Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
13-08-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(13-08-2014 02:50 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 02:48 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  so your just going to run a god of the gaps argument.

There is no gap. Since nature can't start up from nothing, nor can it always exist, logically, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is what we call God.

That's what is termed 'special pleading'. Maybe the universe is the uncreated creation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 05:54 AM

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2014, 07:07 AM
(13-08-2014 02:50 AM)hbl Wrote:  There is no gap. Since nature can't start up from nothing,
Where does it say that?
(13-08-2014 02:50 AM)hbl Wrote:  nor can it always exist
Where does it say that?
(13-08-2014 02:50 AM)hbl Wrote:  logically, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is what we call God.
That's funny, science has a different name for the thing. They call it the Singularity.
It too also existed outside space and time.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
13-08-2014, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 02:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-08-2014 02:50 AM)hbl Wrote:  There is no gap. Since nature can't start up from nothing ...logically, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is what we call God.

Wrong, wrong, and once more wrong.
"Start up" is a temporal concept. "Outside" is a spatial concept.
After using two concepts which are applicble with spacetime ALREADY in place, you assert they are operant without their fundamental *priors* (assumptions).
Therefore, your two statements are meaningless.

The fundamental nature of Reality has been proven to be non-intuitive to human brains, (Uncertainty, Relativity, the tensors/matricies of Dirac). Therefore what is "logical" (by which you really mean what "appears to be intuitively consistent", not REALLY "logically") cannot, without further evidence, be assumed.

That's what your "god of the gaps" notion calls "god" as you can't think of anything more original, or better, to call it.

So. Unfortunately for you, High BS Level, all your beleifs are built on shifting sand, incorrect false assumptions, and ignorance (of ancient Near Eastern Literature).

Sucks to be you. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-08-2014, 07:38 AM
Do we have any evidence that HBL actually understands anything anybody is saying to him?

I don't think so.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
13-08-2014, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 08:51 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
without "god"..................

[Image: dwqux5.jpg]

anyone else notice how he doesn't have the ability or the spine to refute the overwhelming beat down I have delivered to him over the length of this thread? Typical delusional, low intelligence creationist who avoids facts that inconveniently debunk all of his faith rantings by closing his eyes to evidence and singing louder his faith song " I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, because rev bob told me sooooo, and I got a book to prove it!" Just sad, I get it though, psychologically it makes sense, cover your fear and inner doubt by claiming loudly you truly believe, to try to fool yourself into believing the delusion...ahhh drink the kool aid hbl, drink the kool aid...

[Image: 23h7ea8.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
13-08-2014, 08:55 AM
(13-08-2014 08:41 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  without "god"..................

anyone else notice how he doesn't have the ability or the spine to refute the overwhelming beat down I have delivered to him over the length of this thread? Typical delusional, low intelligence creationist who avoids facts that inconveniently debunk all of his faith rantings by closing his eyes to evidence and singing louder his faith song " I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, because rev bob told me sooooo, and I got a book to prove it!" Just sad, I get it though, psychologically it makes sense, cover your fear and inner doubt by claiming loudly you truly believe, to try to fool yourself into believing the delusion...ahhh drink the kool aid hbl, drink the kool aid...

I used to like the kool-aid but i had to quite it long ago..... logically of cource.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
13-08-2014, 09:38 AM
(13-08-2014 08:41 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  without "god"..................

Anyone read 1984? I think ingsoc is a lot like religion. Especially when it comes to doublethink and when the party says 2+2=5. He believes it...oh wait....I remember a video of a religious man saying that about the bible. I wonder if I can find it somewhere again.

EDIT
OH WAIT~! I found it

Its in the Questioning Darwin Movie.

[Image: wpid-Photo-Feb-18-2014-802-PM.jpg]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
13-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I love those 2+2=5 things from theists.

All that demonstrates is that you don't know what math is. Wink

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
13-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Re: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
To be honest, when folk like this appear I have a morbid desire to read their deluded ramblings but it also frightens me slightly that they are walking among us.

I tend to block out the fact that there are many millions of hbls wandering about unless I happen upon a street preacher or the JWs knock on my door once a year. It's like a wake up call to keep my guard up I suppose.

I'm not one for censorship but couldn't we lobby our governments for anyone that identifies as religious to be given read only access to the internet. Stop them gathering in groups of more than 2. Make home schooling a criminal offence. You know, things like that.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user