea what I or others value and hold dear. Your arrogant claims are childish.

You have presented no evidence, merely logically flawed arguments from ignorance and incredulity.

Read a real book, not that pile of myth you value.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-08-2014, 05:55 AM
You're entitled to your ignorance, however:

[Image: l-7390.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Hbl -everything you've said and probably will say is wrong.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-08-2014, 07:34 AM
(04-08-2014 03:14 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I like how this fool is blatantly ignoring any and all posts that actually attack and dismantle his "arguments" and instead has focused his attention on conversing ( in his own chimp like way) with a person that is very obviously sarcastically mocking him. He's a coward and and idiot.

Why do we never have theists with even a modicum of intelligence or wit come here? The good China is terribly dusty Sad

I know, right? He ignores multiple point-by-point breakdowns of how his proof fails, logically, then gripes at Mathilda for asserting it can be disproven but not disproving it, and then finally says that the fact that no one CAN disprove it (by which he means, no one HAS disproven it, and he's ignoring... two? no, three disproofs just SITTING there) is proof that it is valid (which it isn't, under the rules of logic). I'd tossed off that syllogism of "If I ignore all alternatives, God is the only option; I ignore all alternatives; therefore God" as a joking barb to challenge him to correct some of the intellectual dishonesties of his OP, but I think it actually does apply to him.

Coupled with his slander, his genuinely false, made-up statements about what motivates atheists (did he actually check what motivates atheists, or did he just spout whatever he imagined to be true without checking?) and the fact that he's decided that it's his place to judge who is and isn't going to hell? I'm calling Poe on this one. No TRUE Christian would ever bear false witness like this.* Dodgy

KC, you will be missed.

That said, DemLem is AWESOME.

*Please wait for the dramatically appropriate beat before engaging in riotous laughter.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
04-08-2014, 07:38 AM
(03-08-2014 09:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  "Do you believe in atheism?" is not a valid question. Much the same as "what is 12 divided by 0?".

But, but I like to divide by zero!

Why are you oppressing me? Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
04-08-2014, 07:56 AM
@hbl

It's okay hbl. I understand where you are coming from.

I actually don't believe in chairs.

Cheers
[+] 3 users Like Zippo's post
04-08-2014, 08:15 AM
(04-08-2014 07:56 AM)Zippo Wrote:  I actually don't believe in chairs.

You are doomed to forever wander around Ikea looking for an exit.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post