Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
13-08-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
Please be advised that anyone annoyed with content of this thread are free to not post and place HBL on ignore.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-08-2014, 11:20 PM
(13-08-2014 10:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Please be advised that anyone annoyed with content of this thread are free to not post and place HBL on ignore.

Yes, this appears to be a common misconception. You are not required to read/participate in threads that you don't want to read/participate in and/or feel are a complete waste of time.

My own personal way of "getting around" reading/participating in such threads is to just not enter them once I realise I have no interest in them.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
13-08-2014, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 11:56 PM by hbl.)
(13-08-2014 10:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  As Per the forum rules: This applies to all posts made by members on the forum (see Information & Resources thread for policy on spambots). Spam is defined as 'repetitious posts or threads with the same or similar content'. The consequence of failing to comply with the policy is potentially having your account banned. Exceptions to the policy will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the Administration. The Administration rely upon the membership to identify offending behavior.

Please Hbl be advised that repeated copy/paste of the same posts or bible verses can be viewed as spam by the Forum Team. Thread closed temporarily.

Why did you choose to reopen the thread? Curious.

Atheists spam so much on this thread it is hardly bearable. It makes me want to leave.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2014, 11:56 PM
HBL, what is your goal here anyway? You came here to an atheist forum to do what? Convert? I could understand coming to speak on religion as theologians would but to try convert people who have already left your belief is just weak bro.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-08-2014, 11:59 PM
(13-08-2014 11:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  HBL, what is your goal here anyway? You came here to an atheist forum to do what? Convert? I could understand coming to speak on religion as theologians would but to try convert people who have already left your belief is just weak bro.

I think my first objective is to correct you on your mistaken assumptions.

For example, you said "people who have already left your belief." But that's impossible because my believe is OSAS, that is, those who are born-again "they shall never perish" (John 10.28) and so the Holy Spirit keeps me in His fold and nothing can take me away.

Perhaps you are referring to the RCC or WLC faith in which they claim they could lose the faith tomorrow. They are called Remonstrant.

I am an OSAS Arminian. In other words, God predestinates by foreknowing my free choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints, i.e. OSAS.
14-08-2014, 12:06 AM
(13-08-2014 11:52 PM)hbl Wrote:  It makes me want to leave.

[Image: t_c457489d8ff54ddb9b7941bf84c92968.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-08-2014, 12:12 AM
(03-08-2014 09:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You're assuming the "cause" No one claims this universe always existed in it's present form. Fail.

Let's review all the way back to the first page.

No. I am not assuming a cause. I am going with the evidence. The evidence tells me there are trillions of causes in nature, and no hard evidence of something from nothing which is an overwhelming preponderance of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

I am not arguing for the universe always existing in its present form. I am arguing for the law of cause and effect is never violated in nature.

Think about that.
14-08-2014, 12:18 AM
(13-08-2014 11:52 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 10:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  As Per the forum rules: This applies to all posts made by members on the forum (see Information & Resources thread for policy on spambots). Spam is defined as 'repetitious posts or threads with the same or similar content'. The consequence of failing to comply with the policy is potentially having your account banned. Exceptions to the policy will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the Administration. The Administration rely upon the membership to identify offending behavior.

Please Hbl be advised that repeated copy/paste of the same posts or bible verses can be viewed as spam by the Forum Team. Thread closed temporarily.

Why did you choose to reopen the thread? Curious.

Atheists spam so much on this thread it is hardly bearable. It makes me want to leave.

I said it would be closed temporarily. That means not permanently.

If you don't like dealing with atheists here, feel free to shoo.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-08-2014, 12:21 AM
Ok....
14-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(13-08-2014 03:52 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 11:13 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  My suggestions were slightly tongue in cheek (apart from read only access - I like that one).
Read only access... no! There are better ways than limiting free speech. Dodgy Plus, if such a thing was ever allowed, what would stop others from doing exactly the same thing to atheists? Or to homosexuals? Or to... see the point? Consider
Ok, I take back my read only internet proposition. Can we consider enforced contraception for people that believe in gods, angels or any other mythical beings?
Surely that would be acceptable?

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post