Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
17-08-2014, 04:36 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(17-08-2014 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You quite clearly stated that you can judge us.

Of course I can judge you just as we have to judge people that we lock up in jail for life. I judge you that you are going to be locked up in Hell for eternity.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 04:38 PM
(17-08-2014 04:36 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You quite clearly stated that you can judge us.

Of course I can judge you just as we have to judge people that we lock up in jail for life. I judge you that you are going to be locked up in Hell for eternity.

You are going against your holy book. For shame, surely gawd will punish you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 05:28 PM
(17-08-2014 04:00 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:45 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  You say that because nature exists it proves that God exists, because something outside of space and time and material being would be needed to create the world and universe as we see it now. Again, where's the proof that a god is needed? Where's the proof that it was the god that you subscribe to that did it? How did you find out that information? Furthermore, what created god if something outside of time and space was needed to create what we see around us right now? And if you're going to use the argument that god is outside of space and time, I'll just say that the same could be true for what caused the singularity.

Since nature can't always have existed nor start up from nothing, it needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. It logically follows.

We know God of the Bible did it because you can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

It is illogical to ask what caused the uncreated Creator. He's uncreated.

So if the creator is uncreated, he must not exist.
17-08-2014, 06:00 PM
(17-08-2014 02:15 PM)hbl Wrote:  A rule can't effect a thing if it doesn't exist.

Right so the rule of Cause and Effect and the rule that "something can't come from nothing" don't exist when there is nothing thus there is not one thing that prevents something coming from nothing. Those rules don't exist when there is only nothing.

Unless you would like to describe a mechanism that can function to dictate what nothing can and can not do, when said mechanism does not exist, then you just agreed with me that something can come from nothing.
17-08-2014, 06:13 PM
(17-08-2014 04:12 PM)hbl Wrote:  I like how it succinctly shows why atheists are going to Hell.

Since hell, in accordance with christian doctrine, is simply a place devoid of god, I couldn't imagine a nicer place to be. Thumbsup

Source is Reason, Faith and Tradition by Martin C. Albl, Chapter 7 page 188 – describing hell.

"We begin with a reminder of limitations of our language. Since hell, according to Christian doctrine, is a supernatural reality, it can only be described in analogies. Holy Scripture teaches us the essence of hell in images. When it speaks of the fire of hell, it is not to be understood in a grossly realistic sense. The images of fire and pain were ways of expressing the essential Christian understanding of hell – that it is a separation from God. We may define heaven as simply being with God, and hell, in contrast, is simply being without God. It is thus an existence without goodness and without meaning."

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
17-08-2014, 06:39 PM
You said, "there is not one thing that prevents something coming from nothing." If nothing exists there is nothing to prevent. And we only observe cause and effect in nature, and no hard evidence of something from nothing.

You said "describe the mechanism...when [a] mechanism does not exist." There is no mechanism as you said when there is nothing so requesting a mechanism is a false question.
17-08-2014, 06:40 PM
(17-08-2014 06:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Right so the rule of Cause and Effect and the rule that "something can't come from nothing" don't exist when there is nothing thus there is not one thing that prevents something coming from nothing. Those rules don't exist when there is only nothing.

Unless you would like to describe a mechanism that can function to dictate what nothing can and can not do, when said mechanism does not exist, then you just agreed with me that something can come from nothing.

You said, "there is not one thing that prevents something coming from nothing." If nothing exists there is nothing to prevent. And we only observe cause and effect in nature, and no hard evidence of something from nothing.

You said "describe the mechanism...when [a] mechanism does not exist." There is no mechanism as you said when there is nothing so requesting a mechanism is a false question.
17-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Look at the sheer evil in that face...lol, ahh gotta love organized religion, and the evil despots it breeds

[Image: 29ktnhe.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-08-2014, 06:45 PM
(17-08-2014 06:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Since hell, in accordance with christian doctrine, is simply a place devoid of god, I couldn't imagine a nicer place to be. Thumbsup

Source is Reason, Faith and Tradition by Martin C. Albl, Chapter 7 page 188 – describing hell.

"We begin with a reminder of limitations of our language. Since hell, according to Christian doctrine, is a supernatural reality, it can only be described in analogies. Holy Scripture teaches us the essence of hell in images. When it speaks of the fire of hell, it is not to be understood in a grossly realistic sense. The images of fire and pain were ways of expressing the essential Christian understanding of hell – that it is a separation from God. We may define heaven as simply being with God, and hell, in contrast, is simply being without God. It is thus an existence without goodness and without meaning."

You said, "Since hell, in accordance with christian doctrine, is simply a place devoid of god, I couldn't imagine a nicer place to be."

Exactly that is your view. But for Christians it would really be hell because there is no love. It's like being locked up in jail for life.

So why complain about it in this thread? Embrace that place Hell you are going to since it is what you want. You sound conflicted.
17-08-2014, 06:48 PM
(17-08-2014 04:00 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:45 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  You say that because nature exists it proves that God exists, because something outside of space and time and material being would be needed to create the world and universe as we see it now. Again, where's the proof that a god is needed? Where's the proof that it was the god that you subscribe to that did it? How did you find out that information? Furthermore, what created god if something outside of time and space was needed to create what we see around us right now? And if you're going to use the argument that god is outside of space and time, I'll just say that the same could be true for what caused the singularity.

Since nature can't always have existed nor start up from nothing, it needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. It logically follows.

We know God of the Bible did it because you can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

It is illogical to ask what caused the uncreated Creator. He's uncreated.

When you get around to actually supporting your assertions, someone might take you seriously.

Until you come up with something other than personal incredulity, I suggest you read A Universe from Nothing: Why There is Something Rather than Nothing by physicist Lawrence M. Krauss.

I don't have any real hope that you will.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]