Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
12-08-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(09-08-2014 09:02 PM)hbl Wrote:  "This ancient document, the Scripture, has come from the proper repository, that is, it is has been in the hands of the persons of the Church for 2000 years almost and it bears on its face no evident marks of forgery, and therefore the law presumes it to be genuine, and those who would presume otherwise upon them devolves the responsibility of proving it to be false. We don't have to prove it to be true. They have to prove it to be false. That's what the law says."

Since you fail to do so, you are going to Hell.

[Image: my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 01:08 PM
[Image: deal_with_it___rainbow_style__by_j_brony-d4cwgad.png]

12-08-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm just sad that HBL never even replied to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-08-2014, 01:15 PM
(12-08-2014 01:09 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm just sad that HBL never even replied to me.

There is no HBL, only Zuul!

[Image: 35qnw7.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-08-2014, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 01:36 PM by hbl.)
(12-08-2014 12:57 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  There are no contemporaneous eyewitness accounts of any such events. Only hearsay.

There are no contemporaneous eyewitness accounts for anything in antiquity except for the eyewitness Apostles in various group settings recorded by them in the NT.

The first churches were built on their eyewitness testimony as soon as Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected the 3rd day.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2014, 01:36 PM
(12-08-2014 01:09 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm just sad that HBL never even replied to me.

It's okay, you can cry on my shoulder Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
12-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Nothing brings me out of my cold, dark hole like an arrogant bible quoter. Oh boy, I'm starting to salivate already. Drooling I wish my work day was over....

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
12-08-2014, 01:42 PM
(12-08-2014 01:00 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 11:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The reason I don't believe in atheism is because atheism doesn't require believing in. Atheism is a lack of belief in gods.

To lack belief is agnostic because you are not sure; you lack belief in God as well as no God. Whereas atheists believe in atheism, that is, that God does not exist.
You don't understand what the word "atheist" means.

Atheist means to lack a belief in gods.
Agnostic means to lack knowledge of gods.

A person can be an atheist and not hold a belief that god doesn't exist. Most atheists don't hold god beliefs. In much the same way that we lack a belief in fairies and orcs.

An honest theist will claim to be an agnostic theist. They acknowledge that they have no knowledge but they choose to believe anyway.

Most theists don't have this level of honesty.

(12-08-2014 01:00 AM)hbl Wrote:  I am a theist who is also a Christian because I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.
You believe in the god of the gaps then.
"I don't know how this happened therefore god did it!"
12-08-2014, 01:47 PM
(12-08-2014 01:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

It's okay, you can cry on my shoulder Smile

Thanks. That means a lot. I'll put in a good word with you when I pray to Satan tonight. With any luck I might be able to wing you a prodding stick of your own.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-08-2014, 01:48 PM
(12-08-2014 01:33 PM)hbl Wrote:  There are no contemporaneous eyewitness accounts for anything in antiquity except for the eyewitness Apostles in various group settings recorded by them in the NT.

The first churches were built on their eyewitness testimony as soon as Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected the 3rd day.

Still wrong, no matter how many times you say it.

The Gospels weren't written for decades after the alleged events by unknown authors. None of which were eyewitnesses. The author of Luke even admits he wasn't an eyewitness.