Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
04-08-2014, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 10:23 PM by hbl.)
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(04-08-2014 10:01 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Not proven. I could easily have duplicates all over the multiverse.

It is proven the only time and space you are now since another time or space is not here and now. No duplicate because a duplicate needs same time and space making it impossible.

Therefore, atheism is false.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 10:33 PM
(04-08-2014 10:19 PM)hbl Wrote:  It is proven the only time and space you are now since another time or space is not here and now.

And with those words, sirrah, you have destroyed your own argument. You can't have it both ways: You can't claim that infinite regress is "impossible" while simultaneously dismissing recurrences with slight variations.

To be consistent, you should say something along the lines of "In an infinite time line, it is highly unlikely for any given event to recur at exactly the same coordinates." If you go on to assert that nothing can occur twice at the same time, then it's pointless to claim (as in the OP) "you should have already happened." To paraphrase, any "you" that did happen isn't the same "you" as the one existing currently. In other words, you shot yourself in the foot with that line of reasoning.

Needless to say, none of your arguments advance the silly hypothesis that one particular mythological stream from the Middle East has anything to do with real gods.
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
04-08-2014, 10:45 PM
(04-08-2014 10:19 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 10:01 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Not proven. I could easily have duplicates all over the multiverse.

It is proven the only time and space you are now since another time or space is not here and now. No duplicate because a duplicate needs same time and space making it impossible.

Therefore, atheism is false.

Completely false. There is also no absolute reference for spacetime, proven by Einstein. That's why it's called "Relativity".
(It also has NOTHING whatsoever to do with atheism).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 10:50 PM
If you are certain of your faith, then be honest about it. Start a thread saying "Protestantism is true!" or whatever, and then present your evidence. This is just silly word games. Even if we pretend god is the only viable explanation for how "something can come from nothing" (gross oversimplification). Which god is it? How do you know?

Atheist don't have to prove anything because we don't claim anything. The universe appears to have began from a point of singularity. This is observable. How it began we don't know. Feel free to fill us in.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
04-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Hot dogs come in packages of 8. Hot dog buns come in packages of 10, therefore Christianity is false.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 11 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-08-2014, 11:01 PM
(04-08-2014 10:33 PM)Astreja Wrote:  You can't have it both ways: You can't claim that infinite regress is "impossible" while simultaneously dismissing recurrences with slight variations.

A slight variation is not a reoccurrence since it is a slight variation. Infinite regress remains impossible either way in cause and effect.

Either way, atheism is false. So to be an atheist is a state of delusion.
04-08-2014, 11:14 PM
(04-08-2014 11:01 PM)hbl Wrote:  A slight variation is not a reoccurrence since it is a slight variation. Infinite regress remains impossible either way in cause and effect.

I would like to see the actual mathematics that demonstrates this alleged impossibility, not just your assertion.

Quote:Either way, atheism is false. So to be an atheist is a state of delusion.

Until your alleged god proves its existence to My satisfaction (not yours), My atheism will continue. At very least, I see it as a more practical "delusion" than believing in invisible beings who depend on mortal spokesmen rather than just showing themselves and stating plainly what they want.
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
04-08-2014, 11:29 PM
(04-08-2014 11:14 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I would like to see the actual mathematics that demonstrates this alleged impossibility, not just your assertion.

No mathematics are needed to know that the you that you are now at this time is the only time you are you now for any other time or space is not the space and time here and now. Even a 6 year old can understand that so let go of your delusion. It can be said atheism is a form of delusion with very specific purpose to reject your Creator and thus go to Hell.
04-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Yep. You're a troll.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
04-08-2014, 11:40 PM
(04-08-2014 11:29 PM)hbl Wrote:  No mathematics are needed to know that the you that you are now at this time is the only time you are you now for any other time or space is not the space and time here and now. Even a 6 year old can understand that so let go of your delusion.

Ah, so you can't demonstrate it mathematically, then? Didn't think so.

Quote:It can be said atheism is a form of delusion with very specific purpose to reject your Creator and thus go to Hell.

It can be "said," but from My perspective it is not true.

I say again: I find it impossible to believe in something for which I have found no good evidence. If I go to Hell, it's only fair that your god comes with Me for failure to practice due diligence, under the Uniform Code of Divine Justice, Subchapter 933, Article 133 ("Conduct Unbecoming a Divine Being.") Look it up for yours ...

... Oh, that's right; you wouldn't have a copy of that, would you? You're a mortal. Angel
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post