Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
11-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(11-08-2014 04:37 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 04:20 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Now wait a minute: what happened to "Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to ineptitude"? Why does this advice get conveniently discarded any time someone wishes to accuse someone of being a troll?

Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice.

Sure, that one is more fun to say. I'll have to remember this one.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(11-08-2014 11:14 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 11:11 AM)Sam Wrote:  HBL...

Fuck off.

That is the worse way to convert a theist EVER!! No

Oh, fuck off. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-08-2014, 04:53 PM
(11-08-2014 06:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 03:44 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  That's why I can't believe that people have been dealing with this idiot for nearly 100 pages now. This moron was obviously nothing more than a troll very early on. As you have said, he has refused to read or acknowledge anyone's posts, and has refused to provide any countering evidence for all the refutations. It's time to stop giving this troll his satisfaction he gets from watching all the responses to his idiotic claims, since he's not even reading the posts. He's an attention whore, and he's getting satisfaction from all this attention. We need to stop wasting our time on this idiot. Arguing with people like him is like that old proverb about how arguing with idiots like this is like chasing after a pig: You end up covered in mud and shit, and the pig enjoys it.

Seriously, quit wasting your time and energy on this moron. This thread is nothing more than an attempt by a troll to get attention, and we're just giving him exactly what he wants.

You are correct in a way. But most of the traffic on TTA is comprised of passing guests. The things hbl asserts, while nutty, old, boring, and long ago dismissed by many of us, are the usual fare, spouted by wacko fundies, beginners, and those ignorant, for example, of the ramifications of the nonsense Kalam asserts. So in his own little way, hbl does the cause of free-thought a favor, as the readers who are not members, see how easy it is, (or at the very least, possible) to come up with perfectly reasonable intelligent responses to the ususal garbage they are faced with from religionists, the supposed "authoritative" people and references they cite, and the false claims they make concerning sources and methods, especially the "authoritative" way they think they can use ''scripture". For example, how many religionists actually know that the Hebrews in the OT held no belief in "going to heaven and hell", had no belief even remotely similar to what is popular today in "immortality" (or that that fact is well known in academic circles in centers of Biblical Studies), or even the subject of how and when scholars and archaeologists know the Bible was cooked up, assembled, and why that happened, when it happened.

I very much agree with you on the point of refuting theist arguments, and I have mentioned the importance of that in other threads myself about allowing theists on our forum. I just feel like this thread has become pointless because hbl has done nothing to refute any points that we have made on here, and anybody who has been following this thread can clearly see that. It's gotten to the point where we have to say "Look, unless you can offer any kind of valid answers for the arguments which we have refuted over and over again, this conversation is over." All anyone would have to do is look through the thread at his claims and the responses he was given to see that not only were his claims clearly proven to be false, but he failed to refute any point that any of us had made. This thread could easily go on for another hundred pages if we're just going to continue playing his game.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
11-08-2014, 05:22 PM
(11-08-2014 04:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 04:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You don't think him accidentally leaving stuff out and rearranging peoples posts to say better what they really meant is not an intention to show God's love?

Tongue

I fucking love you man haha, that was great.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
11-08-2014, 05:30 PM
(11-08-2014 04:20 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 04:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You don't think him deliberately miss quoting and rearranging peoples posts to say the exact opposite is not an intention to aggravate?

Now wait a minute: what happened to "Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to ineptitude"? Why does this advice get conveniently discarded any time someone wishes to accuse someone of being a troll?

So you think its ineptitude that causes a man to take an argument, miss quote it, cut out some parts and rearrange other parts so as to form an argument that is clearly the opposite of the original and then play that person off as being in total agreement with him when he and everyone else knows that is not the case while simultaneously telling people they are evil and immoral and likened to mass murderers and reminding them over and over they are going to Hell and they deserve to.

You think people can bumblefuck their way to selectively editing and contorting a persons argument against them to be conveniently in support of them? Yes you are too trusting.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
11-08-2014, 06:29 PM
hbl Wrote:Babbling on and quote mining the Bible ...

Tell me something, bible-bot. When the women first arrived at the tomb of Jesus, did they witness the tomb was already opened, or did they witness the stone being rolled away in their presence?

