Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
14-08-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(14-08-2014 11:27 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 11:18 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Then they must have always been here in some form or another. Much simpler and more elegant than postulating an eternal being

You energy potential theory could not always have been there because if there was this alleged infinite regress of cause and effects, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now so you should have already happened. Therefore, energy in nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated by the uncreated Creator. Maintaining this contradiction of yours is hardly elegant. It is self-contradictory cognitive dissonance, a form of delusion.

Fuck. I just got trolled.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-08-2014, 11:53 PM
(14-08-2014 11:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  Fuck. I just got trolled.

I'm sorry to hear that. But why take it out on me and troll me? Get lost deadbeat!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2014, 11:54 PM
(14-08-2014 11:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 11:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  Fuck. I just got trolled.

I'm sorry to hear that. But why take it out on me and troll me? Get lost deadbeat!

I invite you to fuck yourself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-08-2014, 12:03 AM
(duplicate -- Mods, please delete)
15-08-2014, 12:04 AM
(14-08-2014 11:27 PM)hbl Wrote:  You energy potential theory could not always have been there because if there was this alleged infinite regress of cause and effects, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now so you should have already happened.

So what if I did come into being before now? The funny thing about eternity is that if I could come into existence once, I could do it an infinite number of times. It doesn't matter, because this body I'm currently in only remembers things from the current lifetime and so it all seems brand sparkling new --

-- Wait a minute. Didn't I say something like that last time? Wink

I say again, hbl, with a slight paraphrase:

- A god without energy doesn't even have the power to think, let alone create something.

- A god with energy cannot create from nothingness.

Either way, your "uncreated creator" is simply not needed. Would you kindly ask it to stop by My office for its layoff notice?
15-08-2014, 01:02 AM
If you say that something can't come from nothing then you defeat your own belief. Because if the universe needs a cause, that means God needs a cause. And if you say that God doesn't need one because he's always existed, then why can't the universe have always existed? It's far more probable (using Occam's Razor here) that an entire universe has always existed than an omnibenevolent, omniscient, omnipresent, all- powerful being has always existed. By definition that's the most complicated thing that can exist and therefore the least likely.
15-08-2014, 01:22 AM
All trolling/counter trolling aside,
hbl, I assume you are at least genuine in the fact that you're a christian. However, I am curious as to why people like you come here to troll. I'm being sincere, what is missing in your head? Do you get bullied? Are you socially incompetent? Does the world frighten you? I've never understood what compels someone to be a complete and utter wanker like this? I'm reasonably certain it's non christ like too.... I could be wrong, you may well be socially affluent, well balanced, with excellent relationships amongst your friends and peers but that just isn't how I picture you.

Anyway, please carry on.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
15-08-2014, 01:29 AM
(15-08-2014 12:04 AM)Astreja Wrote:  The funny thing about eternity is that if I could come into existence once, I could do it an infinite number of times.

The you that you are at any given time is the only you that you are at that time so it is the only time you could be the you are then. So if infinite regress were true you would have already happened.

Christians don't believe God creates from nothingness. We believe He creates from out of Himself.
15-08-2014, 01:48 AM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(15-08-2014 01:29 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 12:04 AM)Astreja Wrote:  The funny thing about eternity is that if I could come into existence once, I could do it an infinite number of times.

The you that you are at any given time is the only you that you are at that time so it is the only time you could be the you are then. So if infinite regress were true you would have already happened.

Christians don't believe God creates from nothingness. We believe He creates from out of Himself.

Is that God finite or infinite?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2014, 01:49 AM
(15-08-2014 01:48 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 01:29 AM)hbl Wrote:  The you that you are at any given time is the only you that you are at that time so it is the only time you could be the you are then. So if infinite regress were true you would have already happened.

Is that God finite or infinite?

God is infinite outside of time and space.