Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
17-08-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(17-08-2014 12:56 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Please describe the mechanism that prevents nothing from becoming something before that mechanism can exist because nothing exists in nothing. Show how rules can effect a thing before the rule exists.

That's goofy. Why would non-existence need a mechanism that prevents nothing from becoming something. There is nothing to prevent. Nothing always leaves nothing from nothing. And non-existence has no mechanisms for it doesn't exist.

Why would you need to show how a rule can effect a thing before the rule exists? That's a contradictory statement. A rule can't effect a thing if it doesn't exist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(17-08-2014 02:15 PM)hbl Wrote:  ...A rule can't effect a thing if it doesn't exist.
Don't think you answered me last time hbl and I'm genuinely curious. Do you still live with your parents or do you have someone come round to clean and feed you?

Using Tapatalk
17-08-2014, 02:18 PM
(17-08-2014 02:15 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 12:56 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Please describe the mechanism that prevents nothing from becoming something before that mechanism can exist because nothing exists in nothing. Show how rules can effect a thing before the rule exists.

That's goofy. Why would non-existence need a mechanism that prevents nothing from becoming something. There is nothing to prevent. Nothing always leaves nothing from nothing. And non-existence has no mechanisms for it doesn't exist.

Why would you need to show how a rule can effect a thing before the rule exists? That's a contradictory statement. A rule can't effect a thing if it doesn't exist.

There is no such thing as "nothing" in this universe, (as Krauss has demonstrated). "Nothingness" is a pre-scientific fiction.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 02:39 PM
(17-08-2014 02:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no such thing as "nothing" in this universe, (as Krauss has demonstrated). "Nothingness" is a pre-scientific fiction.

Of course there is no such thing as nothing in the universe. Everything in the universe is something. Nothingness is indeed fantasy. Therefore, that which does not exist or non-existence can't cause anything because it doesn't exist, so the universe can't come from nothing.

Since the universe can't come from nothing, it needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God.

Thus, atheism is false, and like all false things, they do harm to you so you are masochistic because you believe in this lie. Why do you like abusing yourself? Where is the love in that?
17-08-2014, 02:41 PM
[Image: 148990_340.jpg]

Facepalm

17-08-2014, 02:42 PM
(17-08-2014 02:39 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 02:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no such thing as "nothing" in this universe, (as Krauss has demonstrated). "Nothingness" is a pre-scientific fiction.

Of course there is no such thing as nothing in the universe. Everything in the universe is something. Nothingness is indeed fantasy. Therefore, that which does not exist or non-existence can't cause anything because it doesn't exist, so the universe can't come from nothing.

Since the universe can't come from nothing, it needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God.

Atheism is false, and like all false things, they do harm to you so you are masochistic because you believe in this lie. Why do you like abusing yourself? Where is the love in that?

Didn't we already have an "uncreated creator" troll here?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-08-2014, 02:42 PM
(17-08-2014 02:41 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  .

It is said that the truth is not unreasonable but it is unloved because people prefer to be selfish. Who is more selfish than those who believe in atheism?
17-08-2014, 02:49 PM
(17-08-2014 02:42 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 02:41 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  .

It is said that the truth is not unreasonable but it is unloved because people prefer to be selfish. Who is more selfish than those who believe in atheism?

Who is more selfish? Consider
The asshole who preaches against the one true gawd & creator of the universe, Santa Claus, by creating a false idol in the form of the Jahobuh-Jeebus to draw worship away from Him, and his prophet, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

^^^^ that's how friggin stupid you sound to people with enough brain in their head to dismiss the idea of invisible people, and fairies Dodgy

17-08-2014, 02:49 PM
(17-08-2014 02:39 PM)hbl Wrote:  Everything in the universe is something. Nothingness is indeed fantasy. Therefore, that which does not exist or non-existence can't cause anything because it doesn't exist, so the universe can't come from nothing.

Thus, atheism is false, and like all false things, they do harm to you so you are masochistic because you believe in this lie. Why do you like abusing yourself? Where is the love in that?

Wrong again. Your statements are a series of non-sequiturs which do not follow from your premises, and which you have not demonstrated, only which you assume as you have no education, and can think only the simplistic terms you picked up by rote from Fundamentalists.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-08-2014, 03:01 PM
(17-08-2014 02:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fundamentalists.

Christians believe that that which does not exist can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. Surely you're insane!