Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
13-08-2014, 02:42 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(13-08-2014 02:38 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 02:36 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Nope.

What makes you think non-existence can cause anything when it doesn't exist?

The reason why a square circle can't cause anything because it doesn't exist.

[Image: HerpDerpScootaloo.gif]

If there truly is nothing, then all of the rules about how we think the universe work no longer apply; nothing would mean no rules as well. At that point, anything is possible, including creation.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-08-2014, 02:45 AM
(13-08-2014 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 02:38 AM)hbl Wrote:  What makes you think non-existence can cause anything when it doesn't exist?
Research Sub atomic particles and the flat universe explanation. From that we have evidence of the universe coming from nothing with no outside "creator" or force that needs to push or start anything. Sub atomic particles can exist in two places at once and disappear from reality and reappear. They do it all the time.

We don't have any hard evidence of something coming from nothing. We only have evidence of cause and effects in nature, an overwhelming abundance of evidence of trillions of cause and effects beyond a reasonable doubt.

As for things on a very small scale in which you are not smart enough to figure out the cause for, should NOT cause you to run to the conclusion something comes from nothing. That is the height of arrogance.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2014, 02:46 AM
(13-08-2014 02:38 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 02:36 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Nope.

What makes you think non-existence can cause anything when it doesn't exist?

The reason why a square circle can't cause anything because it doesn't exist.

The reason why a billion pound gorilla doesn't stomp NYC is because it doesn't exist.

[Image: derpy-hooves_o_508725.jpg]

13-08-2014, 02:48 AM
(13-08-2014 02:45 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Research Sub atomic particles and the flat universe explanation. From that we have evidence of the universe coming from nothing with no outside "creator" or force that needs to push or start anything. Sub atomic particles can exist in two places at once and disappear from reality and reappear. They do it all the time.

We don't have any hard evidence of something coming from nothing. We only have evidence of cause and effects in nature, an overwhelming abundance of evidence of trillions of cause and effects.

As for things on a very small scale in which you are not smart enough to figure out the cause for, should cause you to run to the conclusion something comes from nothing. That is the height of arrogance.

[Image: dirtyrarity.jpg]

13-08-2014, 02:48 AM
(13-08-2014 02:45 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Research Sub atomic particles and the flat universe explanation. From that we have evidence of the universe coming from nothing with no outside "creator" or force that needs to push or start anything. Sub atomic particles can exist in two places at once and disappear from reality and reappear. They do it all the time.

We don't have any hard evidence of something coming from nothing. We only have evidence of cause and effects in nature, an overwhelming abundance of evidence of trillions of cause and effects beyond a reasonable doubt.

As for things on a very small scale in which you are not smart enough to figure out the cause for, should NOT cause you to run to the conclusion something comes from nothing. That is the height of arrogance.

so your just going to run a god of the gaps argument. that's so sad.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
13-08-2014, 02:49 AM
(13-08-2014 02:45 AM)hbl Wrote:  blah...blah...blah...No evidence...blah blah God of the gaps...blah...ignore that statement.

Again.. Yes we do?

Is this guy even listining to me right now? Do the words that come out of my keyboard go in his eyes and out his ass..

SUB ATOMIC PARTICLES.

Maybe that will get his attention.

Seriously?! We SEEN something coming from nothing. We may not know everything about how and WHY it works like that, but see have seen it. Just like we seen lightning and knew it existed, but didn't know what, how, or why it worked originally. Eventually we will know the answers.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
13-08-2014, 02:50 AM
(13-08-2014 02:48 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  so your just going to run a god of the gaps argument.

There is no gap. Since nature can't start up from nothing, nor can it always exist, logically, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is what we call God.
13-08-2014, 02:51 AM
(13-08-2014 02:49 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  We SEEN something coming from nothing. We may not know everything about how and WHY it works like that, but see have seen it.

Like I said just because you are not smart enough to see the cause for something on a very small scale should not cause you to leap to the conclusion it comes from nothing. That is the height of arrogance.

And so we are left with the fact that non-existence can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. That which does not exist can't cause anything.

Square circles can't cause anything because they don't exist.
13-08-2014, 02:51 AM
(13-08-2014 02:50 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 02:48 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  so your just going to run a god of the gaps argument.

There is no gap. Since nature can't start up from nothing, nor can it always exist, logically, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is what we call God.

[Image: trollestia4.jpg?1308103005]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-08-2014, 02:52 AM
(13-08-2014 02:50 AM)hbl Wrote:  

God of the Gaps argument is when you assert god into the spaces inbetween what we do not already know or what science cannot yet explain.

You are also guilty of this.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post