Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
17-08-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(17-08-2014 06:45 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 06:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Since hell, in accordance with christian doctrine, is simply a place devoid of god, I couldn't imagine a nicer place to be. Thumbsup

Source is Reason, Faith and Tradition by Martin C. Albl, Chapter 7 page 188 – describing hell.

"We begin with a reminder of limitations of our language. Since hell, according to Christian doctrine, is a supernatural reality, it can only be described in analogies. Holy Scripture teaches us the essence of hell in images. When it speaks of the fire of hell, it is not to be understood in a grossly realistic sense. The images of fire and pain were ways of expressing the essential Christian understanding of hell – that it is a separation from God. We may define heaven as simply being with God, and hell, in contrast, is simply being without God. It is thus an existence without goodness and without meaning."

You said, "Since hell, in accordance with christian doctrine, is simply a place devoid of god, I couldn't imagine a nicer place to be."

Exactly that is your view. But for Christians it would really be hell because there is no love. It's like being locked up in jail for life.

So why complain about it in this thread? Embrace that place Hell you are going to since it is what you want. You sound conflicted.

An imaginary existence without god wouldn't mean without love, all a moot point since this is the only after life ahead of you:

[Image: seqg69.jpg]

fight it all you want, I get it, when you get old you get scared, hug your fear.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 07:20 PM
(17-08-2014 04:12 PM)hbl Wrote:  I like how it succinctly shows why atheists are going to Hell.

You realize this whole thread is like arguing hammer and tong over Big Foot's shoe size. It's totally meaningless since it's a fictional character.

Unlike you, when I see people of different faiths and beliefs and ideas I never see them burning in hell. What a shameful, immoral and insidious concept. If there is ever a time in my life that I do look on my fellow humans in this manner I hope someone slaps some sense into me. I would forever be grateful to them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-08-2014, 07:41 PM
(17-08-2014 07:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What a shameful, immoral and insidious concept.

Since you can't be with God's elect and you will never repent of your sins and receive forgiveness from God by the cross of Christ, where are you going to exist for eternity?

Hell is necessary. As horrible a place jail is it too is necessary. Some people have to be locked up in jail for life just like you need to be locked up in Hell for eternity.

It's really quite reasonable. Would a loving God allow you to be near His elect to harm us or throw out your sick minded words?

Heaven has no selfishness or sin in it, but Hell does. You'll be right at home in Hell so why complain about it? It is perfectly suited for someone as evil as you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Being the sock puppet that you are makes you dishonest...I think your gawd frowns on that. Perhaps you will only have to fry for a fraction of eternity.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
17-08-2014, 07:50 PM
(17-08-2014 07:41 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 07:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What a shameful, immoral and insidious concept.

Since you can't be with God's elect and you will never repent of your sins and receive forgiveness from God by the cross of Christ, where are you going to exist for eternity?

Hell is necessary. As horrible a place jail is it too is necessary. Some people have to be locked up in jail for life just like you need to be locked up in Hell for eternity.

It's really quite reasonable. Would a loving God allow you to be near His elect to harm us or throw out your sick minded words?

Heaven has no selfishness or sin in it, but Hell does. You'll be right at home in Hell so why complain about it? It is perfectly suited for someone as evil as you.

The church leaders developed doctrine to reflect Jesus Christ’s fulfilling of God’s will through active obedience, vice his passive obedience through death. Basically, God requires mankind to obey and live a life of perpetual obedience (Mattison 1). This endless cycle of perpetual intellectual and spiritual slavery upon birth, where we continuously strive to bow and scrape in deference to our alleged creator’s self-centered will and ego, is hardly what a thinking person would presume a deity of such universe and life creating power, would be so obsessed with. What kind of immature supreme being would create all of this, create life, destroy life, send part of his own “body” down in the form of a man through immaculate conception, so he can die on our behalf to satisfy God’s ego requirement for sacrifice. I don’t purport to understand the consciousness of this alleged magical creature, but it is hard to conceive such childish, disingenuous manipulation of life for the entertainment of itself. This dramatic, over thought, contrite, anthropocentric theory must be the creation of man’s imagination. How could it be anything else?

