Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
13-08-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(13-08-2014 10:03 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  To be honest, when folk like this appear I have a morbid desire to read their deluded ramblings but it also frightens me slightly that they are walking among us.

I tend to block out the fact that there are many millions of hbls wandering about unless I happen upon a street preacher or the JWs knock on my door once a year. It's like a wake up call to keep my guard up I suppose.

I'm not one for censorship but couldn't we lobby our governments for anyone that identifies as religious to be given read only access to the internet. Stop them gathering in groups of more than 2. Make home schooling a criminal offence. You know, things like that.

I'm against persecution of anybody, but I believe I could make an exception in this case.

Can I take out a PFA on this jerk?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 11:10 AM
(13-08-2014 10:03 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  To be honest, when folk like this appear I have a morbid desire to read their deluded ramblings but it also frightens me slightly that they are walking among us.

I tend to block out the fact that there are many millions of hbls wandering about unless I happen upon a street preacher or the JWs knock on my door once a year. It's like a wake up call to keep my guard up I suppose.

I'm not one for censorship but couldn't we lobby our governments for anyone that identifies as religious to be given read only access to the internet. Stop them gathering in groups of more than 2. Make home schooling a criminal offence. You know, things like that.

you know I was home schooled and I turned out fine.. lol

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
13-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(13-08-2014 10:38 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I'm against persecution of anybody, but I believe I could make an exception in this case.

My suggestions were slightly tongue in cheek (apart from read only access - I like that one).

Just depends how far up or down the liberal scale you sit I suppose. I'm sliding more to the right but only because sitting around and smiling while allowing religious fundies to fuck the world up for our children tends to piss me off if I'm honest.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2014, 11:21 AM
(13-08-2014 11:10 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  you know I was home schooled and I turned out fine.. lol
I'm pleased you turned out well. Unfortunately the alternative outcome is perhaps more likely and certainly more worrying.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
13-08-2014, 12:12 PM
(13-08-2014 11:13 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 10:38 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I'm against persecution of anybody, but I believe I could make an exception in this case.

My suggestions were slightly tongue in cheek (apart from read only access - I like that one).

Just depends how far up or down the liberal scale you sit I suppose. I'm sliding more to the right but only because sitting around and smiling while allowing religious fundies to fuck the world up for our children tends to piss me off if I'm honest.

Suppress the ideas and opinions of others? Is that wise?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
13-08-2014, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 12:39 PM by TubbyTubby.)
(13-08-2014 12:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Suppress the ideas and opinions of others? Is that wise?
I understand where you are going here but it can't be as black and white as that. Freedom of speech or opinion is fine and dandy but it doesn't seem to be working so well when those (religious) groups that vigorously oppose the opinions of others then see fit to hide behind the very law that permits it when it suits them.
You are welcome to book yourself a speakers slot in your local church and talk about evolution are you?

Using Tapatalk
13-08-2014, 12:54 PM
(13-08-2014 12:36 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 12:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Suppress the ideas and opinions of others? Is that wise?
I understand where you are going here but it can't be as black and white as that. Freedom of speech or opinion is fine and dandy but it doesn't seem to be working so well when those (religious) groups that vigorously oppose the opinions of others then see fit to hide behind the very law that permits it when it suits them.
You are welcome to book yourself a speakers slot in your local church and talk about evolution are you?

I'm only recommending caution when drawing boundaries. I'm not advocating unfettered freedom. Although I admit my comment wasn't clear on that.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
13-08-2014, 01:18 PM
(13-08-2014 12:54 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm only recommending caution when drawing boundaries. I'm not advocating unfettered freedom. Although I admit my comment wasn't clear on that.
It's not even about unfettered freedom. Your local christian cult/church/group operate inside their bubble of theocracy but within the safety of a wider free thinking community and then scream abuse when someone threatens their ideals. This hypocrisy is what I don't accept and never will.

hbl is a direct result of secretive christian cults and to my mind appears to have mental issues (either caused before his indoctrination or after I don't know). If you think that this brand of freedom of speech has any place in the modern world then you are just as much at fault I'm afraid.

Using Tapatalk
13-08-2014, 02:24 PM
(13-08-2014 09:38 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 08:41 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  without "god"..................

[Image: dwqux5.jpg]

anyone else notice how he doesn't have the ability or the spine to refute the overwhelming beat down I have delivered to him over the length of this thread? Typical delusional, low intelligence creationist who avoids facts that inconveniently debunk all of his faith rantings by closing his eyes to evidence and singing louder his faith song " I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, because rev bob told me sooooo, and I got a book to prove it!" Just sad, I get it though, psychologically it makes sense, cover your fear and inner doubt by claiming loudly you truly believe, to try to fool yourself into believing the delusion...ahhh drink the kool aid hbl, drink the kool aid...

[Image: 23h7ea8.jpg]

Anyone read 1984? I think ingsoc is a lot like religion. Especially when it comes to doublethink and when the party says 2+2=5. He believes it...oh wait....I remember a video of a religious man saying that about the bible. I wonder if I can find it somewhere again.

EDIT
OH WAIT~! I found it

Its in the Questioning Darwin Movie.

[Image: wpid-Photo-Feb-18-2014-802-PM.jpg]

I wonder if this fool gets that he's agreeing with Dr. Krauss, who wears a t-shirt which says 2+2=5. Tongue

The first video is the same thing WLC says here, (I always think it's hilarious he fancies himself as a "research professor" ... *as if* being a Presuppositionalist requires "research" in anything Facepalm )

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-08-2014, 03:52 PM
(13-08-2014 11:13 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  My suggestions were slightly tongue in cheek (apart from read only access - I like that one).
Read only access... no! There are better ways than limiting free speech. Dodgy Plus, if such a thing was ever allowed, what would stop others from doing exactly the same thing to atheists? Or to homosexuals? Or to... see the point? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post