Please cite your sources. Thanks.
11-08-2014, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 11:03 PM by hbl.)
(11-08-2014 09:23 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Hitler was a Catholic. Nobody blames catholicism for the Holocaust, how can you blame atheism for Stalin and Mao?

How can I blame atheism on Stalin and Mao? Stalin who is an atheist killed 40 million and Mao killed 60 million the two greatest episodes of mass murder the world has ever seen. Atheists hold the mantle high!

Hitler was not a Roman Catholic. He was an atheist like you. He hated Christianity, Jesus, the Apostles, the churches, etc.

Hitler's Table Talk (Adolf Hitler, London, Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 1953).

14th October, 1941, midday Hitler said, "The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little... Christianity <is> the liar.... "

Though I know Roman Catholics are unsaved and going to Hell, we cannot say Hitler is a Roman Catholic given his hatred of it and Christ.

A liturgy of Hitler Youth was "I'm not a Christian, nor a Catholic, I go with the SA[tan] through thin and thick."

So you are brothers with Hitler, sharing the same sentiment, with Stalin and Mao too, the 3 greatest murderers in human history. You are one shitty person!

Lots of other quotes from Hitler showing he is atheist, not even a catholic,
http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread...sus-Christ
11-08-2014, 11:03 PM
(11-08-2014 10:56 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 09:23 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Hitler was a Catholic. Nobody blames catholicism for the Holocaust, how can you blame atheism for Stalin and Mao?

How can I blame atheism on Stalin and Mao? Stalin who is an atheist killed 40 million and Mao killed 60 million the two greatest episodes of mass murder the world has ever seen. Atheists hold the mantle high!

Hitler was not a Roman Catholic. He was an atheist like you. He hated Christianity, Jesus, the Apostles, the churches, etc.

14th October, 1941, midday Hitler said, "The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little... Christianity <is> the liar.... "

Though I know Roman Catholics are unsaved and going to Hell, we cannot say Hitler is a Roman Catholic given his hatred of it and Christ.

So you are brothers with Hitler, Stalin and Mao the 3 greatest murderers in human history. You are one shitty person!

Stalin was a really busy guy if he killed 40 million people. Hmmm, how many is that per day ?
The fact is Russia and Germany were BOTH Christian nations that allowed these people to get into power and cooperated with them. It's every bit as much Christianity's fault as it is anything else. Nice red herring ya got there High Bullshit Level.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-08-2014, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 11:17 PM by hbl.)
(11-08-2014 11:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The fact is Russia and Germany were BOTH Christian nations that allowed these people to get into power and cooperated with them. It's every bit as much Christianity's fault as it is anything else. Nice red herring ya got there High Bullshit Level.

Stalin didn't kill anyone? I guess 40 million people died all by themselves. Thanks for clearing that up, lol.

An atheist nation is a Christian nation? That's a contradiction. A nation that kills 6 million Jews is Christian? The Jews are our little brother the Bible says.

You're sick! Everyone word you speak is Satanic! Thank God there is Hell for people as evil as you defending mass murderers and then blame it on Christians like Nero did!

Did you know the future Antichrist is Nero resurrected? His name in Greek is Neron Kaiser which equals 666. He killed so many Christians, most of his family members, and blamed the burning of Rome on Christians. You have the spirit of Nero trying to alter history so when he reveals himself as Satan unrestrains him from the pit (Rev. 9.1), you will be one of his biggest fan with your twisted and bizarre revisionist history. Fortunately no historian sides with you. You're just demented and psychotic and insane!

I have seen evil when I read your words.
11-08-2014, 11:10 PM
(11-08-2014 10:56 PM)hbl Wrote:  

A liturgy of Hitler Youth was "I'm not a Christian, nor a Catholic, I go with the SA[tan] through thin and thick."

So you are brothers with Hitler, sharing the same sentiment, with Stalin and Mao too, the 3 greatest murderers in human history. You are one shitty person!

Lots of other quotes from Hitler showing he is atheist, not even a catholic,
http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread...sus-Christ

[Image: fail+train.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post