Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
16-08-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(16-08-2014 12:35 PM)phil.a Wrote:  Hey people:

I give credibility to someone's ideas with my actions whenever I argue with them.

Reason cannot penetrate a mind that has not yet learned how to reason. It's irrational to attempt rational debate with someone who lacks a capacity for rational debate.

(I suggest giving up?)

Phil

He's more or less a curiosity. Smile
[Image: 200_zpsc8401639.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 06:44 PM
(16-08-2014 03:10 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Writings of the Gospels: Mark (60 to 75 CE), Matthew (80 to 90 CE), Luke (80 to 90 CE based on the Gospels of Mark), and John (80 to 110 CE)

Your dates are impossible because the Apostles died in the Neronian persecutions around 65 AD so they were written before then. Transmission of their experiences is best done while they are alive to impart their experiences.

Luke identifies himself as the writer of Acts, "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach" (Acts 1.1). He is referring to his former work which was the gospel of Luke. Therein he says, "It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus" (Luke 1.3).

Since Luke didn't mention Paul's death in Acts it is because at the time of writing it hadn't happened yet. Therefore, Acts was written around 50-55 AD. Luke's former work the gospel of Luke, therefore was written before then around 40-45 AD. But since Luke took from Mark in part that places Mark around 35 AD just 2 years after the cross. Peter was also with Mark so 1 & 2 Peter were written a few years after the cross.

There is no reason for people to consider your late dating. You need a reason. You haven't given any. So we can be confident in this evidence I have provided.

There are two other important points to consider. The earliest known still surviving papyri is dated late 1st century, and you can quote all the verses of the NT from the early church fathers in the late 1st and 2nd centuries. Therefore, the books of the NT had to have been written a considerable time before then.

Hope that helps.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(16-08-2014 06:44 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 03:10 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Writings of the Gospels: Mark (60 to 75 CE), Matthew (80 to 90 CE), Luke (80 to 90 CE based on the Gospels of Mark), and John (80 to 110 CE)

Your dates are impossible because the Apostles died in the Neronian persecutions around 65 AD so they were written before then. Transmission of their experiences is best done while they are alive to impart their experiences.

Luke identifies himself as the writer of Acts, "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach" (Acts 1.1). He is referring to his former work which was the gospel of Luke. Therein he says, "It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus" (Luke 1.3).

Since Luke didn't mention Paul's death in Acts it is because at the time of writing it hadn't happened yet. Therefore, Acts was written around 50-55 AD. Luke's former work the gospel of Luke, therefore was written before then around 40-45 AD. But since Luke took from Mark in part that places Mark around 35 AD just 2 years after the cross. Peter was also with Mark so 1 & 2 Peter were written a few years after the cross.

There is no reason for people to consider your late dating. You need a reason. You haven't given any. So we can be confident in this evidence I have provided.

There are two other important points to consider. The earliest known still surviving papyri is dated late 1st century, and you can quote all the verses of the NT from the early church fathers in the late 1st and 2nd centuries. Therefore, the books of the NT had to have been written a considerable time before then.

Hope that helps.

Would be impossible if they were guaranteed to have been written by said apostles.

It's noteworthy that some Bibles in print even doubt that they're directly of eyewitnesses. It's only a belief.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-08-2014, 07:13 PM
What's absolutely hilarious is he is leaving such a clear and undeniable trail of idiocy , dishonesty, lies, slanders, and threats that almost anyone who is on the fence about becoming an atheist is, after reading hbls fail collection, far more likely to reject the god claim.

He is actually helping to spread atheism. I finds it most amusing.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
16-08-2014, 07:24 PM
(16-08-2014 07:13 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Would be impossible if they were guaranteed to have been written by said apostles.

It's noteworthy that some Bibles in print even doubt that they're directly of eyewitnesses. It's only a belief.

I am glad you couldn't show an impossibility of the Apostles as being the authors. Critics need evidence. You have none.

There no versions of the Bible that question the authenticity of the eyewitness Apostles. People simply don't willingly die for what they know is a lie. The first churches were built on the resurrection of Jesus and martyrdom ensued. James was the first of the Apostles in Acts to be murdered for his eyewitness testimony of seeing Jesus alive from the dead. Extra-Biblical sources record the martyrdom of the rest of the Apostles. They never changed their view.

So it is more than just a belief, but eyewitness testimony. This is what makes Christianity unique.
16-08-2014, 07:30 PM
(16-08-2014 07:24 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 07:13 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Would be impossible if they were guaranteed to have been written by said apostles.

I am glad you couldn't show an impossibility of the Apostles as being the authors. Critics need evidence. You have none.

There no versions of the Bible that question the authenticity of the eyewitness Apostles. People simply don't willingly die for what they know is a lie. The first churches were built on the resurrection of Jesus and martyrdom ensued. James was the first of the Apostles in Acts to be murdered for his eyewitness testimony of seeing Jesus alive from the dead. Extra-Biblical sources record the martyrdom of the rest of the Apostles. They never changed their view.

So it is more than just a belief, but eyewitness testimony. This is what makes Christianity unique.

Glad to see you don't understand what impossible means.

Nor a lie? You know it's possible people died for a belief that wasn't what some others thought their belief was right?

16-08-2014, 07:36 PM
(16-08-2014 07:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  impossible

a lie? You know it's possible people died for a belief that wasn't what some others thought their belief was right?

I am glad to see you have no evidence to support your claim it is impossible. At least understand God considers this the perfect proof which is why you are having such a hard time to back up your claim of impossible.

We aren't talking about second generation Apostles, but the first Apostles, you know those guys and gals who spent 3 years with Jesus and who saw Jesus alive from the dead who were martyred, never changing their testimony.

Second generation Apostles knew the first generation Apostles personally, e.g. Clement of Rome knew Peter and Polycarp was a student of John.
16-08-2014, 07:46 PM
(16-08-2014 07:24 PM)hbl Wrote:  

You have got to be the biggest retarded fucking faggot I have ever encountered. You make Phone Operators seem intelligent!

You make Madonna or heck, You make Bush seem intelligent.
Please just stfu and leave.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
16-08-2014, 07:48 PM
(16-08-2014 07:36 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 07:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  impossible

a lie? You know it's possible people died for a belief that wasn't what some others thought their belief was right?

I am glad to see you have no evidence to support your claim it is impossible. At least understand God considers this the perfect proof which is why you are having such a hard time to back up your claim of impossible.

We aren't talking about second generation Apostles, but the first Apostles, you know those guys and gals who spent 3 years with Jesus and who saw Jesus alive from the dead who were martyred, never changing their testimony.

Second generation Apostles knew the first generation Apostles personally, e.g. Clement of Rome knew Peter and Polycarp was a student of John.

Good thing I've never claimed somethings impossible then huh?

Are you efficient at reading English?

16-08-2014, 07:51 PM
(16-08-2014 07:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Good thing I've never claimed somethings impossible then huh?

It's impossible for group hallucinations to occur, and it's impossible for people to willingly die for what they know is a lie.

This is God's proof.