In summary, this complex, dramatic Christian theological concept is obviously a fabrication of much thought, and introspective philosophy. Perhaps they could have put all that time and effort into something more constructive. Creating a subservient, subjugative crutch for people with low mental resilience, apparent inability to use reason and logic to comprehend the world around them, and wild imaginations seems unnecessary. In my opinion, religion and faith block the believer’s ability to utilize appropriate epistemological methods to process and gain knowledge. As apparent by the fact that a recent study showed that one fourth of America believed the sun revolved around the earth. This is the perfect example of how religious thought handicaps a person’s ability to learn.

Works Cited:

Mattison, Mark. “The Meaning of the Atonement.” Mark Mattison. 1987. Web. Retrieved from http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/openhse/atonement.html

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
17-08-2014, 08:00 PM
So, hbl, your god is so weak that it has to lock up mere mortals for eternity in order to protect its chosen few sycophants? Heeheeheeheehee! That indicates to Me that in your tortured imagination, "heaven" and "hell" are right next door to each other. One good kick on that door and we'll be among you, drinking all the beer in the fridge and subverting the parental locks on the TV. Laughat
17-08-2014, 08:02 PM
(17-08-2014 08:00 PM)Astreja Wrote:  So, hbl, your god is so weak that it has to lock up mere mortals for eternity in order to protect its chosen few sycophants? Heeheeheeheehee! That indicates to Me that in your tortured imagination, "heaven" and "hell" are right next door to each other. One good kick on that door and we'll be among you, drinking all the beer in the fridge and subverting the parental locks on the TV. Laughat

I picture two identical huge rooms with an adjoining door, whichever one "god" is in, is heaven Laugh out load

Oh the stupidity kills me.

[Image: m9sw9w.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
17-08-2014, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2014 08:53 PM by hbl.)
At least we all agree with 1-4, 6-8, and 2nd half of 5, even though you are too afraid to accept the 1st half of 5:

1) something in nature can't come from nothing or non-existence;
2) infinite regress of cause and effect in nature is impossible because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so;
3) so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated;
4) this uncreated Creator that is proven in 1-3 is whom we refer to as God;
5) the 2nd Person of the Godhead more specifically is Jesus because none of us can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles when they said they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings over 40 days;
6) for example, people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie, and they were all martyred for their eyewitness testimony;
7) group hallucinations are impossible; and
8) the 12 eyewitness Apostles, Apostle Paul (eyewitness), and James brother of Jesus (eyewitness) never changed their view.

I encourage you to read 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2 over and over and as deeply as you can. You will have a higher probability of giving your life to Christ if you do. Of course you will have a lower probability if you remain selfishly as you are and not read it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing always and expecting a different result. And read John chapter 3 to see how to be born-again. My prayers go out to you that there is still time to give your life to Christ but that time is getting shorter and shorter. In fact, the longer you wait the more difficult it will become of ever giving your life to Christ. I have never met anyone past the age of 40 who ever gave their life to Christ. So if you are under 40 this prayer is mostly for you.
17-08-2014, 08:41 PM
(17-08-2014 08:34 PM)hbl Wrote:  At least we all agree:

1) something in nature can't come from nothing or non-existence;
2) infinite regress of cause and effect in nature is impossible because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so;
3) so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated;
4) this uncreated Creator that is proven in 1-3 is whom we refer to as God;
5) the 2nd Person of the Godhead is more specifically Jesus because none of us can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in saying they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings over 40 days;
6) for example, people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie;
7) group hallucinations are impossible; and
8) the 12 eyewitness Apostles and Apostle Paul (also an eyewitness) never changed their view.

I encourage you to read 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2 over and over and as deeply as you can. You will have a higher probability of giving your life to Christ if you do so.

We agree on nothing you lying troll.
You actually sound as though the person you're really trying to convince, is yourself. You've converted no one. You've changed not one mind. You've caused a scandal and brought yet more disrepute on your co-religionists by being such a hateful person who delights in the idea others are going to hell. You can go now. You've wasted your time here. But you did provide a forum for all the passing guests to see how easily your brand of Fundamentalist craziness is dismissed, and for that service to the atheist community, you are thanked. Good job. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-08-2014, 08:41 PM
(17-08-2014 08:34 PM)hbl Wrote:  none of us can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in saying they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings over 40 days

[Image: 1209679403252.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition