Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
04-08-2014, 09:53 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(04-08-2014 03:43 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 03:28 AM)hbl Wrote:  Obviously, you don't know what's best for you otherwise you would never be selfish or sin.

So find out how to live from Whom is greater than you after all He created you.

When you come out the other side of the door looking back to what you are now it will be like night and day. You could never go back as I can't go back to being an unregenerate. Your inner being will be changed and your feeling will be renewed.

And all you have to do is give your life to Christ.

Like I said, unacceptable answers.
Perhaps removing your own head from your own ass will help you to look back on what was pure foolishness by believing a myth with such devotion.

Give my life to christ?
Give the one life I have right now in hopes that some fairy-tale heaven/paradise delusion exists, or forget all that bull and live my life free of the guilt and hatred religion offers.
That's funny!

"And all you have to do i give your life to Christ."

I'd rather give my life to crusts.....like pie crusts.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Jesus came to me in a dream last night.

I was doing a pretty mediocre strip tease, but he just got way too excited and popped as soon as I rubbed up against him.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
04-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Something smells of a Jeremy Walker puppet - or maybe all special pleading and quote mining just look the same, over and over again!.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
04-08-2014, 10:01 AM
These theists are like a damaged record...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 10:20 AM
lets all sing the fairy tale together shall we?

"jesus exists because the bible says so, god exists because the bible says so"...(circular reasoning song of the century, sung by every dipshit believer who is unable to articulate and validate their faith beyond the "bible says so" or the infamous GODDIDIT argument)now don't clutter your pretty little minds up with facts like no one who wrote of jesus met him, the gospels were written long after the alleged mythical jesus died, and no contemporary evidence exists to support a jesus of Nazareth, and don't get me started with dismantling the books one by one and I won't even bother tearing down the creation of the OT (written by priests around 750 BCE if my memory doesn't fail me)as someone else did that (I think it was Robby pants but I could be wrong) on here before quite well.

This troll does sound like another sock puppet of Jeremy who I took to the woodshed several times before he was banned.....hmmmm

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-08-2014, 10:25 AM
(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  The reason I don't believe in atheism is because something can't come from nothing.

Indeed, which is why I stopped reading after that sentence because nothing worth listening to could follow that trite and frequently misconstrued strawman.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
04-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Tartarus is always saucy, I love it Thumbsup hehe

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-08-2014, 10:47 AM
(04-08-2014 01:46 AM)hbl Wrote:  I am not assuming no evidence to the non-existence of God for not knowing about it. On the contrary, I know there is no evidence for the non-existence of God, because the evidence points to the existence of God; therefore, that evidence tells us there is no evidence for the non-existence of God.

There is indeed no evidence for the non-existence of god. However, if there's no evidence for the existence of god, either, then it's a wash. God is about as real as leprechauns, fairies and flying pink unicorns. Prove they don't exist.

(04-08-2014 01:46 AM)hbl Wrote:  You can apply this evidence experientially by realizing you are unable to overturn that evidence provided in the opening post.

Ok, so what evidence did you provide for god's existence? I summarized your post. Feel free to expand on it if I missed any important bits.

(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  
  • The reason I don't believe in atheism is because something can't come from nothing.
  • And nature can't always have existed either, because if it did, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now in an infinite regression of cause and effects, so you should have already happened.
  • Moreover, infinite regress is inherently self-contradictory because if there was this past eternity of cause and effects as part of nature, the universe or universes, then a past eternity should continue to go on for eternity, never reaching this point in the here and now. Thus, past eternity is a man made construct, but doesn't exist in reality.
  • Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.

Hm. You didn't so much provide evidence for god's existence as argue that there couldn't possibly be any other valid explanation for the universe. In other words, you're arguing from ignorance. That falls way short of providing any actual evidence. Facepalm

Did anyone mention the bible? Do you believe the bible to be written by prophets, the inspired work of God? It still remains to prove that anything other than men had a hand in the creation of the bible. It doesn't look inspired by an omniscient, perfect creator, when that book actually contains contradictions in science, history, morality and itself.

Well, I can understand why you don't believe in science, now. Or you'd have ditched the bible, already. Rolleyes

So, no actual evidence of god's existence provided. God is a flying pink unicorn.
04-08-2014, 10:48 AM
(04-08-2014 09:58 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Something smells of a Jeremy Walker puppet - or maybe all special pleading and quote mining just look the same, over and over again!.

I was wondering the same thing. They are after all exactly the same arguments and the two posters are just as boring.
04-08-2014, 11:30 AM
(04-08-2014 10:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 09:58 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Something smells of a Jeremy Walker puppet - or maybe all special pleading and quote mining just look the same, over and over again!.

I was wondering the same thing. They are after all exactly the same arguments and the two posters are just as boring.

Not JW. The writiing and logic style is too different, even if the content is similar. JW at least developed his bad arguments into something halfway coherent.