Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
13-08-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(13-08-2014 03:52 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 11:13 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  My suggestions were slightly tongue in cheek (apart from read only access - I like that one).
Read only access... no! There are better ways than limiting free speech. Dodgy Plus, if such a thing was ever allowed, what would stop others from doing exactly the same thing to atheists? Or to homosexuals? Or to... see the point? Consider

I was going to say almost exactly this, but you beat me to it!

Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 04:21 PM
(13-08-2014 07:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Start up" is a temporal concept. "Outside" is a spatial concept.

'Start up' is not exclusively a temporal concept, nor is 'outside' only a spatial concept. You just assumed so. So let us let the evidence lead us where it may if we are humble and sincere.

The evidence we do have are trillions of cause and effects in nature, and no hard evidence of something from nothing. So anything in nature always needs a cause from something. Since non-existence is not anything, non-existence can't bring about the existence of nature.

And since the universe can't always have existed, it needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is what were refer to as God who STARTED UP the universe. So God is proven to be true, is the author of life, and atheists are proven to be delusional.

Since we have the right God in mind, it also tells us that you are going to Hell, because you are too selfish to give your life to Christ. That's your free choice with nobody to blame but yourself. You're a bad guy! And just as we have to lock up some people in jail for life you need to be locked up in Hell for eternity so you can't harm God's elect.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Praise the Lord for this discernment! Amen.
13-08-2014, 04:26 PM
I would seriously consider praising the lord if he would make you go away.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
13-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Fuck this troll is boring. He doesn't respond to anything, just posts his own shit and ignores everything else. I'm at a loss how to come up with fun ways to respond to him.

Can we have a new troll please admin?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
13-08-2014, 04:33 PM
(13-08-2014 04:23 PM)hbl Wrote:  Praise the Lord for this discernment! Amen.

aww...crap...he's back
Battle Stations everyone!

[Image: tumblr_ln2gs7YyqP1qafrh6.gif]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
13-08-2014, 05:00 PM
(13-08-2014 04:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  'Start up' is not exclusively a temporal concept, nor is 'outside' only a spatial concept. You just assumed so. So let us let the evidence lead us where it may if we are humble and sincere.

Being "humble and sincere are" is your judgmental infantile way of saying"no I'm morally superior than you", stomping your 2 year-old foot, and saying "no". They are both temporal and spatial.

out·side
ˈoutˈsīd/
noun
noun: outside; plural noun: outsides; noun: out-side; plural noun: out-sides

the external side or surface of something.
"record the date on the outside of the file"
synonyms: outer/external surface, exterior, outer side/layer, case, skin, shell, covering, facade More
"the outside of the building"
the side of a bend or curve where the edge or surface is longer in extent.
the side of a racetrack further from the center, where the lanes are longer.
the external appearance of someone or something.
"was he as straight as he appeared on the outside ?"
(in basketball) the area beyond the perimeter of the defense.
"he often set up the Lakers' plays from the outside"

adjective
adjective: outside; adjective: out-side

situated on or near the exterior or external surface of something.
"put the outside lights on"
synonyms: exterior, external, outer, outdoor, out-of-doors More
"outside lights"
Baseball
(of a pitch) passing home plate on the side of the plate away from the batter, not in the strike zone.
(in soccer and other sports) denoting positions nearer to the sides of the field.
(in basketball) taking place beyond the perimeter of the defense.
"he needs work on his outside shot"
not belonging to or coming from within a particular group.
"I have some outside help"
synonyms: independent, hired, temporary, freelance, casual, external, extramural More
"outside contractors"
beyond one's own immediate personal concerns.
"I was able to face the outside world again"
highest possible; greatest; maximum.
"new monthly charges that, according to outside estimates, may total $8 per line"

preposition & adverb
preposition: outside; adverb: outside; preposition: out-side

situated or moving beyond the boundaries or confines of.
"there was a boy outside the door"
synonyms: outdoors, out of doors, al fresco More
"they went outside"
antonyms: inside
not being a member of (a particular group).
"those of us outside the university"
(in football, soccer, and other sports) closer to the side of the field than (another player).
"Swift appeared outside him with Andrews on his left"
beyond the limits or scope of.
"the high cost of shipping has put it outside their price range"

(13-08-2014 04:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  The evidence we do have are trillions of cause and effects in nature, and no hard evidence of something from nothing. So anything in nature always needs a cause from something. Since non-existence is not anything, non-existence can't bring about the existence of nature.

It's not evidence if it doesn't apply. You have not demonstrated it does. Only that you CLAIM an exception, and by that EXCEPTION, you CLAIM your evidence applies. Your claim, as pointed out, is Special Pleading, AND you have not made the link. You claim you have, but no one EXCEPT you, would agree you have linked your claimed outcome with your evidence. You also have not addressed the problem of intuitive vs non-intuitive. You CLAIM is not legitimate. Your evidence does not apply to, or support your CLAIM.

(13-08-2014 04:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  Since we have the right God in mind, it also tells us that you are going to Hell, because you are too selfish to give your life to Christ. That's your free choice with nobody to blame but yourself. You're a bad guy! And just as we have to lock up some people in jail for life you need to be locked up in Hell for eternity so you can't harm God's elect.

You CLAIM you have the right god. You have provided not a shred of evidence she exists, or that she is the right one. ALl your CLAIMS are non-sequiturs, and evidence of nothing, except your mental disorder, underlying unresolved anger issues, need for cognitive closure, ambiguity intolerance, and the fact you are suffering from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect
something we here have observed many of you Fundie preacher types have in common.

Sucks to be you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-08-2014, 05:03 PM
(13-08-2014 04:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Fuck this troll is boring. He doesn't respond to anything, just posts his own shit and ignores everything else. I'm at a loss how to come up with fun ways to respond to him.

Can the new one have pretty lights? It'll be more interesting than the drab dull models that usually come through here. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-08-2014, 05:14 PM
(13-08-2014 05:03 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 04:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Fuck this troll is boring. He doesn't respond to anything, just posts his own shit and ignores everything else. I'm at a loss how to come up with fun ways to respond to him.

Can the new one have pretty lights? It'll be more interesting than the drab dull models that usually come through here. Drinking Beverage

And cue the sparkle pony meme...........

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
13-08-2014, 05:17 PM
(13-08-2014 04:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 07:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Start up" is a temporal concept. "Outside" is a spatial concept.

'Start up' is not exclusively a temporal concept, nor is 'outside' only a spatial concept. You just assumed so. So let us let the evidence lead us where it may if we are humble and sincere.

Yes, let's follow the evidence. You have not presented any at all - and you are nowhere.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]