Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
17-08-2014, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2014 03:27 PM by barrywhitecc.)
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(03-08-2014 08:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  The reason I don't believe in atheism is because something can't come from nothing. That which does not exist can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. For example, a square circle can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. Likewise, non-existence can't cause nature or the universe to come into being. Krauss would be wrong as well, because that which doesn't exist can't split into something. It doesn't exist.

And nature can't always have existed either, because if it did, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now in an infinite regression of cause and effects, so you should have already happened.

Moreover, infinite regress is inherently self-contradictory because if there was this past eternity of cause and effects as part of nature, the universe or universes, then a past eternity should continue to go on for eternity, never reaching this point in the here and now. Thus, past eternity is a man made construct, but doesn't exist in reality.

Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. Knowing this, we know, therefore, that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God. If you ask me what I mean by the term God, the first thing I would tell you is that this is the 'uncreated Creator'.

Knowing that God exists, it is incumbent upon us to find out where God reveals Himself as only one faith can be true because God does not contradict Himself. He makes Himself known rather than unknown as we have already seen by this proof. What else does He reveal about Himself?

How do you know God is a male? Furthermore, how do you know there is only one creator? It is implied by your word usage that there is only one god, and that he is a male. Where's the proof?

Even if there exists some sort of cosmic creator, I need definitive proof of that being true. Out of the evidence presented, I choose atheism out of practicality rather than certainty. I don't KNOW for sure that there is no god, but I have no reason to subscribe to the belief that there is a god either, let alone a god or gods of the major religions around. In other words, my life is not impacted whether a god exists or not, because if such a being(s) exist, that god has chosen to not make itself known to us.

Also, title should be changed from "Do you believe in atheism" to "Do you have belief in any supernatural creator?" It makes no sense how its worded. Its like asking someone who doesn't believe in ghosts, "Do you believe in not believing in ghosts?"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 03:32 PM
(17-08-2014 03:22 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  How do you know God is a male? Furthermore, how do you know there is only one creator? It is implied by your word usage that there is only one god, and that he is a male. Where's the proof?

Even if there exists some sort of cosmic creator, I need definitive proof of that being true. Out of the evidence presented, I choose atheism out of practicality rather than certainty. I don't KNOW for sure that there is no god, but I have no reason to subscribe to the belief that there is a god either, let alone a god or gods of the major religions around. In other words, my life is not impacted whether a god exists or not, because if such a being(s) exist, that god has chosen to not make itself known to us.

God is spirit. In choosing to reveal Himself personally by entering His creation, He could choose the male or female form. He chose the male form in Christ Jesus. Why did He do this? Maybe He thought men are more murdering bastards than women so atonement can save them if they accept the cross. There could be other reasons as well such as man is the stronghold in the family, its defender, often bread winner and so forth.

If you want more than one uncreated Creator you have to ask where these others come from. This problem does not exist with only one uncreated Creator.

The proof God exists is that nature could not always have existed nor start up from nothing; so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. There is practicality to this as well since atheists have the highest percentage of suicide rates in the world. There are more charities in the world that are religious than atheist. And the list goes on and on. Atheists are cold hearted.

Your life is impacted because believing you and everyone will just cease to exist it doesn't matter what you do because the end result is the same. That, of course, is morally bankrupt, and frankly I would not want someone with that attitude living near me because you are unhealthy to be around. I prefer a healthy outlook on life.

Only in Christianity does God make Himself known through His only begotten Son. Since nobody can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings, we know Jesus is God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 03:45 PM
(17-08-2014 03:32 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:22 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  How do you know God is a male? Furthermore, how do you know there is only one creator? It is implied by your word usage that there is only one god, and that he is a male. Where's the proof?

God is spirit. In choosing to reveal Himself personally by entering His creation, He could choose the male or female form. He chose the male form in Christ Jesus. Why did He do this? Maybe He thought men are more murdering bastards than women so atonement can save them if they accept the cross. There could be other reasons as well such as man is the stronghold in the family, its defender, often bread winner and so forth.

If you want more than one uncreated Creator you have to ask where these others come from. This problem does not exist with only one uncreated Creator.

The proof God exists is that nature could not always have existed nor start up from nothing; so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. There is practicality to this as well since atheists have the highest percentage of suicide rates in the world. There are more charities in the world that are religious than atheist. And the list goes on and on. Atheists are cold hearted.

Your life is impacted because believing you and everyone will just cease to exist it doesn't matter what you do because the end result is the same. That, of course, is morally bankrupt, and frankly I would not want someone with that attitude living near me because you are unhealthy to be around. I prefer a healthy outlook on life.

Only in Christianity does God make Himself known through His only begotten Son. Since nobody can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings, we know Jesus is God.

Atheists are cold hearted? Okay. Where's the proof?

You say that because nature exists it proves that God exists, because something outside of space and time and material being would be needed to create the world and universe as we see it now. Again, where's the proof that a god is needed? Where's the proof that it was the god that you subscribe to that did it? How did you find out that information? Furthermore, what created god if something outside of time and space was needed to create what we see around us right now? And if you're going to use the argument that god is outside of space and time, I'll just say that the same could be true for what caused the singularity.

We can both assert things to be true, but the truth is you need to have evidence that has been proven and tested to be true if you expect people to be swayed to your beliefs. For every crack that Yahweh is painted into when the answer is unknown, I could just as easily paint Allah, Vishnu, Zeus, etc. into that same crack. I could say that Allah created everything, and I know because he told me so. You can't DISPROVE that....but neither can I prove that Allah did it either.

I don't know what created life, but I suspect some day we will find the answer. Until then, I just have to admit the truth...I dunno....and if you look at the evidence and think about it critically, you'll probably say the same thing to. Its okay to not know the answer man.
17-08-2014, 03:57 PM
(17-08-2014 03:45 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  Atheists are cold hearted? Okay. Where's the proof?

Atheists have the highest suicide rates. That's your proof.
17-08-2014, 03:58 PM
You are making me a little suicidal.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
17-08-2014, 04:00 PM
(17-08-2014 03:45 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  You say that because nature exists it proves that God exists, because something outside of space and time and material being would be needed to create the world and universe as we see it now. Again, where's the proof that a god is needed? Where's the proof that it was the god that you subscribe to that did it? How did you find out that information? Furthermore, what created god if something outside of time and space was needed to create what we see around us right now? And if you're going to use the argument that god is outside of space and time, I'll just say that the same could be true for what caused the singularity.

Since nature can't always have existed nor start up from nothing, it needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. It logically follows.

We know God of the Bible did it because you can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

It is illogical to ask what caused the uncreated Creator. He's uncreated.
17-08-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm telling you guys, it's the 'uncreated creator' dude back for another round.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-08-2014, 04:03 PM
It's savedwheat! I had to do a search when his favorite buzzword started showing up.

Sock alert!

17-08-2014, 04:08 PM
What do you think of my new signature?
17-08-2014, 04:09 PM
(17-08-2014 04:08 PM)hbl Wrote:  What do you think of my new signature?

It's an ugly color Mr. Wheat.