Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
12-08-2014, 09:10 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(12-08-2014 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 08:27 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Why was I never offered a choice? Sad

Satan's HR department practically wrote the manual - guy like you, won't even read the CV Drinking Beverage

Damnit Angry

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 11:34 AM
(12-08-2014 07:20 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  replace it with another and insert into the same argument you use to claim your god

Only Christianity is evidential since nobody can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

Whereas all other religions, including atheism, are non-evidential. You just have to believe it because they say it is true.

Atheism is even worse because nature can't start up from non-existence, nor can it always have existed, because if it did, you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so.

As crazy as all other religions are, atheists are bat shit crazy!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2014, 11:45 AM
(12-08-2014 11:34 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 07:20 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  replace it with another and insert into the same argument you use to claim your god

Only Christianity is evidential since nobody can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

Whereas all other religions, including atheism, are non-evidential. You just have to believe it because they say it is true.

Atheism is even worse because nature can't start up from non-existence, nor can it always have existed, because if it did, you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so.

The 4 gospels were written decades after the crucifixtion (if it occurred) and their authorship is annonymous. There is no more evidence for Christianity than any other religion. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-08-2014, 11:51 AM

Only __________ is evidential since nobody can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of __________ in various group settings.

There, fixed so any person of any religion can use that statement. All religious have accounts of their god making appearance to groups that can not be explained away using your method.

As far as atheism being non-evidential you are absolutely correct. We are atheist because there is no evidence to support the existence of a god.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
12-08-2014, 12:05 PM
So are you ignoring my offer HBL?

I shall be praying for your soul tonight.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-08-2014, 12:12 PM
(11-08-2014 10:56 PM)hbl Wrote:  How can I blame atheism on Stalin and Mao? Stalin who is an atheist killed 40 million and Mao killed 60 million the two greatest episodes of mass murder the world has ever seen. Atheists hold the mantle high!

Hitler was not a Roman Catholic. He was an atheist like you. He hated Christianity, Jesus, the Apostles, the churches, etc.

Hitler's Table Talk (Adolf Hitler, London, Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 1953).

14th October, 1941, midday Hitler said, "The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little... Christianity <is> the liar.... "

Though I know Roman Catholics are unsaved and going to Hell, we cannot say Hitler is a Roman Catholic given his hatred of it and Christ.

A liturgy of Hitler Youth was "I'm not a Christian, nor a Catholic, I go with the SA[tan] through thin and thick."

So you are brothers with Hitler, sharing the same sentiment, with Stalin and Mao too, the 3 greatest murderers in human history. You are one shitty person!

Lots of other quotes from Hitler showing he is atheist, not even a catholic,
http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread...sus-Christ
You're a human being and so were Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. They were shitty people and therefore so are you.

If you don't like that "logic", then you don't like your own... Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
12-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(12-08-2014 11:34 AM)hbl Wrote:  As crazy as all other religions are, atheists are bat shit crazy!
Tell me please hbl, what day is it today?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2014, 12:49 PM

[Image: your-opinion-man.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-08-2014, 12:52 PM
(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  The reason I don't believe in atheism is because something can't come from nothing. That which does not exist can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. For example, a square circle can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. Likewise, non-existence can't cause nature or the universe to come into being. Krauss would be wrong as well, because that which doesn't exist can't split into something. It doesn't exist.

And nature can't always have existed either, because if it did, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now in an infinite regression of cause and effects, so you should have already happened.

Moreover, infinite regress is inherently self-contradictory because if there was this past eternity of cause and effects as part of nature, the universe or universes, then a past eternity should continue to go on for eternity, never reaching this point in the here and now. Thus, past eternity is a man made construct, but doesn't exist in reality.

Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. Knowing this, we know, therefore, that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God. If you ask me what I mean by the term God, the first thing I would tell you is that this is the 'uncreated Creator'.

Knowing that God exists, it is incumbent upon us to find out where God reveals Himself as only one faith can be true because God does not contradict Himself. He makes Himself known rather than unknown as we have already seen by this proof. What else does He reveal about Himself?

[Image: mlfw3912-d14.jpg]

12-08-2014, 12:54 PM
(03-08-2014 10:56 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And thus we have proof of the only god that has revealed itself to us.

All praise the eternal uncaused Flying Spaghetti Monster.

That's awesome to hear you now believe in God, but which one is the correct one?

FSM or God of the Bible, for example? Which provides more evidence?

The latter has the original eyewitness Apostles who spent 3 years with Jesus claim to have seen Him alive from the dead in various group settings. And they were put to death for their claim, never relenting and never recanting.

People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie. And group hallucinations are impossible. So individual hallucinations though I am not sure we even have those for FSM are possible, but don't compare to group eyewitness testimony for Jesus. Group hallucinations are impossible!

Do we have that sort of multiple eyewitness testimony for FSM or is the latter more like the Greek gods, assumed to exist, that are unseeable and untouchable and without the substantial proof of resurrection?

I would also favor the God who has a major following after 2000 years at least, but if we were to poll people, I would think almost nobody believes in FSM perhaps because God as spaghetti and a monster don't seem to glorify Him.

[Image: _c978353_image_0.jpg]