Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
03-08-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
Fallacy after fallacy after fallacy all of which I read in my mind to the sound of voice of that idiot WLC. Pathetic regurgitation of a hack.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
03-08-2014, 09:50 PM
(03-08-2014 09:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  "what is 12 devided by 0?".

Mathematically... valid.
Syntactically... invalid.

Tongue
Touché
[Image: giphy.gif]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
03-08-2014, 09:56 PM
As other's have stated, Atheism is a disbelief in Deities. You can't believe in disbelief. Also a God cannot just exist, God would have had to be created by something but as you said something can't be created by nothing so God cannot exist.

[Image: cant-tell-if-youre-trolling-or-actually-serious.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-08-2014, 10:35 PM
So, the title of this thread should really be, "Why I Don't Believe In Science". But maybe the OP thought that would just make him look stupid. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes bobsyeruncle's post
03-08-2014, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 11:02 PM by hbl.)
(03-08-2014 09:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And thus we have proof of the only god that has revealed itself to us.

All praise the eternal uncaused Flying Spaghetti Monster.

That's awesome to hear you now believe in God, but which one is the correct one?

FSM or God of the Bible, for example? Which provides more evidence?

The latter has the original eyewitness Apostles who spent 3 years with Jesus claim to have seen Him alive from the dead in various group settings. And they were put to death for their claim, never relenting and never recanting.

People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie. And group hallucinations are impossible. So individual hallucinations though I am not sure we even have those for FSM are possible, but don't compare to group eyewitness testimony for Jesus. Group hallucinations are impossible!

Do we have that sort of multiple eyewitness testimony for FSM or is the latter more like the Greek gods, assumed to exist, that are unseeable and untouchable and without the substantial proof of resurrection?

I would also favor the God who has a major following after 2000 years at least, but if we were to poll people, I would think almost nobody believes in FSM perhaps because God as spaghetti and a monster don't seem to glorify Him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2014, 10:57 PM
(03-08-2014 10:56 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And thus we have proof of the only god that has revealed itself to us.

All praise the eternal uncaused Flying Spaghetti Monster.
That's awesome to hear you now believe in God, but which one is the correct one? The FSM or God of the Bible, for example? Which provides more evidence? The latter has the original eyewitness Apostles who spent 3 years with Jesus claim to have seen Him alive from the dead in various group settings.

Do we have that sort of multiple eyewitness testimony for FSM or is the latter more like the Greek gods that are unseeable and untouchable and without the substantial proof of resurrection?

You must not understand sarcasm

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it 8/8.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 14 users Like Vosur's post
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
(03-08-2014 10:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You must not understand sarcasm

Chalk that one up for still nobody can be found to even believe in FSM. I don't think that helps your case. I think it hurts it.
03-08-2014, 11:07 PM
(03-08-2014 09:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  As other's have stated, Atheism is a disbelief in Deities. You can't believe in disbelief. Also a God cannot just exist, God would have had to be created by something but as you said something can't be created by nothing so God cannot exist.

You can't believe your disbelief in God? Then you don't disbelieve in God which means you do believe in God. But then I am sure you will say you don't believe in God. All I can say to that is the Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8) because it is immoral.

God does just exist as proven by nature since nature can't start up from nothing and can't always have existed, so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. The uncreated Creator is what were refer to when we speak of God.
03-08-2014, 11:09 PM
I believe in atheism. Its when a person lacks belief in the existence of god(s).

I also believe in theism. Its when a person holds a belief in the existence of god(s).

I believe in many words existing that describe concepts, ideals, and belief systems (or lack there-of).

I also believe that the op has created the best argument that he could manage, given his limited logical prowess and understanding of the universe.
[+] 4 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post