Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
11-08-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  That's atheism for you. A faith that sends the worst rapist and kindest most caring person to the same fate. What love is that?

And Christianity does not? A death bed conversion will lead the sickest murder to heaven just like a person who lived a good life.

(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  You atheists are 'sick fucks'. Why is that the highest rate of suicides are atheists? Because it doesn't matter since the destination is the same according to them - annihilation!

Sick? Who's sick? Catholic clergy have a sex crime rate the same as the rest of the population and protestant clergy has a higher sex crimes rate that the general population. Really sick that people in power and influence take advantage of people like that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 10:06 AM by Rahn127.)
Now I see why this went to 100 pages. I'm not going to read the last 99.

HBL- You need help. I'm serious. Seek counseling of some kind. It really can help.

A new line from Im_Ryan - Funny how it's secular morals and ethics that keep the bible in line.
I'm stealing that ^

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-08-2014, 10:25 AM
(11-08-2014 12:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  Think how evil that is to think something else keeps you in line other than God. ...

... The rest of us get around not raping and murdering people just fine, and without the constant threat of Hell. Because if you think "why not? Of course I would do whatever I want if it wasn't for the threat of Hell, who wouldn't?", then you are the one lacking a moral compass. ...

This. A million times this. I get so annoyed at religious folks of any stripe who look down on those of us who choose to think for ourselves because we don't have SkyDaddy watching over us with a whuppin' stick in his hand, just waiting for us to slip and fall to one of our human frailties (which he gave us, in their view of things), so he can spank our bad butts. I do my best to be cool to other people, to do the right thing, not because Somebody will be mad/ be disappointed/condemn me to eternal fire if I do the wrong thing, but because it simply makes more sense to be straight up and cool with people. I don't need the threat of punishment to keep me in line. I have my own moral compass and it works just fine, thanks so much.

Whether you're truly a troll or not, OP, please quit insulting our intelligence and moral fibre. If you need an all-powerful being to keep you from doing bad things, I'm very sad for you, but keep listening to it so you don't do bad things. Don't assume the rest of us are so limited.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 5 users Like calmblueocean's post
11-08-2014, 11:11 AM
HBL...

Fuck off.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2014, 11:14 AM
(11-08-2014 11:11 AM)Sam Wrote:  HBL...

Fuck off.

That is the worse way to convert a theist EVER!! No
11-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
What I find most interesting about the drive-by theists (admittedly this one seems to have slowed down as he passes) is that they seem to have been trained to avoid engaging us in any conversation or argument about the material. Many of them do manage to suppress this temptation but not all. I can conceive a pastor advising this. Makes sense from a religious standpoint.

What I still don't quite understand is why they continue to visit. Are they sent here as a test?

I guess what I really want to know is, do they keep returning because they are seeing measurable success? Are they managing to convince lurkers or actual forum members to go (back) to religion?

Has anyone examined this?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
11-08-2014, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 12:43 PM by TheInquisition.)
(11-08-2014 12:24 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  What I find most interesting about the drive-by theists (admittedly this one seems to have slowed down as he passes) is that they seem to have been trained to avoid engaging us in any conversation or argument about the material. Many of them do manage to suppress this temptation but not all. I can conceive a pastor advising this. Makes sense from a religious standpoint.

What I still don't quite understand is why they continue to visit. Are they sent here as a test?

I guess what I really want to know is, do they keep returning because they are seeing measurable success? Are they managing to convince lurkers or actual forum members to go (back) to religion?

I think it's Don Quixote syndrome, their pastors tell them about the horrible atheists and they gallop off to this or other forums to slay the imaginary giants.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-08-2014, 01:16 PM
(11-08-2014 11:14 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 11:11 AM)Sam Wrote:  HBL...

Fuck off.

That is the worse way to convert a theist EVER!! No
I think it was rather clear that Sam was not trying to convert hbl. We don't suffer from a compulsion to convert every person we meet. We are not theists after all.
He does need to fuck off though. You don't incorporate poison you expunge it.
11-08-2014, 01:21 PM
(11-08-2014 12:36 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 12:24 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  What I find most interesting about the drive-by theists (admittedly this one seems to have slowed down as he passes) is that they seem to have been trained to avoid engaging us in any conversation or argument about the material. Many of them do manage to suppress this temptation but not all. I can conceive a pastor advising this. Makes sense from a religious standpoint.

I think it's Don Quixote syndrome, their pastors tell them about the horrible atheists and they gallop off to this or other forums to slay the imaginary giants.

Yup. Christianity is one of the most self-aggrandizing and arrogant religions there ever has been. Its no wonder the more uneducated of its members believe they have the magic bullet to atheism. Their too proud to think they could be wrong, and to stupid to know they are.
Though hbl is clearly a troll.
11-08-2014, 01:25 PM
(11-08-2014 12:36 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

I think it's more that they get off to the theme of persecution and adversity. Scratch at that self-professed humility and you'll find a well of arrogance underneath.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post