Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
12-08-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(12-08-2014 01:00 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 11:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The reason I don't believe in atheism is because atheism doesn't require believing in. Atheism is a lack of belief in gods.

To lack belief is agnostic because you are not sure; you lack belief in God as well as no God. Whereas atheists believe in atheism, that is, that God does not exist.

Theists believe God exists.

I am a theist who is also a Christian because I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.
Babe, as much as I love you and your posts, I should correct you with this:
[Image: 1389850621891.png]

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
12-08-2014, 02:04 AM
(11-08-2014 11:06 PM)hbl Wrote:  Did you know the future Antichrist is Nero resurrected? His name in Greek is Neron Kaiser which equals 666.

No need to refute what HBL says to discredit him ... just quote him instead.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
12-08-2014, 02:09 AM
(12-08-2014 01:06 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 01:00 AM)hbl Wrote:  To lack belief is agnostic because you are not sure; you lack belief in God as well as no God. Whereas atheists believe in atheism, that is, that God does not exist.

I am a theist who is also a Christian because I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.
Babe, as much as I love you and your posts, I should correct you with this:
[Image: 1389850621891.png]

I'd say this will be lost on him my dear Lemon, but that would require he reads it. Drinking Beverage
12-08-2014, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 06:13 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-08-2014 01:00 AM)hbl Wrote:  I am a theist who is also a Christian because I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

Thanks for admitting it's not about a relationship with Jebus, or a god, or something real in your life, but based on this fallacy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
It often is. At least this fool admits it. Gotta keep that cognitive dissonance at bay, whatever the cost.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-08-2014, 04:40 AM
HBL, I used to be a fervent Christian like you going on atheist boards thinking that I could convert them. But instead I ended up being converted myself. You see, it's not just atheists who hang out on these boards, but also minions of Satan.

I remember my mentor well before his glorious descension to Hell. Jake129 was his username. He explained to me that Satan wants his minions to closely follow these discussion forums watching out for Yahweh's own minions. If we come across them then we try to turn these God warriors against their master and to work for us instead. I think that after a hundred pages you have proven your tenacity. You would make a worthy minion of Satan.

Yes, I know, you're reeling in disgust at the idea but think about it just for a moment. Very few Christians will actually make it to Heaven. I know which sect will reach it and believe me, you aren't following the right one. You will also be going to Hell. I know that I am which is why I am making sure that I enjoy myself there. Because I am a follower of Satan, I get my own pointy stick to prod people with when they sit for eternity in the lake of fire. People like you. Unlike you my skin will be resistant to fire so I won't be able to feel pain. I have to do my job after all.

It was a shock when I found this out but I quickly came round. You need to hurry though because the longer you leave it the fewer minions that Satan will need. It's a hierarchy. There needs to be some people at the bottom to be prodded. Unfortunately those will be the faithful who followed the wrong religion because of where they were born and who had closed their mind to all other possibilities. The information age means that everyone has now heard Satan's word and everyone has a free choice. You're either for him or under him (unless you're the chosen sect which hardly anybody is).

So now you've been approached. This is your only opportunity. You won't be approached again once I register your choice.

PM me if you want to discuss it further. This is your eternal soul we're talking about. Do you want to be the prodder or the prodded?

Hail Satan.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
12-08-2014, 06:36 AM
(12-08-2014 01:00 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 11:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The reason I don't believe in atheism is because atheism doesn't require believing in. Atheism is a lack of belief in gods.

To lack belief is agnostic because you are not sure; you lack belief in God as well as no God. Whereas atheists believe in atheism, that is, that God does not exist.

Atheism is a lack of belief, not a claim.

And there is still no eyewitness testimony. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2014, 07:20 AM
If any one of any religion thinks they have the magic bullet, take your god claim and holy book and replace it with another and insert into the same argument you use to claim your god and see if that same argument makes sense with another god claim in it.

"Allah is the one true god because the Koran says so"
"Yahweh is the one true god because the OT says so"
"Jesus is the one savior man/god because the bible says so"
"Vishnu is a real god because Hindus believe in it"

Now if all of these claimants reject the claim of an ocean god named Poseidon or Thor making lightening, then maybe humans need to consider that really what is going on in our species history is that we unfortunately gap fill with god claims because we want a sense of self importance.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
12-08-2014, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 03:25 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
I love how HBL refuses to read or acknowledge the plethora of factual information countering all of his delusions.

The hitler lie was refuted earlier in this thread, I provided you lots of info, including debunking the book "table talk"...sigh, you are not a good student...I also explained how less than 1% of US prison populations are atheist, and the largest group is Christians...how does the moral theory go again? lol.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
12-08-2014, 08:27 AM
(12-08-2014 04:40 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  HBL, I used to be a fervent Christian like you going on atheist boards thinking that I could convert them. But instead I ended up being converted myself. You see, it's not just atheists who hang out on these boards, but also minions of Satan.

I remember my mentor well before his glorious descension to Hell. Jake129 was his username. He explained to me that Satan wants his minions to closely follow these discussion forums watching out for Yahweh's own minions. If we come across them then we try to turn these God warriors against their master and to work for us instead. I think that after a hundred pages you have proven your tenacity. You would make a worthy minion of Satan.

Yes, I know, you're reeling in disgust at the idea but think about it just for a moment. Very few Christians will actually make it to Heaven. I know which sect will reach it and believe me, you aren't following the right one. You will also be going to Hell. I know that I am which is why I am making sure that I enjoy myself there. Because I am a follower of Satan, I get my own pointy stick to prod people with when they sit for eternity in the lake of fire. People like you. Unlike you my skin will be resistant to fire so I won't be able to feel pain. I have to do my job after all.

It was a shock when I found this out but I quickly came round. You need to hurry though because the longer you leave it the fewer minions that Satan will need. It's a hierarchy. There needs to be some people at the bottom to be prodded. Unfortunately those will be the faithful who followed the wrong religion because of where they were born and who had closed their mind to all other possibilities. The information age means that everyone has now heard Satan's word and everyone has a free choice. You're either for him or under him (unless you're the chosen sect which hardly anybody is).

So now you've been approached. This is your only opportunity. You won't be approached again once I register your choice.

PM me if you want to discuss it further. This is your eternal soul we're talking about. Do you want to be the prodder or the prodded?

Hail Satan.

Why was I never offered a choice? Sad

Atir aissom atir imon
12-08-2014, 08:48 AM
(12-08-2014 08:27 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Why was I never offered a choice? Sad

Satan's HR department practically wrote the manual - guy like you, won't even read the CV Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post