Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
14-08-2014, 02:55 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(14-08-2014 02:35 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  Ok, I take back my read only internet proposition. Can we consider enforced contraception for people that believe in gods, angels or any other mythical beings?
Surely that would be acceptable?

No problem with that.

Also we could round them up and put them in camps...

... only while they are awaiting their sterilisation procedure, of course. Angel

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-08-2014, 03:25 AM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(14-08-2014 02:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  No problem with that.

Also we could round them up and put them in camps...

... only while they are awaiting their sterilisation procedure, of course. Angel
Not permanent sterilisation straight off, that's a bit harsh. I was thinking temporary until they sign off as apostate then let them breed.
Of course, you would need to electronically tag them to ensure they don't congregate with other 'de-converts'. That would probably merit a permanent sterilisation and any offspring be moved to confirmed atheist families.
Perhaps I'm painting a bleak glimpse into the future?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
14-08-2014, 03:39 AM
(13-08-2014 11:59 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 11:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  HBL, what is your goal here anyway? You came here to an atheist forum to do what? Convert? I could understand coming to speak on religion as theologians would but to try convert people who have already left your belief is just weak bro.

I think my first objective is to correct you on your mistaken assumptions.

For example, you said "people who have already left your belief." But that's impossible because my believe is OSAS, that is, those who are born-again "they shall never perish" (John 10.28) and so the Holy Spirit keeps me in His fold and nothing can take me away.

Perhaps you are referring to the RCC or WLC faith in which they claim they could lose the faith tomorrow. They are called Remonstrant.

I am an OSAS Arminian. In other words, God predestinates by foreknowing my free choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints, i.e. OSAS.

OK it's nice you have an actual label for your whack-a-do nonsense but we have been waiting over 136 pages now for you to demonstrate anything you say is true or properly sourced or fuck even poorly sourced. Really sourced at all.

No made up explanations are not demonstrations. No Bible verses are not demonstrations. No, endlessly repeating the same talking points that no one buys is not a demonstration. No telling me I'm going to hell is not a demonstration. No talking about "something can't come from nothing" is not a demonstration. No making assertions and lies are not demonstrations.

Now demonstrate a single thing you claim. Provide a corroborating source for any facet of Jesus' life OUTSIDE the bible or those written by Christians and then list the source BY NAME. Find that: go hit google, let me know what you get.

If you come back with ANYTHING less then that, or if you try to list as a demonstration those things I just told you are NOT demonstrations, I will know that your not happy to be a failure on youtube alone and that's why your here. To embarrass yourself some more. Now run a long and do as your told.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
14-08-2014, 03:47 AM
(14-08-2014 12:12 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You're assuming the "cause" No one claims this universe always existed in it's present form. Fail.

Let's review all the way back to the first page.

No. I am not assuming a cause. I am going with the evidence. The evidence tells me there are trillions of causes in nature, and no hard evidence of something from nothing which is an overwhelming preponderance of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

I am not arguing for the universe always existing in its present form. I am arguing for the law of cause and effect is never violated in nature.

Think about that.

I thought about it, and it's fucking stupid. Even if I grant you every single thing here as true (it's not) it's a walk in the park to show exactly where and why you are wrong. Which I would be happy to do if I thought for a second you were capable of listening, capable of learning, capable of not quoting fucking stupid verses from your fucking stupid book of made up shit, or capable of admitting you have been bumblefuckingly wrong.

You say that something can't come from nothing. So you are saying that before there was something there was nothing. Now when you say nothing do you mean nothing nothing? The complete lack of anything physical or conceptual?
Do you mean nothing at all at all when you say nothing?
14-08-2014, 03:59 AM
His first topic got locked at 10:31 for spam. At 10:34 he starts a new thread with the exact same topic and the exact same spam. At 11:10 (half hour later) he starts a 3rd thread with the exact same topic and the exact same spam. By 11:52 he is back in his first thread...spamming the same "arguments" that just got his thread locked.

Can we get this jack ass out of here? Banish him back to his fail channel on youtube.
14-08-2014, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 07:12 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-08-2014 12:12 AM)hbl Wrote:  I am not arguing for the universe always existing in its present form. I am arguing for the law of cause and effect is never violated in nature.

Think about that.

You're assuming that this universe, and what is observed ("nature") INSIDE this universe, is the totality of physical reality. You have no reason to assume that. Cosmologists routinely talk about other universes, and multiverses. You're assuming what you observe AT A DISTANCE about a singularity, (which has been been proven to be false) is the SAME, as AT the singularity. You use "external to" (a spatial reference), and "caused" (a temporal reference) to refer to a situation to which those words do not apply, and cannot apply, ("before" space time is the same as talking about south of the South Pole). Dr. Sean Carroll explained this to WLC in their debate. You obviously are unable to get it, or think in terms other than your Presuppositiionalism. BTW, virtual particles need have no "cause", so your presumed "observation" is incorrect.

See 1 hour:21 minutes in, if you can't watch the whole thing.

You're still wrong. Still saying the same thing as you did at the beginning of this thread. Repeating the same false references does not make them true. You are unable to learn.

Sucks to be you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2014, 04:52 AM
(13-08-2014 10:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 10:18 PM)hbl Wrote:  It's difficult to reason with insane people, i.e. atheists.

Difficult but not impossible. Why not give it a try?

Quote:TTA’s forum is a place for discussion. It exists to provide conversation, support, encouragement, information and community to the atheist, the agnostic, the freethinker and all those interested in seeking knowledge and wisdom.

TTA’s forum indirectly also exists as a place where wavering, intellectually honest theists can read the views, no, statements of fundamentalists and ... reject them.

Thumbsup

I think the point was made long ago and this thread, and the poster, no longer serve any useful function.

Time to ban him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-08-2014, 04:53 AM
(13-08-2014 10:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Please be advised that anyone annoyed with content of this thread are free to not post and place HBL on ignore.

Not good enough.

14-08-2014, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 05:32 AM by TheInquisition.)
Summary of this thread:

[Image: Train%20Wreck%20in%20Wind%20River%20Canyon%202.jpg]

IMO, the mods have been extremely generous to hbl, but it's time to put this horse to pasture.

[Image: horse-bahia.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
14-08-2014, 05:57 AM
(14-08-2014 05:29 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  IMO, the mods have been extremely generous to hbl, but it's time to put this horse to pasture.

[Image: horse-bahia.jpg]

This horse needs to be put down. Drinking Beverage